Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100 for Tusk, a double album. What's the chances of $50 for Mirage, a single album? Not much I guess.

I bought Tusk, but I don't think I'll get this one if it's priced similar to Tusk. I never even played any of the CDs. Just the DVD in 5.1.

Ditto, Homer. They give us a LOSSY DTS 5.1 disc in a box for a premium and then down the road release it as a hi res 96/24 5.1 download for $25.

Wow, best news in a while for me!!! My favorite Fleetwood Mac album. It might not be their best, but one of the very first albums I ever bought, on cassette, played it to death, then one of the very first CDs I bought also. Know every song, and to me has the best Lindsey songs, still quirky, but accessible. So stoked. We know the white album is already mixed, so just Tango and it'll be all the FM albums I need in surround. It's too bad Christine's' Got A Hold On Me and Love Will Show Us How weren't on an FM album. Anyways this is great.

$100 for Tusk, a double album. What's the chances of $50 for Mirage, a single album? Not much I guess.

I bought Tusk, but I don't think I'll get this one if it's priced similar to Tusk. I never even played any of the CDs. Just the DVD in 5.1.

"Mirage" might be a little cheaper with just one vinyl album to deal with instead of two, but it also depends on how many optical discs they manage to fit in there too. It's probably not going to be cheap by any means, but maybe the price on "Mirage" will be closer to the box set of "Rumours" from a few years ago. We'll see...

my FAVORITE EVER Christine Perfect song is on this...and I played it EVERY CHANCE I GOT when I was a DJ in WRPC-FM from 84-86....

"Hold Me"

....I had to buy this on LP a few years ago...a very good sounding SPANISH Pressing (from US stampers, so , basically a US pressing...)

Now this is some amazing news! More Fleetwood Mac in Surround? Love it! I really hope they do "Tango in the Night" next, a lot of early childhood memories connected to the singles from that one.

...a very good sounding SPANISH Pressing (from US stampers, so , basically a US pressing...)

My UK copy is also pressed is also from a US cut. (As was the copy before that one was one of remarkably few offspring/record incidents.)

This is awesome news if true! I LOVE the "Tusk" box set and have been waiting for a reissue of "Mirage" with all the b-sides and bonus tracks for years! Hope it includes all of those! To get all that AND a 5.1 would be killer!

Ken Caillat is now reporting on Twitter that the "Mirage" box set will be released in June!

His tweet:
Fleetwood Mac's Mirage Deluxe box set released In June with my new 5.1 surround sound mix!! It sounds fantastic!!

:) :banana:

Ken Caillat is now reporting on Twitter that the "Mirage" box set will be released in June!

His tweet:

:) :banana:

Must up the :banana: quotient

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:mad:@:

What is rather amazing to me, is Warner/Rhino have suddenly pulled their finger out with surround and are not dragging their heels.. yes these releases must have been in the planning for a while but I do feel Audio Fidelity must have prompted Warner into action somewhat when they raided their vault for Quads and 5.1's and demonstrated there really IS a market by virtue of the AF product selling.. No wonder Warner suddenly withdrew access to AF of their Surround catalogue... ;)

Wow! June's going to be an expensive month! But I love it....

My thoughts exactly! Depending on how my money situation is at the time, I may have to delay buying the "Pet Sounds" set for now in order to save up more resources for "Mirage" and especially for the Chicago Quadio set.

My thoughts exactly! Depending on how my money situation is at the time, I may have to delay buying the "Pet Sounds" set for now in order to save up more resources for "Mirage" and especially for the Chicago Quadio set.

Wow, so you're getting Pet Sounds huh? As much of a fan as I am - I haven't committed....I have so many versions. ;)

Wow, so you're getting Pet Sounds huh? As much of a fan as I am - I haven't committed....I have so many versions. ;)

I have only had the DVDA version, plus the bonus CDs look fantastic, so it's on the list, but it may have to wait so I can concentrate on getting the more important releases first. :)

Back