Hong Kong Universal Music readying new Anne Murray & Various Artists SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be more interested in the second SACD. Have a link for that?

QUOTE=soundboy;291023]Lets see if this works....

https://www.facebook.com/WinglokMusic/posts/1088017947927202:0[/QUOTE]

Many thanks, soundboy, for continuing to update us on these wonderful SACDs coming from Hong Kong. I love the compilation discs and this is another one I'll add to my collection which contains some very choice Motown hits. I also have Enigma and The Best of Ennio Morricone on order and just received the wonderful Jennifer Warnes The Hunter SACD (produced by Elliot Scheiner). Am also enjoying the Santana disc. All in all, the quality of these SACDs is consistently excellent and price~wise on par with American reissue companies Analogue Productions, AF and MoFi.

Last edited:
Am also enjoying the Santana disc. All in all, the quality of these SACDs is consistently excellent and price~wise on par with American reissue companies Analogue Productions, AF and MoFi.

The Best of Santana SACD turned out well. Some of the other SACDs from Hong Kong have been not as impressive sonically here.
Unfortunately the HK discs generally don't provide info on the sources used for the SACD edition. So it can be a bit of a roll of the dice on what you will get.

Much better odds - and sound quality - when you're getting an SACD from the US reissue companies (Analogue, AF and MoFi) in my experience.

The Best of Santana SACD turned out well. Some of the other SACDs from Hong Kong have been not as impressive sonically here.
Unfortunately the HK discs generally don't provide info on the sources used for the SACD edition. So it can be a bit of a roll of the dice on what you will get.

Much better odds - and sound quality - when you're getting an SACD from the US reissue companies (Analogue, AF and MoFi) in my experience.

Brian, as opposed to the older HK reissues [the excremental abridged Belafonte @ Carnegie Hall for instance] which came from questionable sources, I find the new crop, on the whole, pretty exceptional. Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter" is amazing sonically and the compilation discs are, well, compilations and come from different sources so they can be a bit erratic. I am hoping that the Enigma SACD which was one of the first discs to be recorded on a hard drive sounds at least a bit better than the RBCD (which had VG DR scores) and that the Ennio Morricone disc is from credible original analogue sources. Most of them are manufactured in the EU and come nicely packaged in Super Audio CD cases and of course my disc treatments also elevate them to a new level altogether.

Brian, as opposed to the older HK reissues [the excremental abridged Belafonte @ Carnegie Hall for instance] which came from questionable sources, I find the new crop, on the whole, pretty exceptional. Jennifer Warnes "The Hunter" is amazing sonically and the compilation discs are, well, compilations and come from different sources so they can be a bit erratic. I am hoping that the Enigma SACD which was one of the first discs to be recorded on a hard drive sounds at least a bit better than the RBCD (which had VG DR scores) and that the Ennio Morricone disc is from credible original analogue sources. Most of them are manufactured in the EU and come nicely packaged in Super Audio CD cases and of course my disc treatments also elevate them to a new level altogether.

Do you guys know where to preorder for a good price the new Various Artist: Timeless SACD from Hong Kong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Brian, as opposed to the older HK reissues [the excremental abridged Belafonte @ Carnegie Hall for instance] which came from questionable sources, I find the new crop, on the whole, pretty exceptional.

I have the Jennifer Warnes, Diana Krall and some of the other recent HK SACDs.
I wouldn't rate them as high as the recent Analogue, AF and MoFi SACDs. And I wouldn't say they are exceptional at all.

As always, your mileage may vary (YMMV) as they say.

I have the Jennifer Warnes, Diana Krall and some of the other recent HK SACDs.
I wouldn't rate them as high as the recent Analogue, AF and MoFi SACDs. And I wouldn't say they are exceptional at all.

As always, your mileage may vary (YMMV) as they say.

I have these 4 recent released Hong Kong SACD titles,

80's Hits: Limited Edition: SACD / Stereo 2.0 (Sony Music Entertainment (HK))
80's Love: Limited Edition: SACD / Stereo 2.0 (Sony Music Entertainment (HK))
Greatest Rock Ballads: Limited Edition: SACD / Stereo 2.0 (Sony Music Entertainment (HK))
Women's Stories: Limited Edition: SACD / Stereo 2.0 (Sony Music Entertainment (HK))

They all sound amazing.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Do you guys know where to preorder for a good price the new Various Artist: Timeless SACD from Hong Kong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

ElusiveDisc.com has "Timeless" listed as an upcoming title for $40.00, while HK e-tailer has it for under US$33.00.

Btw, ElusiveDisc.com has Don McLean's "American Pie" listed as an upcoming Universal Music SACD release.

ElusiveDisc.com has "Timeless" listed as an upcoming title for $40.00, while HK e-tailer has it for under US$33.00.

Btw, ElusiveDisc.com has Don McLean's "American Pie" listed as an upcoming Universal Music SACD release.

Thank you Soundboy.

Do you have the Enigma: MCMXC a.D. SACD from Hong Kong?

How is the quality of the recording?

Would love to buy this title on SACD if the quality is good.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Wow, Soundboy: American Pie on SACD. I saw Don perform AP LIVE [just Don and his guitar] at a very tiny venue in upstate New York in the early 70's and have always held this classic near and dear. 'Bout Time!

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Don-McLe...id-Stereo-Import-SACD/productinfo/UNISAI8206/

image.jpg Just arrived! :music

I'll come back with first impressions soon. I opened it but haven't listened yet.

Thank you Barbazul.

I'll wait for your impressions.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Well, I'm not an expert with reviews, but I'll do my best =) I'm gladly surprised with this SACD! I have three versions of this album and here is the list in order of "best experience":
1. SACD (hi-res layer)
2. DVD "high-res" PCM stereo 48/16 (It's a version with a pseudo surround sound - not discreet, and videos made for that album)
3. Redbook 1990 CD version

Definitely the SACD version is the best of all. No credits are specified in this edition but the job it's really great here. Feels open, the nuances of the voices (pronunciation) are incredibly clear, Mea Culpa is very enjoyable, the gregorian chants make you feel in the middle of a temple... If you have the CD edition you will hear the difference for sure wich, in my opinion, is not that remarkable between the DVD version and the SACD.

If you're a fan of SACD and Enigma, I would say: grab a copy!

Hope this helps:D

Buy the way, the K2HD CD of Themes sounds awesome! I compared the Audio Fidelity SACD of Blade Runner with the two tracks included here and I can even say that I like more the HK CD version... how come?! :eek:

I'm wondering if a SACD HK version of this album would improve the sound...

Back