Ghost Community "Cycle of Life" New 5.1 FLAC download incoming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.. I wonder what's up?

Meantime, just out of courtesy and good public relations, how long does it take to do a mailshot to all buyers of the 5.1 saying "sorry for the delay, folks.. it'll be right with you soon as poss" or something like that..?

I dunno.. feeling a bit fed up today.. don't mean to get personal with these Ghost Community guys, who may have some problem on their hands and are working hard to resolve it.. I just feel we live in such a communication rich era, yet communication breaks down as much as it ever did, if not more so - you could forgive the message sometimes getting lost in the smoke signals, the chinese whispers, the carrier pigeons of days gone by but now we're all so "connected", it just seems kinda needless, you know? Harrumph! :p

Good point Adam. I ordered the hd stereo as well, no download either. and no explanation. Seems a bit weird anyway to not have the files ready. Every thing is mixed and even sent to the factories to make cds. Flac downloads cut out a lot of extra time, therefore a delay seems strange. Maybe they have a good reason for the delay.

Good point Adam. I ordered the hd stereo as well, no download either. and no explanation. Seems a bit weird anyway to not have the files ready. Every thing is mixed and even sent to the factories to make cds. Flac downloads cut out a lot of extra time, therefore a delay seems strange. Maybe they have a good reason for the delay.

Maybe they're gonna surprise us and send them all out to us as DVD-A...
(I'd prefer that to a download, dontchya know.. ;) )

Listening to the Flac 5.1 now.I really like it both musically and mix wise:phones Long tracks,i'm on track 6 of 6 and it is 15min long,the other is about 7 min long.Reminds me a liitle of Dream Theater and old Uriah Heep,will be played regulary here:music

Listening to the Flac 5.1 now.I really like it both musically and mix wise:phones Long tracks,i'm on track 6 of 6 and it is 15min long,the other is about 7 min long.Reminds me a liitle of Dream Theater and old Uriah Heep,will be played regulary here:music

I thought is has shades of Styx in places and a friend of mine said "Iron Maiden" so it's obviously covering quite a wide range of appeal!

The lead singer sounds like Bruce Dickinson! That must be why some folk think they're like Iron Maiden?

Just getting it into it now (will need to reprise at a later date.. tired and a bit tipsy.. but so far so good!

I just bought the 5.1 flac download :banana:

Bravo! Ain't it great value!? I mean.. What does a fiver get you nowadays?
It used to be 50p for a feel and a penny a chew.. ah the good old bad old good old days!

"Can it be that it was all so simple then,
Or has time rewritten every line..?"

Bravo! Ain't it great value!? I mean.. What does a fiver get you nowadays?
It used to be 50p for a feel and a penny a chew.. ah the good old bad old good old days!

"Can it be that it was all so simple then,
Or has time rewritten every line..?"

It is, and it's a good mix as well, a bit bass shy maybe but I played it at (too) low volume so that might change if I cranck it up. I'm happy with it :banana:.

I think it sounds wonderful. I didn't necessarily notice it being bass shy.....of course, I have my 15" Rythmik running a little "hot"...just the way I like it. :)

Back