Audio Techinca phono cartridges

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huggy

I hope I am posting this in the right thread so my question, I bought an older audio techinca phono cartridge the AT 14SA on ebay paid $40.00 dollars just for the cartridge but the stylus is broken I would like to get the genuine replacement for

it with the original

shabata tip to play my old QS and SQ martix records, so I just bought as well the stylus replacement for another AT phono cartridge the AT 13EA. so my question will that stylus from the AT 13EA which is orange, will the 13EA stylus fit the

AT 14SA or not. which is burgendy because I really can't afford to buy another replacement as they are all over $200.00 as I said I am just going to play regular 2 channel stereo and QS and SQ matrix on my Sansui OXR -3000 and not the CD

4 Disc from RCA that I bought

for $150.00 dollars.

thanks
huggy

Yes, the stylus for the AT13EA (eliptical tip) will fit on the AT14SA cartridge. This is fine for playing SQ and QS records.

vinylguy4

thank you vinyl guy but it will not track the CD-4 quad records from RCA right or will it, i noticed on my Sansui QRX -3000 it has the setting for discrete so to play the CD 4 will it decode right and on the Sansui I would set it on phase matrix to decode the

SQ matrix yes it will or no. again thank you for the info as I never had a Sansui quad reciever before.

thanks huggy

The stylus for the AT13EA will not be able to properly track a CD-4 record.
And if I remember correctly (I could be wrong about this) the Sansui QRX-3000 does not have a built in CD-4 demodulator. So you would need and external CD-4 demodulator and plug
that into for 4 channel discrete imputs on the Sansui.

vinylguy4

Back