5 Universal HK Limited Edition Hybrid Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope that elusive disc at least got that part right...they list it as a hybrid...strange that elusive disc has pre order information and yesasia and cdjapan have nothing...

Which means Clint that Deep Discount and ImportCD will list them in about a month. BTW, are you familiar with the Enigma disc? I played that sucker to death way back when but I was always wishing for a multichannel remix...Gregorian chant rock style!

Which means Clint that Deep Discount and ImportCD will list them in about a month. BTW, are you familiar with the Enigma disc? I played that sucker to death way back when but I was always wishing for a multichannel remix...Gregorian chant rock style!

Ralphie...tell me more about this enigma disc...not familiar with it...

Probably about a decade ago, Enigma was rumored to be working on multi-channel surround of this album. Of course, vaporware.

They do have a mch dvd (even more than one I think) this one sounds ok even if it's just dulby (if I remember correctly :couch).

I just saw it has dts too, not at home to verify though.

I wasn't impressed with this disc at all. I own the original (uncompressed) 1990 RBCD and it really sounds fantastic (for a RBCD). I'm sure the SACD will be OVER THE TOP!

I wasn't impressed with this disc at all. I own the original (uncompressed) 1990 RBCD and it really sounds fantastic (for a RBCD). I'm sure the SACD will be OVER THE TOP!

Why would you expect this digital era recording to sound so much better on SACD? Am I missing something?
I remember this album back in the day and it would be fun to listen to it again.

[/B]

Why would you expect this digital era recording to sound so much better on SACD? Am I missing something?
I remember this album back in the day and it would be fun to listen to it again.

Because, Brett, I firmly believe in the power of illusion. I did check the DR scores of the original 1990 RBCD and they are actually quite impressive [11~14 range across the board]. Of course my desire to have this album remixed into 5.1 has fallen on deaf ears but if I can procure the SACD at a decent price.....why not? It's called POSSESSION! And was the original recording DDD or Analogue to Digital?* I don't have the album in front of me.

But I do believe the Ennio Morricone disc is worth checking out. Some splendid music on that one.

*According to Wikipedia, it was one of the first albums to be recorded on a hard disc drive.

Because, Brett, I firmly believe in the power of illusion. I did check the DR scores of the original 1990 RBCD and they are actually quite impressive [11~14 range across the board]. Of course my desire to have this album remixed into 5.1 has fallen on deaf ears but if I can procure the SACD at a decent price.....why not? It's called POSSESSION! And was the original recording DDD or Analogue to Digital?* I don't have the album in front of me.

But I do believe the Ennio Morricone disc is worth checking out. Some splendid music on that one.

*According to Wikipedia, it was one of the first albums to be recorded on a hard disc drive.

There's a lot of that going around these days. LOL!! :mad:@:

Let's hope they can squeeze a few more bits out of that hard disk drive.

There's a lot of that going around these days. LOL!! :mad:@:

Let's hope they can squeeze a few more bits out of that hard disk drive.

Supposedly, Brett, in 1991 portions of the ENIGMA album were remixed and additional material was added. Since I don't own that version on RBCD, perhaps Universal will see fit to release the expanded and remixed version.

As to your second line ....you can't get blood from a STONE :violin

Hmm, looks like a Universal Japan SACD release series, not Sony.
Just not SHM-SACDs but regular, non-green SACDs this time. :)

They are more likely to be released by Hong Kong Universal Music, with the SACD themselves being pressed in Japan (by Japan Sony). That's the arrangement HK Universal has for all of its SACD releases since 2014. Also, since these titles are intended for the HK market only, they are unlikely to be listed on cdjapan.com.

HK Universal Has previously released SACDs from Virgin, a former label of EMI's:

23992704562_182260fca9_n.jpg
24018197861_a98b5c9c03_n.jpg

HK Sony is currently busy releasing SHM-XRCDs of Kenny G's "Live" and Dave Brubeck's "Time Out".

Since they are Universal HK Hybrid SACDs, expect to see them on Yes Asia in addition to Elusive Disc and the US audiophile web sites.

Back