Hong Kong Universal Music readying new Anne Murray & Various Artists SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not an expert with reviews, but I'll do my best =) I'm gladly surprised with this SACD! I have three versions of this album and here is the list in order of "best experience":
1. SACD (hi-res layer)
2. DVD "high-res" PCM stereo 48/16 (It's a version with a pseudo surround sound - not discreet, and videos made for that album)
3. Redbook 1990 CD version

Definitely the SACD version is the best of all. No credits are specified in this edition but the job it's really great here. Feels open, the nuances of the voices (pronunciation) are incredibly clear, Mea Culpa is very enjoyable, the gregorian chants make you feel in the middle of a temple... If you have the CD edition you will hear the difference for sure wich, in my opinion, is not that remarkable between the DVD version and the SACD.

If you're a fan of SACD and Enigma, I would say: grab a copy!

Hope this helps:D

Thank you Barbazul

Will order my copy of Enigma SACD together with Timeless: Various Artist SACD

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

If anyone has the Bryan Ferry Ultimate Collection and/or Don McLean's American Pie SACD's I'd be interested in your take.

If anyone has the Bryan Ferry Ultimate Collection and/or Don McLean's American Pie SACD's I'd be interested in your take.

I have both. Both are excellent sounding. Both come with excellent booklets. Both are manufactured in Japan, not Austria... not that it matters much but it's a fun fact.

I have both. Both are excellent sounding. Both come with excellent booklets. Both are manufactured in Japan, not Austria... not that it matters much but it's a fun fact.

FINALLY received confirmation TODAY from ImportCD that my HK Timeless and American Pie SACDs were shipped out today (along with the BD~A Auro 3D of George McCrae's LOVE album). Fingers crossed that the SACD cases aren't cracked (although I do keep replacement SACD cases on hand).

Thank you Barbazul

Will order my copy of Enigma SACD together with Timeless: Various Artist SACD

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More
Hola Sergio,

You won't regret it!

Timeless has some interesting tracks. Come back with any comments when it reaches you :)

All the best.

So the product info says 1,000 yen, which is like $9 and they offer it to us for $30...

Probably a typo, Cboy. Finally received my Timeless and American Pie SACDs from Import CD and NO cracked cases. BTW, Elusive Disc, Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds are charging $40 (List) for these Hong Kong SACDs!

Acoustic Sounds is still listing American Pie as a pre~order so ironically, ImportCD beat them to the punch at a much cheaper price: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/115072/Don_McLean-American_Pie-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Probably a typo, Cboy. Finally received my Timeless and American Pie SACDs from Import CD and NO cracked cases. BTW, Elusive Disc, Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds are charging $40 (List) for these Hong Kong SACDs!

Acoustic Sounds is still listing American Pie as a pre~order so ironically, ImportCD beat them to the punch at a much cheaper price: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/115072/Don_McLean-American_Pie-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Hello 4-earredwonder,

Can you tell me your opinion on the Timeless SACD?

Thank you

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Hello 4-earredwonder,

Can you tell me your opinion on the Timeless SACD?

Thank you

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Sergio, clocking in at a robust 72+ minutes, TIMELESS is timeless! Certainly on par with Universal's Japanese SHM~SACD reissues. I recently purchased the SHM~RBCD of Diana Ross/Marvin Gaye together and "You Are Everything" on this compilation certainly betters the RBCD.

My advice: a No~Brainer purchase. I think you will enjoy it.

Thank you 4-earredwonder

Ordered Timeless: Various Artists SACD a couple a days ago together with Enigma: MCMXC a.D. SACD from importcds.com

Kind Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

HK Universal Music has released another compilation SACD titled "Endless Love".

27819848106_1c0e366ce0.jpg

1. Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
2. Stay Awhile - The Bells
3. The Winner Takes It All - Abba
4. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
5. The Morning After - Maureen McGovern
6. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John
7. Moemnt By Moment - Yvonne Elliman
8. You Needed Me - Anne Murray
9. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
10. Get Here - Oleta Adams
11. Happy Ever After - Julia Fordham
12. You're Still The One - Shania Twain
13. Piano In The Dark - Brenda Russell
14. We've Got Tonight - Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton
15. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
16. Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
17. I Still Believe - Brenda K. Starr
18. Dedicated To The One I Love - The Mamas & The Papas

HK Universal Music has released another compilation SACD titled "Endless Love".

27819848106_1c0e366ce0.jpg

1. Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
2. Stay Awhile - The Bells
3. The Winner Takes It All - Abba
4. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
5. The Morning After - Maureen McGovern
6. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John
7. Moemnt By Moment - Yvonne Elliman
8. You Needed Me - Anne Murray
9. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
10. Get Here - Oleta Adams
11. Happy Ever After - Julia Fordham
12. You're Still The One - Shania Twain
13. Piano In The Dark - Brenda Russell
14. We've Got Tonight - Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton
15. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
16. Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
17. I Still Believe - Brenda K. Starr
18. Dedicated To The One I Love - The Mamas & The Papas

These compilations from Hong Kong certainly offer a "different" combination of styles/genres on these titles...

These compilations from Hong Kong certainly offer a "different" combination of styles/genres on these titles...

EeeK! I...can't...do...Endless...Love!
That was me and my first GF's favorite song.....and well, that relationship didn't end so well. She decided she was more attracted to her girl friend. Yes, even in central IL. :violin

Back