Steven Wilson remixing Chicago II into 5.1 Surround...??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crossing my fingers for no mastering on this one... Rhino does not have a good track record with the Chicago catalog as far as mastering is concerned.

BTW, Steve Woolard just confirmed on IMWAN that yes, the stereo remix will be available to download from high-res download sites when the CD is released. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MRRLPWF/

Well, here's a preorder for "Chicago II" that clear says "Steven Wilson Remix" by it.
Doesn't say anything about surround sound though…

Need a bit of help here, i can still only find a regular cd for the steve wilson remix. Steve is a 5.1 mix god, please tell me they released a 5.1 mix of Chicago II as i cant see it, is it hidden on the Quadio box?

Need a bit of help here, i can still only find a regular cd for the steve wilson remix. Steve is a 5.1 mix god, please tell me they released a 5.1 mix of Chicago II as i cant see it, is it hidden on the Quadio box?
Unfortunately, no. This was a rare instance where he was only hired to remix in stereo. There is an existing 5.1 mix of Chicago that was released on standalone DVD-A, but it is long out-of-print.

where's a forehead slapping emoticon when i need one

I'm sure a Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of "Chicago (II)" would be better than the old DVD-A/V disc that was released, but I guess the band and Rhino thought that there wasn't any need for a new 5.1 mix when they had just released the Quadio box set.

I'm very happy (if memory serves) with the Quadio Box version of Chicago II in 4.0. In a way, I'm glad SW didn't produce another debit against my bank account with this title!

Ditto, Mike. It was an extraordinary box set and to double dip on an RBCD SW Stereo remix, IMO, was totally unnecessary.

Hope all's going well. Maybe you should compose a piece of music incorporating your experiences in Afghanistan. What is the native music like? Please stay safe.

Ditto, Mike. It was an extraordinary box set and to double dip on an RBCD SW Stereo remix, IMO, was totally unnecessary.

Hope all's going well. Maybe you should compose a piece of music incorporating your experiences in Afghanistan. What is the native music like? Please stay safe.

The only "local" music I've heard, so far, is the call to prayer type of moaning/chanting. That stuff drives me nuts. I have heard a bit of music from some of the Georgians and Ugandans I hang around though.
It can be pretty cool. I'd like to study up on traditional music from my native Portugal sometime. Maybe something would come of that. As far as these experiences go, I'm sure some kind of musical expression will come of it.

Back