Justin Hayward/John Lodge Blue Jays LP matrix playback

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As per some confunction in AUDIO magazine, Is it quad encoded??

via Fred De Van 's review.

Album wa mixed in quad......sounds great in matrix SQ. and. QS, but little differences in various encodes are present.

From AUDIO NOV 75

The review, in matrix quad (they monitored many discs at this time in quad matrix, both QS and SQ)

1458871425838.jpg1458871396079.jpg1458871365818.jpg1458871322036.jpg

I think we went through this a few times in the past, both with "Bluejays" and "From Mighty Oaks". Both had quad mixes created, but they were not encoded LPs, despite years of debate.

The Bluejays, of course, was release on Q4 (twice) and Q8, and if you listen to the interview promotional LP for that album you can hear Justin Hayward talk about listening to the quad playback (I seem to recall posting that bit of the interview here a few years ago) of the mix in the studio. And "From Mighty Oaks", which actually was listed in Schwann and a few other places as being a QS disc was in fact not a QS disc. The original quad mix was released finally in 2010 or so when there was a limited edition of the disc created in England and the quad mix was included on a DVD-V.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13515

When it comes to this disc I would probably have to state as AUDIO does in their review.

Recommended for playback with either QS or SQ decoder.(a stereo disc-likely).

If the Quad tapes of Bluejays still exist I wonder if Esoteric will get to release it, as they did "From Mighty Oaks"?

I think we went through this a few times in the past, both with "Bluejays" and "From Mighty Oaks". Both had quad mixes created, but they were not encoded LPs, despite years of debate.

The Bluejays, of course, was release on Q4 (twice) and Q8, and if you listen to the interview promotional LP for that album you can hear Justin Hayward talk about listening to the quad playback (I seem to recall posting that bit of the interview here a few years ago) of the mix in the studio. And "From Mighty Oaks", which actually was listed in Schwann and a few other places as being a QS disc was in fact not a QS disc. The original quad mix was released finally in 2010 or so when there was a limited edition of the disc created in England and the quad mix was included on a DVD-V.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13515

If the Quad tapes of Bluejays still exist I wonder if Esoteric will get to release it, as they did "From Mighty Oaks"?

That is up to Justin and John, not sure if this on any agenda, but i doubt it. Justin is doing lots of solo touring gigs all summer and fall, and they are working on doing Days of Future Passed next year in it's entirety on stage, maybe with Ray and Mike participating.

I could be wrong, but I think Brian said that Audio Fidelity was looking into "Blue Jays" at some point, but I'm not sure if it's still a considered title. (Probably not is my hunch, but I would love nothing more if either they could reissue it on SACD or Esoteric could reissue it on DVDA. It really would be a dream come true!) :)

Back