Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live - Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The album Acoustic Live by Nils Lofgren on Hybrid Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions is now In Stock at Acoustic Sounds.

Acoustic Live SACD.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/108758/Nils_Lofgren-Acoustic_Live-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Recorded originally at 44.1kHz/16-bit
Remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound

Guitarist and singer-songwriter Nils Lofgren in 1997 released a small treasure for longtime fans. Acoustic Live captures Lofgren alone in front of an appreciative audience, knocking out such favorites as "You," "No Mercy" and "Keith Don't Go," plus six new songs. Even with the new songs, there are no real revelations, only a selection of little gems that will put a smile on your face as you listen.

Yes, this is a digital recording. True to our company principles, Analogue Productions in almost all cases reissues recordings only where the analog master tape is available. However, there are rare exceptions that whether digitally recorded or otherwise, a recording is so outstanding it's worthy of the highest quality reissue.

Along with his work as a solo artist, Lofgren has marked more than 25 years as a member of Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band as well as a former member of Crazy Horse and Grin. Lofgren joined Neil Young's band in 1968 at age 17, playing piano on the album After the Gold Rush. Lofgren would maintain a close musical relationship with Young, appearing on his Tonight's the Night album and tour among others. He was also briefly a member of Crazy Horse, appearing on their 1971 LP and contributing songs to their catalogue. From '71 to '74 Lofgren was active in Grin, the band he founded in '69. Solo albums and tours followed every year through the 1970s as Lofgren established himself as a top guitarist and live performer earning the respect and acclaim of his peers. Bruce Springsteen made the call in 1984 and Lofgren joined the E-Street Band for the Born in the USA tour. Lofgren was an instant hit with Springsteens fans through his playing and vibrant on stage persona. Lofgren remains a stalwart of the E-Street Band to the present day.

"Acoustic Live is an interesting and charming album from Nils Lofgren in 1997 as he follow on in the Unplugged tradition that became popular in the 1990s. It was actually recorded at The Barns Of Wolftrap, Vienna in Virginia on January 18th, 1997." — bestlivealbums.com

I'm so glad you opened a dedicated thread for this release...I had mentioned it on the All About Music thread....can you explain with more detail what is being done on this release on the technical side...since this doesn't involve an analog master tape...I've got no problem with this but would like to know more about Ryan Smith's approach in the remastering stage

Just wanted to add my delight in this SACD stereo release. I have had this disc for awhile but probably last I listened was about a year ago. After yesterdays NFL play offs I needed something to calm me down and I picked this disc. All I can say it sounds so incredibly good I loved it from beginning to end and it was just what I needed.
Really a great, great, sounding disc and the lyrics, guitar, and piano of Nils and his band is fantastic. I won't wait a year to listen again.

Just wanted to add my delight in this SACD stereo release. I have had this disc for awhile but probably last I listened was about a year ago. After yesterdays NFL play offs I needed something to calm me down and I picked this disc. All I can say it sounds so incredibly good I loved it from beginning to end and it was just what I needed.
Really a great, great, sounding disc and the lyrics, guitar, and piano of Nils and his band is fantastic. I won't wait a year to listen again.

Nice! The single best sounding live performance SACD I’ve ever heard.

Back