Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that Mirage has an MSRP that is $20 less than the Tusk box. So I am betting once all the other stores have it listed, someone will have a reasonably priced option. Importcds.com sells the Tusk box for $78 so I wouldn't be surprised if their price ends up being in the low 60's.

Ok, so I listened to "Mirage" in full tonight (in stereo, obviously) for the first time ever, and before listening, I was convinced that it wasn't going to be as good as the other classic FM albums ("Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours", "Tusk" and "Tango in the Night") but it actually was much better than I thought it would be.

One song that I had forgotten about was the Lindsey Buckingham song "Eyes of the World". I had first heard it on the 2003 "Say You Will" tour (and the subsequent "Live in Boston" DVD/CD release) and that's still the best version of it IMHO. It RAWKS!

Observe:
[video=youtube;7TV6BEwJEKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TV6BEwJEKI[/video]

Ok, so I listened to "Mirage" in full tonight (in stereo, obviously) for the first time ever, and before listening, I was convinced that it wasn't going to be as good as the other classic FM albums ("Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours", "Tusk" and "Tango in the Night") but it actually was much better than I thought it would be.

One song that I had forgotten about was the Lindsey Buckingham song "Eyes of the World". I had first heard it on the 2003 "Say You Will" tour (and the subsequent "Live in Boston" DVD/CD release) and that's still the best version of it IMHO. It RAWKS!

Yep Quirky Great Fleetwood/Lindsey Album - Glad Ya liked it. :banana:

Book of Love is Snood fave song on there..........but so many great ones :mad:@:

[video=youtube;aM2CJHAuz5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM2CJHAuz5k[/video]

Somehow Lindsey's songs are quirky, but more accessible on Mirage to me. Eyes of the World, Book of Love, and Oh, Diane are great songs. I just don't dig his stuff on Tusk as much, not sure why, I've tried.

I love Oh, Diane. It was a single over in the UK, but not in the US? I also really, really like Christine's Wish You Were Here.

I think it is the weaker album of the 1975-1987 period but I like it anyway!
I would love all of them to get a 5.1 mix.

Somewhat interesting tidbit: the stereo master is at least partly digital with a 48kHz sample rate. I'm not sure if the recording is entirely digital or not. Digital multis may prove to be more difficult to work with in case of a remix.

Paul Sinclair finally mentions it HERE

Good catch, a lot of interesting comments, too. I think the DVD listing is just the surround, and then stereo tracks, but the list got truncated somehow. It is too bad not all versions of Gypsy, the music videos, the live concert video aren't included. It seems like these releases should be the kitchen sink kind of thing. They always seem to leave out some important pieces. Probably saved for the ultimate super deluxe in 5-10 years.

I just preordered the Super Deluxe set from amazon.co.uk
35.33 in pounds converts to $50.92
For that price, I'll take it!

:) :banana:

Back