5 Universal HK Limited Edition Hybrid Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
No mastering info. I hate it when an audiophile format is released with no mastering info.

No mastering info. I hate it when an audiophile format is released with no mastering info.

That's pretty common these days. Notable exceptions are the releases from Blue Coast Music, Native DSD and some of the titles on Super HiRez/Acoustic Sounds.

I'm definitely in for the Roxy Music. So I guess these are from Hong Kong?

I'm very confused about the Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry and Mike Oldfield releases, just because I thought those albums were currently owned by Universal, not Sony, so what area of the world are these coming from?

Perhaps they're shipping in from an off-world colony.

I'm very confused about the Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry and Mike Oldfield releases, just because I thought those albums were currently owned by Universal, not Sony, so what area of the world are these coming from?

The Enigma could be cool, but $40 is steep, especially considering the state of the CDN dollar

All these SONY Hong Kong SACD imports are $40 list.......On the average, I've been paying about $27US delivered for the ones I do have simply by waiting a month or two until Deep Discount or Import CD has them in stock.

You might also want to investigate Yesasia.com prices which includes FREE worldwide delivery and sometimes additional discounts for buying more than one title.

Also agree, Enigma is a no brainer purchase for me, as well.

I am also interested in the Ennio Morricone SACD: this looks to be the song selection (with sound samples) of SONY's SACD (originally released on the EMI/Virgin label which is now owned by Universal) http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-very-best-of-ennio-morricone-emi-mw0000457556

Over 75 minutes of music.

Based on the information posted on Facebook by a Hong Kong music distributor/retailer, these 5 titles are NOT being released by HK Sony Music. Instead, they are being released on March 23rd by HK Universal Music.

1505501_1063697200359277_2132128814812648667_n.jpg
10738_1063697250359272_7427037273159917065_n.jpg

10600630_1063697127025951_4063178550269157690_n.jpg
1239613_1063697153692615_3506065573378368903_n.jpg

Hmm, looks like a Universal Japan SACD release series, not Sony.
Just not SHM-SACDs but regular, non-green SACDs this time. :)

I was going by the description in the box where the price is located..the top line lists it as a "Sony Import SACD"...and the item number starts with SON...which I would guess is Sony..if it was Universal you would think it would be listed on cdJapan..but it's not...

It certainly makes more sense if some of these releases came from Universal (Mike Oldfield and Bryan Ferry specifically) seeing as how Universal is the label that currently has the recording rights for those artists in most countries.

Based on the information posted on Facebook by a Hong Kong music distributor/retailer, these 5 titles are NOT being released by HK Sony Music. Instead, they are being released on March 23rd by HK Universal Music.

I'll drop Elusive Disc a note and let them know.

Hmm, looks like a Universal Japan SACD release series, not Sony.
Just not SHM-SACDs but regular, non-green SACDs this time. :)

That certainly makes more sense as none of the artists were SONY ones.

Wonder if they'll be hybrid or single layered discs?

Back