Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brought & watched Independance Day on BluRay
This movie has the sub woofer booming and a great immersive 5.1 mix

:bounce:bounce
Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 1 in 7.1 on BluRay. You need to experience it to believe it!

Yes very good some funny stuff and awesome splatter scenes :rolleyes:

Also some koo tunes in surround :banana:

Found Snood another best buddy :banana:

I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy a few nights ago and found something pretty. I'd need someone to back me up on this though. The song that plays during the menu is Hooked On A Feeling. If you don't make a selection or start the film, the songs plays all the way through. I'm pretty sure it's in 5.1, unless it's a really good upmix. Can someone try and let me know if my ears need to be checked?

The back vocals (or chant really) are in the back and the brass also.

I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy a few nights ago and found something pretty. I'd need someone to back me up on this though. The song that plays during the menu is Hooked On A Feeling. If you don't make a selection or start the film, the songs plays all the way through. I'm pretty sure it's in 5.1, unless it's a really good upmix. Can someone try and let me know if my ears need to be checked?

The back vocals (or chant really) are in the back and the brass also.

Love that song and remembering it being played at times in the movie, maybe it can be ripped from the blu ray?

Will try with my copy :)

Love that song and remembering it being played at times in the movie, maybe it can be ripped from the blu ray?

Will try with my copy :)

I've never tried ripping music from a menu. I hope it works. :)

I've never tried ripping music from a menu. I hope it works. :)

Me too, never ripped music from a movie (well, some concerts) before. But it worked! I did even find a soundtrack that included the "uga chaga" beginning of the song (that is not heard in the menu), but this track plays the song twice... have not learned to split flac files yet.

But the blu ray plays the song in 7.1 - I only managed to rip 5.1.

Other than that - it sounds nice to me :) Maybe check my blu ray and dvd collection for more of such treasures - or at least pay attention when watching movies from now on!

Thanks Simon :)

Hooked_zpsiwnez3ks.jpg

The Alien Anthology Blu-ray set, besides having some really good sound, probably has the most exhaustive amount of extras I can think of, or at least that I have. The 5th disc which is all the documentaries created in 2003 for each individual film (even the fourth which I hated) is worth a watch if you're a hound for extras like I am.

187 (One Eight Seven) https://www.amazon.com/One-Eight-Seven-Samuel-Jackson/dp/0790733633

so I've always enjoyed this movie (from 1997) not only because I think it's a cool movie but because of the soundtrack. I actually bought a few (stereo) albums just from the songs in this this movie. A lot of reviews call the music "Trip-Hop"

The track listing (according to wikipedia) is:

No. Title Performing artist Length

1. "Slack Hands" Galliano 4:46
2. "Spying Glass" Massive Attack 5:20
3. "Release Yo' Delf (Prodigy Remix)" Method Man 4:54
4. "Stem" DJ Shadow 3:25
5. "Flipside" Everything But the Girl 4:30
6. "Karmacoma" Massive Attack 5:21
7. "In November" Dave Darling 4:28
8. "Neither Sing Sing nor Baden Baden" Bang Bang 5:57
9. "Raincry" God Within 5:40
10. "Pregao" Madredeus 4:03
11. "The Wilderness" V Love 5:16
12. "Mankind, Pt. 2" Jalal Mansur Nuriddin 5:02

I've never actually seen (heard) the movie on a proper surround system until tonight (it was on HBO, not DVD) and although I believe the tracklisting is more of an upmix than a discrete 5.1 the 5.1 Dolby Digital of the entire movie mix still brings this movie and the track listing to a whole new level.

There's some great music in this relatively unknown and under-rated movie.

There is a stereo cd soundtrack from this movie here: https://www.amazon.com/187-Motion-Picture-David-Darling/dp/B000002JXE

which is excellent but isn't 5.1 like the movie

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if the $5 selling price was a typo??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently purchased 4 brand new BD~As for $3.74 from Amazon [I Am Legend; Constantine; V for Vendetta and Blade]. Seems they have these 'FLASH" specials which probably only last a few hours and then withdraw them. Not even $1 per BD~A...C.R.A.Z.Y.

Back