SANSUI QS RECORDINGS THAT MIGHT NOT EXIST

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick is QuadFirst. I remember the old quad group from the late 70s, early 80s. Larry Clifton, Brian Moura, Ron Brain, Gerhard Thilgen, Nick Perugini, Dietrich, Mike Robin, Jay Frank, and a few more I've forgotten.

Imagine if the internet existed back then. Holy Crap, quad collecting sure would have been a lot easier. Back then it was auctions in Goldmine Magazine. For those that don't remember, you would find something in the listings, mail in a bid offer, then if you won, you sent the guy a check. LOL. It's like going back to crank-up phones (before my time, but a good example)

A few more I was in common contact with;

Dave Vaccaro, Joel Kellner, Alan Turner, Gary Hendershot, R.Scott Varner, Kenneth Parsons,and many others, such as those mentioned by Jon.

Some very helpful collectors, all.

If only a handful of them are on QQ , you will find them most helpful.(y):D

Jon
I know this is a small point but my name is

Ron Brain Not (Brian)

And I am still collecting Quad and others

Nick is
Imagine if the internet existed back then. Holy Crap, quad collecting sure would have been a lot easier. Back then it was auctions in Goldmine Magazine. For those that don't remember, you would find something in the listings, mail in a bid offer, then if you won, you sent the guy a check. LOL. It's like going back to crank-up phones (before my time, but a good example)

I still subscribe to goldmine 30+ years although cant say I have participated in mail in bids in years. By the time we had crank up phones I could call in my bid. It took forever.
A month later you would get notification if you won or not and then another week or two until the goods came.
The internet has been sooo helpful in researching and buying. I sure wish I could thank the guy who invented the internet.....but I cannot recall his name.

Jon
Ron Brain Not (Brian)

Ron, in the previous posts I was careful not to mention your real name so you could keep your identity under your screen name, now you have taken the mask off!

I still subscribe to goldmine 30+ years although cant say I have participated in mail in bids in years. By the time we had crank up phones I could call in my bid. It took forever.
A month later you would get notification if you one or not and then another week or two until the goods came.
The internet has been sooo helpful in researching and buying. I sure wish I could thank the guy who invented the internet.....but I cannot recall his name.

(Sir) Tim Berners-Lee, I think? :eek:

EDIT: Yep! :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Jon

Ron Brain Not (Brian)

Sorry Ron, I always screw that up. Even after all of these years! :eek:

Sorry about that

I don't think that I could find any more than you have shown
But they turn up all the time
I don't think we will ever find out all that was released
It will be one of life's mysteries

I couldn't agree more, Ron.!!

A lot of time has passed since these prolific quad release years for the Japan quads. MARK;

If your going to adopt a policy of "pictures prove existance"?? You will have to dismiss many other discs provided on lists and this may compromise your listings accuracy.

But it's your discography ? So do as you wish., I suppose.

But keep in mind, there are quad discs STILL being disclosed even this late in the QUAD ERA. (ie, KL RECORDS, ESP DISC, MOJO RECORDS, ETC)

fizzzzy

I couldn't agree more, Ron.!!

I was just hoping Ron could share more on this topic as he has seen so much that is foreign to us in the US.

A lot of time has passed since these prolific quad release years for the Japan quads. MARK;

If your going to adopt a policy of "pictures prove existance"?? You will have to dismiss many other discs provided on lists and this may compromise your listings accuracy.

Well. Good Point, I have relied on some sort of proof like a scan to confirm existence and just so I could see it!
You would be surprised how much on the list that I verified and that is why I brought up the three titles that started this.
It was not so much to prove the existence of the titles but to verify that the title name was right as I have never seen album
titles with that name released by the artist.
So it could be it does exist with that catalog number but under a different title. I was just hoping that maybe someone had exhausted
every avenue searching for the title or actually had one.
I am just trying to add some accuracy to the discography but I must say I don't have a hard set of rules.

But it's your discography ? So do as you wish., I suppose.

My discography....Hum. My web site yes, but I have always posted preliminary updates for everyone to comment on and get a consensus
so I always thought it was the people’s discography and I was just the typist and guardian.

But keep in mind, there are quad discs STILL being disclosed even this late in the QUAD ERA. (ie, KL RECORDS, ESP DISC, MOJO RECORDS, ETC)

Yes and it is still fun to this day to find a new title but 99% of the time it is something I had never heard of and not something that was published 40 years ago.
If you would not mind, do you have any suggestions on how something should be judged to include or not in the discography, I am certainly open to suggestions. I guess I have always used the common consensus among this group if it is really quad or not and if it exists.
I guess in some way I have taken your comments as I have made decisions on what is listed or not so if you disagree with something that is what this forum is for so please let me know.

fizzzzy

Mark

I'm probably repeating myself, but,

Far too much time has passed since the QUAD release years, and the Japanese market as I stated previously was one ALL us collectors tried in vain to access.

As Ron mentioned on his post, from time to time some of those discs do go up on auction sites, and apart from that confirming titles released in Japan-exclusive to Japan that you need confirmed is a monumental task indeed.

I myself, wonder how many more titles were released in Japan in the '70's, as that QS TITLES LISTING is from '75 , so it would encompass all titles up to including-1975.

Perhaps one day QQ will have a Japanese collector who can fill in the "blanks".?

Back