Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get Tusk because it's not high on my FM list but this will be a day 1 purchase. I'll buy it for Hold Me alone which is my favorite FM song.

With this coming so soon after the release of Tusk it makes me think that 5.1 mixes of Tango in the Night and Fleetwood Mac could very well be coming soon. It would be great to see the Mac adopt a Jethro Tull style release schedule!

I would really love to see some of Lindsey's solo stuff in surround as well. Go Insane could be.....umm.....INSANE in surround! That album has tons of potential. Out of the Cradle is a good contender as well.

It's official! According to amazon.co.uk, the deluxe box set of "Mirage" will be released on July 29th!
Hopefully this one will be a little easier on the wallets than "Tusk" was as it only has 3 CDs (as compared to 5 in the "Tusk" set) and 1 vinyl (as compared to Tusk's 2 vinyls) plus of course the DVD with the 5.1 mix and remastered stereo mix.
Here are the track listings for the 2 bonus CDs:

Disc: 2
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma's Walk aka Can't Go Back (Outtake)
3. That's Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

Disc: 3
1. The Chain (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
2. Gypsy (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
3. Love In Store (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982
4. Not That Funny (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
5. You Make Loving Fun (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
6. I'm So Afraid (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
7. Blue Letter (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
8. Rhiannon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
9. Tusk (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
10. Eyes of the World (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
11. Go Your Own Way (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
12. Sisters of the Moon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
13. Songbird (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)

:)

Well, of course I'm psyched for the 5.1 mix and CD #2 looks very interesting. CD #3 however is a disappointment. This appears to just be the soundtrack to the old home video from the tour. The same performances were used for a widely bootlegged Westwood One radio broadcast, so this live disc is nothing new. I'm usually happy to get live material but wish they could have found performances from elsewhere on the tour. Also very disappointed about the lack of any video. The home video I just mentioned has never had an official DVD or Blu-ray release. Also, they made two classic music videos for this album ("Hold Me" and "Gypsy.") Both were staples of early MTV. The "Gypsy" video is particularly memorable as it was one of the first ever big-budget music videos. At the time, it looked amazing as very few other acts were putting that much detail into their videos. Regardless, this will be an essential purchase.

....Also very disappointed about the lack of any video. The home video I just mentioned has never had an official DVD or Blu-ray release. Also, they made two classic music videos for this album ("Hold Me" and "Gypsy.") Both were staples of early MTV. The "Gypsy" video is particularly memorable as it was one of the first ever big-budget music videos. At the time, it looked amazing as very few other acts were putting that much detail into their videos. Regardless, this will be an essential purchase.

True...the "Mirage" Laserdisc/Video would have been a great bonus...along with the 2 videoclips..I don't remember the "Gypsy" video....

True...the "Mirage" Laserdisc/Video would have been a great bonus...along with the 2 videoclips..I don't remember the "Gypsy" video....

Here it is:
[video=youtube;Lo6ZryveN1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6ZryveN1s[/video]

It really is quite a good video, although the YouTube audio quality leaves a lot to be desired, of course… :)

It's official! According to amazon.co.uk, the deluxe box set of "Mirage" will be released on July 29th!
Hopefully this one will be a little easier on the wallets than "Tusk" was as it only has 3 CDs (as compared to 5 in the "Tusk" set) and 1 vinyl (as compared to Tusk's 2 vinyls) plus of course the DVD with the 5.1 mix and remastered stereo mix.
Here are the track listings for the 2 bonus CDs:

Disc: 2
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma's Walk aka Can't Go Back (Outtake)
3. That's Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

Disc: 3
1. The Chain (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
2. Gypsy (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
3. Love In Store (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982
4. Not That Funny (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
5. You Make Loving Fun (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
6. I'm So Afraid (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
7. Blue Letter (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
8. Rhiannon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
9. Tusk (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
10. Eyes of the World (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
11. Go Your Own Way (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
12. Sisters of the Moon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
13. Songbird (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)

:)

Hey RT...do you have a link for the amazon listing?

I like the look of CD2, don't want CD3, and don't want the vinyl again. I love vinyl, but this double dipping malarky can be frustrating and expensive.

I like the look of CD2, don't want CD3, and don't want the vinyl again. I love vinyl, but this double dipping malarky can be frustrating and expensive.

I've never quite understood the marketing sense behind these sorts of packages. Seems to me vinyl and 5.1 are two different customers. Making people who want either to buy both is a bit of a stretch.

The ONLY time I've ever sprung for one of those sets was for "Tusk". Because I wanted the 5.1 THAT BAD. But I still haven't played the vinyl and don't know if I ever will. Although the set certainly LOOKS nice. I'll probably spring for this set for the same reason as well. But I won't for too many others. Glad I waited on "Aqualung" to be released in a smaller version.

I also hate it when vinyl is thrown in the same package as CDs, DVDs, and/or Blu-Ray discs.
In the case of "Mirage", a package with all 3 CDs and the DVD would be ideal for me, but alas, that's not what's offered.
I do think it's unrealistic to expect a standalone surround disc for every surround mix, especially if it's on DVD.
Standalone Blu-Rays are one thing, but standalone surround DVDs died out over a decade ago, so no point in requesting that IMHO.

I also hate it when vinyl is thrown in the same package as CDs, DVDs, and/or Blu-Ray discs.
In the case of "Mirage", a package with all 3 CDs and the DVD would be ideal for me, but alas, that's not what's offered.
I do think it's unrealistic to expect a standalone surround disc for every surround mix, especially if it's on DVD.
Standalone Blu-Rays are one thing, but standalone surround DVDs died out over a decade ago, so no point in requesting that IMHO.

Not to mention, rt, the DVD is going to be LOSSY DTS.....again!

One could only wish and hope down the road for a proper Rhino/Warner BD~A 5.1 boxset of Fleetwood Mac, probably one of their highest charting acts, in the same vein as the Chicago Quadio boxset.

I can see how they could get away with an elaborate, expensive package for Tusk but not for Mirage. I had heard Gypsy and Hold Me countless times, but I could not tell you from which album those cuts came until I saw this thread was started. The self-titled album with Rhiannon et al would have made more sense. No?

I can see how they could get away with an elaborate, expensive package for Tusk but not for Mirage. I had heard Gypsy and Hold Me countless times, but I could not tell you from which album those cuts came until I saw this thread was started. The self-titled album with Rhiannon et al would have made more sense. No?

Yes and no. The S/T album is a bigger seller and more popular with the classic rock crowd. OTHO, "Mirage" is a masterfully recorded album much better suited for a surround treatment and one that has not yet received a proper reissue with bonus tracks, etc.

I'll be all over the S/T album when and if they remix it to surround. But, I'm just as, if not more, excited to see "Mirage"

Especially to hear "Gypsy", which I think is underrated masterpiece in terms of mixing (the whole album is really). I've always loved this album with headphones. 5.1 is going to be fantastic. "Fleetwood Mac" will be great too. But really, it's a much more standard rock album from a mix standpoint.

Agree and also Tango In The Night.

Release them as stand alone BD~As in 5.1 and watch the CASH pour in!

The S/T is already mixed, and ready to go...it was done with Rumours and Tusk. Mystery why this is coming first, but it is encouraging to see they are paying for NEW 5.1 mixes. I want them both and Tango!

Back