Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Barclay James Harvest

Quote Originally Posted by chaz25 View Post
    The 5.1 mix on Octoberon is way out of balance with respect to the center channel vocals. Who mixed this travesty. If you want to hear the music nice and loud the center channel vocals are unbearably loud. If you listen at a lower volume the instumentation in all the other channels is way to low. This does not happen on any other 5.1 disc I own. For this reason alone the multi channel mix is a fail for me. The mix and fidelity is great as long as no one is singing from the center channel. I shouldn't have to fiddle with my center channel volume just for one disc.
    I've been playing all the 'Harvest' remasters, including Octoberon, in four channel.....No center. I'm using four full range speakers with 2 giant subs and ALL sound amazing. You might want to try disengaging the center and utilizing the right/left fronts to produce a phantom center.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4-earredwonder View Post
    I've been playing all the 'Harvest' remasters, including Octoberon, in four channel.....No center. I'm using four full range speakers with 2 giant subs and ALL sound amazing. You might want to try disengaging the center and utilizing the right/left fronts to produce a phantom center.
    That probably isn't a bad idea...
    I've never done such, but you've got me curious. I wouldn't have a clue how to "quickly and easily" shut down the center.

3. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star skherbeck's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entrySocial1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    That probably isn't a bad idea...
    I've never done such, but you've got me curious. I wouldn't have a clue how to "quickly and easily" shut down the center.
    The problem I noticed with shutting down the center channel is that there is also a lot of bass mixed into that channel... what I did to compensate is to create an "enhanced" LFE channel ( I use Audacity for this kind of thing)
    "One Quad to rule them all, One Quad to find them; One Quad to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
    "The Quad is what gives a Sound System its power. It's a sound field created by four pulsing speakers that surrounds us and penetrates us."

5. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567