Barclay James Harvest (3 CD +1 5.1 DVD Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9677web_zpsvooiaaml.jpg

Got my copy today, very nice surround and fidelty.

Is the 5.1 mix comparable to Everyone Is Everybody Else or even more discreet?

A quick comparison makes me think Gone to Earth has a better surround mix. It has more layers that are used towards the rears. It has better fidelty than Everyone - drums, bass and clarity are improved.

My copy of "Gone to Earth" just arrived today from Burning Shed (which means that "Radical Action…" must not be far behind!)
On Track 1, and it definitely appears like a better release in all regards (music, surround mix, and fidelity) as compared to "Everyone is Everybody Else."

However, this whole labeling DVD-V discs as DVD-A discs need to stop, now!
I'm getting really tired of this shit… (n) :( :violin :mad: :confused:

IMG_5214.jpg

Gave Gone to Earth a listen (the DTS 96 5.1 through Smyth Realiser). Very clean, well defined, and spacious. I thought that the high end seemed sort of thin, but I had been listening to some higher res DVD-Audio just before, which probably spoiled me!

I had not listened to this since it was first released on vinyl, so it was very interesting! The original Side One is pretty solid, but on the second side I think things get a little weak, and this was not one of their best, IMHO. While it has not all aged well, and they certainly sometimes sounded like they were trying to sound like other bands, they were/are unique and have a sort of...innocence?...that can be pretty rewarding.

I would like to see the deluxe treatment given to their Time Honored Ghosts and Octoberon...

Just a heads up that the release date for "XII" has been postponed from tomorrow (October 28th) to Friday, November 11th.

Just a heads up that the release date for "XII" has been postponed from tomorrow (October 28th) to Friday, November 11th.

Another nice surprise as I see I ordered this one too from Burning Shed. So I will then have 3 Barclay James Harvest titles. And to think I'd never even heard of them.... :mad:@:

Amazon.com shows XII release date (November 4, 2016) but Usually ships within 1 to 2 months, so it is narrowed down to...sometime in the future? Maybe? This is the last pre-order I have for 2016, finally got the UK boxset, Stand Up and Tales of Mystery and Imagination is on it's way (granted this is minus Floyd, Gong and Temple of the Dog which I just couldn't financial justify but really wanted, hopefully I can pick them up in 2017) so looking forward to what 2017 has in store for us, if it is even half as good as 2016 I will be vary happy!

Seriously, what is going on with the release of "XII"?
Burning Shed now say that the release date has been pushed back (yet again) to January 16th, 2017.
Now truth be told, I don't really care about this release, but it does look very amateurish to have the release date pushed back this many times...

Seriously, what is going on with the release of "XII"?
Burning Shed now say that the release date has been pushed back (yet again) to January 16th, 2017.
Now truth be told, I don't really care about this release, but it does look very amateurish to have the release date pushed back this many times...

Sure it would be nice to know exactly why it keeps being delayed, but you don't want it to be released until they've got it right, now do you?

February 3rd now according to Amazon, have had more date changes on this release than all others put together:(

February 3rd now according to Amazon, have had more date changes on this release than all others put together:(

Wow, crazy. The latest email I had received from Burning Shed said Jan 16th. I guess I should be expecting an email from them shortly with another delay. :violin

Gotta love Burning Shed and their honesty. Here's the latest update from them on "XII":

We are sorry for the ongoing delay with this title.

Due to mastering issues the label still don’t have a definite release date, so it’s going to keep going back a while longer, sorry.

As soon as we have any definite news we will let you know.

Back