Anthony Phillips "1984" 2CD/DVD Deluxe Edition Coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amongst all the talk of the Chicago set, I should mention that Burning Shed alerted me this morning that they have shipped my copy of "1984", so it should be arriving next week. Looking forward to checking it out! :)

Mine arrived yesterday morning but, as usual, with this flimsy sort of packaging it is now being returned to Amazon UK because everything was severly squashed in transit - the cardboard envelope used providing very little in the way of protection. If I had known the release was going to be in this type of packaging I would have ordered from Burning Shed as the boxes they use for their postal deliveries are a bit more substantial. At least they have my order now but I could have done without the hastle of the return process.

I had my first full listen-through to this album in surround sound this afternoon, and I absolutely loved it! I loved it even more than both "Wise after the Event" and "Sides".
The synthesizer-driven music is such a radical departure from Phillips' first three albums (all also available in 5.1), but this one is so perfect for surround sound, given the incredible electronic and synthetic elements contained in the music.
I wasn't even bothered by the lack of vocals on this album, cause the music resembled a great Vangelis soundtrack from the 80s.
The booklet even contains a brief written forward from none other than the great Steven Wilson, waxing lyrical about his love for this album.
Once a poll is posted, I will likely give this release a well-deserved '9'. I'd definitely recommend checking it out! :)

I had my first full listen-through to this album in surround sound this afternoon, and I absolutely loved it! I loved it even more than both "Wise after the Event" and "Sides".
The synthesizer-driven music is such a radical departure from Phillips' first three albums (all also available in 5.1), but this one is so perfect for surround sound, given the incredible electronic and synthetic elements contained in the music.
I wasn't even bothered by the lack of vocals on this album, cause the music resembled a great Vangelis soundtrack from the 80s.
The booklet even contains a brief written forward from none other than the great Steven Wilson, waxing lyrical about his love for this album.
Once a poll is posted, I will likely give this release a well-deserved '9'. I'd definitely recommend checking it out! :)

Thanks for your hearty recommendation, rt. You had me at "resembled a great Vangelis soundtrack from the 80's." Just placed my order.

Back