Wired by Jeff Beck on Hybrid Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe their forthcoming release of Jeff Beck's Wired could get a similar makeover? A long shot, I know.....but it would be awesome!

"Wired" is still showing up as a stereo-only SACD release, not to mention that I think I remember Brian Moura mentioning that the Quad tapes for "Wired" were not in good enough condition anyway, so it's very possible that a Quad SACD release of it could never live up to the quality of "Blow by Blow" and "The Jeff Beck Group".

Really, do we need another Blow By Blow SACD release.........and now, for those who already own it what does AP have to offer as an incentive to top the prior two SACDs?

My opinion: AP has perhaps caught the Audio Fidelity bug and is finally realizing that there's MORE money to be made offering the buyer a choice of RBCD, Stereo and/or Mch.

Question is: Will AP's upcoming release of WIRED come with the 4.0 mix? That I would most certainly be interested in. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/102626/Jeff_Beck-Wired-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

"Wired" is still listed as stereo-only, and I think that's how it's going to stay, because I recall Brian Moura mentioning on here one time that the Quad master tapes for that album are not in good enough shape for remastering and reissue on SACD. (But of course Brian can and should come along and correct the record if I misrepresented what he's said about "Wired".)

"Wired" is still listed as stereo-only, and I think that's how it's going to stay, because I recall Brian Moura mentioning on here one time that the Quad master tapes for that album are not in good enough shape for remastering and reissue on SACD. (But of course Brian can and should come along and correct the record if I misrepresented what he's said about "Wired".)

Sadly, RT, I believe you're right. AF did try to procure the QUAD masters for WIRED and they were not in the best of shape. I wonder if baking them would help?

I recieved the new AP Jeff Beck Wired Stereo Only SACD. Looking forward to it. I think I have about 3 versions of Wired. I decided to not purchase the AP multichannel Blow By Blow as i have the mch Japanese version released earlier in the 7" X 7" jacket. If somebody has both and tells me there is a huge difference for the better with the AP then I might consider but the Japanese is a top 5 reference disc so hard for me to believe the ap would be that much better. Anyway, lets listen to the stereo SACD wired, first. Will Jon put up a poll for Wired?

I recieved the new AP Jeff Beck Wired Stereo Only SACD. Looking forward to it. I think I have about 3 versions of Wired. I decided to not purchase the AP multichannel Blow By Blow as i have the mch Japanese version released earlier in the 7" X 7" jacket. If somebody has both and tells me there is a huge difference for the better with the AP then I might consider but the Japanese is a top 5 reference disc so hard for me to believe the ap would be that much better. Anyway, lets listen to the stereo SACD wired, first. Will Jon put up a poll for Wired?
I've never seen a poll on here for a 2-channel product.

Not to date. But the Wired Hybrid Stereo SACD could certainly be discussed in the Stereo SACD Forum.

Did anybody here receive the Wired SACD yet?
Adam, I have it and listened to it two times, stereo only, but you know that. Sounds great, I always like AP discs they never come with problems. This disc is about the music for me. Blow By Blow and Wired are of the same time. My go to would be BBB, except Led Boots on Wired is pretty cool. Having all of Becks catalog, Wired, no matter how great it sounds is not my first pick. If I feel like listening to that time of Beck, I seem to always pick up BBB. All this said the AP stereo SACD of Wired sounds best I have, and I have RBCD, BSCD 2, and SHM CD, so of the 4 versions I have the AP SACD is best. So sad not MCH, AP would have done a great job, no doubt.

Back