Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else order this from Amazon UK? My status has said "shipping today" since Thursday yet there's been no confirmation of them shipping the package. They did the pre-authorization thing on my credit card last week, but they haven't actually charged my card yet. They are showing they have copies in stock. Strange.....

Yes I got mine from Amazon UK and it came like the next day or something, via courier, even though I did the free shipping option, which is pretty amazing really.. I wonder what the hold up is with your order..? :(

Same here!

hmm.. I haven't checked to see if there were any CDs or the LP missing or anything daft like that, I just dove straight into the DVD for the 5.1 (of course! as you all do! :eek: ) so maybe there is some tiny slim chance of a recall or problem with it, seems unlikely though or the SHF crowd would have been all over that like a rash wouldn't they.. kinda weird.. have you contacted them to see what's what's what what, Kap..?

Himey sorry for the delayed response to your question regarding a comparison to Tusk. I haven't listened to the remixed Tusk in a while but here goes. On Tusk the cymbal work has the digital crunch. I was surprised to learn from someone perhaps on another forum that the drums were recorded digitally while all else was analog. The fact that it backs up what I heard naturally makes me suspicious since I often doubt my ability to tell the difference between an dsd and MP3. As has already been mentioned Mirage seems a little brighter and I think it is. I also think it was deliberate because some things were not brighter, for example "Love in Store" has some Stevie Nicks background singing that just wasn't given the eq tweak and it almost gets a little lost. Maybe someone forgot to apply it during the remix process? I don't know. My sense is that this is a little better mix than Tusk, but I have to be honest that I think more of this album artistically than Tusk and that may be skewing my opinion.

Someone has marked the set down in a review on amazon UK for having an audio DVD :(

..and now your resident top hatted big mouth has chipped in.. :eek:

(Shameless QQ plug.. :eek: ) I did want to go a bit further.. but mindful of my brother recently getting banned for comments on there.. I know, banned from Amazon right..!? I couldn't believe it.. you'd think they'd give you a ticking off maybe and want to keep you there seeing as you're a paying customer and all.. I wouldn't be so sheepish if it wasn't for the fact that he hadn't said anything outrageous just spoke the truth about one too many shoddy products they were flogging.. and I don't want to piss them off because I need Amazon since I can pre-order things and not pay upfront for them sometimes months in advance! ah well.. such strange times we are living in.. :eek:

Good to see some familiar names countering such comments..! :upthumb

And I wonder which comments the label marketing types will latch onto (I have a horrible feeling I know) - me I watch a music video once, maybe twice, then I'll just listen to the music with the bl**dy TV switched off!

Anyone else order this from Amazon UK? My status has said "shipping today" since Thursday yet there's been no confirmation of them shipping the package. They did the pre-authorization thing on my credit card last week, but they haven't actually charged my card yet. They are showing they have copies in stock. Strange.....

Yes Snood bought from Amazon UK and it is supposed to be delivered today by UPS :banana:

So ya might want to get in contact with them

I am having the same issue. Customer service is sympathetic but otherwise useless

I got the below email on the 23rd:

Dispatch Confirmation
Order #203-8019613-xxxxxxx
Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Arriving:
Friday, October 7
Track your package Your order was sent to:

ME

Your item(s) is (are) being sent by IPARCEL_EU. Your tracking number is AEIGLA100000XXXXXX. Depending on the delivery method you chose, it's possible that the tracking information might not be visible immediately. Learn more about Tracking.

If you have a mobile device, you can use the free Amazon Mobile App to receive delivery notifications and track your parcel on the go.
Delivery Information

Mirage (Deluxe) [VINYL]
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£35.31
Item Subtotal: £35.31
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total: £38.39
Paid by Visa: £38.39

My email dated Thursday September 22 said, arriving Tuesday, September 27, however it showed up on the front porch today.

mine arrived this morning to Cincinnati OHIO. My price with shipping was $38.93 in UK Pounds. BTW - THE DVD AUDIO IS AWESOME.

I TOO BOUGHT THIS FOR THE SURROUND SOUND. I have the other Fleetwood Mac in surround sound and I'll buy the next one that has surround sound. My best friend who is a luddite , get the vinyl as a gift from me.

Got the package from Amazon US yesterday, have listened to bits & pieces.

First, does anyone know who did the 5.1 mix? Was it Ken Caillat? I can't find a single liner note or credit in the package. Plenty of track listings though!

Second, does anyone think the tempo of the DTS 5.1 "Hold Me" is a few bpm slower than the stereo mix?
Even the 96/24 stereo on the same DVD is the correct (faster) tempo. I'm pretty disappointed, because the slowdown really seems to sap some energy out of the song. I've listened to the original mix a lot, and noticed the slowdown halfway through my first listen of the 5.1.
I'm guessing it happened in the multitrack tape->digital transfer, but I'm surprised nobody caught it.

Its tucked away in the back of the liner notes..

5.1 Mix by Ken Caillat and Marc Daniel Nelson at Sleeping Giant Studios, West Los Angeles, CA
5.1 and High Resolution Stereo Mastering & Authoring by Craig Anderson at Craigman Digital

Its tucked away in the back of the liner notes..

5.1 Mix by Ken Caillat and Marc Daniel Nelson at Sleeping Giant Studios, West Los Angeles, CA
5.1 and High Resolution Stereo Mastering & Authoring by Craig Anderson at Craigman Digital

This is what puzzles me the same Craig Anderson has done many of the Dvd Audio's we have in our collections and why wouldn't he do it as a Dvd Audio now, I just don't get it?

Listening now to this 5.1 DTS 96/24 disc. Really good surround mix, lots of little fun nuances. Not bright, a little muffled, not the right word but all I could think of, like Ringo's drum sound if you know what I mean ? Listening at 60db's and higher seems not right. All my amplifiers are putting out equally so a very balanced disc. This my first listen and seems like every track has a different sonic component, sound, volume. I would expect this more on a greatest hits. Is it a reference disc, definitely not. Purchased via Amazon UK and I got a good price. Looking forward to playing the 3 RBCD discs in the car.

This is what puzzles me the same Craig Anderson has done many of the Dvd Audio's we have in our collections and why wouldn't he do it as a Dvd Audio now, I just don't get it?

It's either one of two reasons:

1) He gave up the ability to author DVDA-V discs after 2012 (which is the last time I saw him credited for authoring a DVDA-V)
2) The label (and those specifically in charge of this release) gave him strict instructions to author just a DVD-V

Either way, I don't have this release yet, but this is yet another example of a release that could have been much better if more was included and at the best possible quality.

Back