Eddie Money's debut album coming June 10th on SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out now.

eddiemoney.jpg

UPDATE: They just added the dreaded "(Not Eligible for Additional Discount)" to this, but I got my order in before that, so I got the discount.

I am listening to this brand new AP SACD Stereo only of Eddie Money and it is absolutely stellar. I was on a house boat on Lake Shasta fishing and doing so much Cocaine back in the day I think I listened to this cassette a 100 times. This SACD is strong and powerful, vocals and music is probably better than Eddie ever heard himself. I am at 78 decibels and it is loud and clear as a bell.

This SACD is strong and powerful, vocals and music is probably better than Eddie ever heard himself. I am at 78 decibels and it is loud and clear as a bell.

Was the same quantity of cocaine involved this time around? ;)

Whenever I see the name Shasta, it makes me dream of drinking their sodas in the 70's, which I never got to do.

[video=youtube;jcYJpjKuQ7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYJpjKuQ7g[/video]

Ah, good commercial, Shasta, is still across the Bay in Oakland, or at lesat there revolving can is. "It Hasta Be Shasta". No, thank God no more Cocaine just 3 Buds and 2 shots of Southern Comfort. Listening now to Santana III, MOFI Hybrid SACD, Stereo, awesome.

I am listening to this brand new AP SACD Stereo only of Eddie Money and it is absolutely stellar. I was on a house boat on Lake Shasta fishing and doing so much Cocaine back in the day I think I listened to this cassette a 100 times. This SACD is strong and powerful, vocals and music is probably better than Eddie ever heard himself. I am at 78 decibels and it is loud and clear as a bell.

Markie McIntosh...........from Coke and Cassettes to Jack, bud light and SACD..........You've come a long way.......baby..........And just like Eddie....you, too, worked hard for the MONEY! Will HAVE to add Eddie's 1st to the top of my must buy list.

Markie McIntosh...........from Coke and Cassettes to Jack, bud light and SACD..........You've come a long way.......baby..........And just like Eddie....you, too, worked hard for the MONEY! Will HAVE to add Eddie's 1st to the top of my must buy list.

Markie McIntosh, I like it. I got a lot of blue meters going now.

I saw Eddie Money open up for Sammy Hagar at the Concord Pavilion in. . . 1978 I believe. That was a killer show. He played all the songs from this debut album. Also saw Eddie Money again at one of those "Day on the Green" concerts at the Oakland Coliseum on July 26, 1978. That show also had Peter Tosh and Santana as support for The Rolling Stones on the "Some Girls" tour.

Edit: I just remember the record having a great sound and the songs also had a nice vibe to them.

I saw Eddie Money open up for Sammy Hagar at the Concord Pavilion in. . . 1978 I believe. That was a killer show. He played all the songs from this debut album. Also saw Eddie Money again at one of those "Day on the Green" concerts at the Oakland Coliseum on July 26, 1978. That show also had Peter Tosh and Santana as support for The Rolling Stones on the "Some Girls" tour.

Edit: I just remember the record having a great sound and the songs also had a nice vibe to them.

Those are great shows, we where so lucky to have Day on The Green's. I remember the first time I saw him was on TV, KQED, did a live studio broadcast, this is when the record companys spent lots of money on there artists, then another odd time I saw him was when he was having a lull in his career around 1985? at Cheers Bar in Linda Mar Shopping Center in Pacifica, he did two shows for a packed 100 people?

The modern version of "Day On The Green"....

Yes, very cool! I heard about this from the vintage "Day On The Green" FaceBook page (Photos and links to part and whole concerts from back then on YouTube): https://www.facebook.com/groups/37599002667/

I saw all of these bands at the Oakland Coliseum DOTG in the 1970s. I want to go, but ticket prices are a bit pricey, well, as compared to 1970s prices when adjusted for inflation. Ticket prices used to be $15 more or less. But that's how it goes for shows in this era, $100 and way up priced tickets. The other thing I wish they would have done was have this at the Oakland Coliseum which can hold 65,000 seats, whereas ATT Park, while much more intimate, holds 20,000 less seats. But I might go and it's going to be a great show for sure. If I were to guess, I bet Metallica is the special guest, since they played DOTG shows in the 80s-90s. Or it could be someone in keeping with the spirit of the 1970s, Eddie Money? :)

Day on the Green: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_on_the_Green

Edit: I was at this one: AC/DC - Full Concert - 07/21/79 - Oakland Coliseum Stadium (OFFICIAL)
[video=youtube;epSe9V5ngeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSe9V5ngeo&feature=share[/video]

Finally had the chance to listen to AP's stereo SACD of Eddie Money. Sure I've heard cuts from it before (the hits) but on the whole, it's a pretty amazing album. Sounds Fabulous on SACD. A Must HAVE [I'm a convert].

Back