XTC Skylarking - Andy Partridge AMA / news

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY! This will be excellent in surround. Can't wait for the opening fade-in of Summer's Cauldron.

I know you'd have to be an idiot to complain about any of these XTC releases, but I really was hoping to have this video:

[video=youtube;pfRQGZUKS2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRQGZUKS2Y[/video]

That video is not an official XTC music video. It's from a TV broadcast that neither the band nor Virgin Records owns the rights to.

I wonder if this particular release will have the original album art? The one we all love! :kitty:

Based on both the Headphone Dust and Burning Shed preorder pages, the cover will be the the original artwork as released in 1986, however I do expect that the 'corrected polarity' artwork will also be seen somewhere in the set.

Based on both the Headphone Dust and Burning Shed preorder pages, the cover will be the the original artwork as released in 1986, however I do expect that the 'corrected polarity' artwork will also be seen somewhere in the set.

Yeah, I meant corrected polarity... :)

:cool: .....and released the day before my birthday, so I'll just have to order it, the trouble is I also want the King Crimson, the Pink Floyd, the....... :confused:

Ordered from Headphone Dust :banana:, now keep me away from the mega-expensive Pink Floyd..........

Ordered from Headphone Dust :banana:, now keep me away from the mega-expensive Pink Floyd..........

YOU
CAN

DO IT!!!!

Now..look at me in the eyes,...
you are falling asleeeep...

repeat after me..

I
CAN
DO
IT!!

relaaaax..

ohh what the hell, GO FOR THE PF EXPENSIVE SET!!!!

Who am I to tell anyone to NOT DO IT??????

Cheers

:smokin

Ah Kap'N you know me too well :ugham:, :yikes are you standing in for Clint on the go on buy it front!
YOU
CAN

DO IT!!!!

Now..look at me in the eyes,...
you are falling asleeeep...

repeat after me..

I
CAN
DO
IT!!

relaaaax..

ohh what the hell, GO FOR THE PF EXPENSIVE SET!!!!

Who am I to tell anyone to NOT DO IT??????

Cheers

:smokin

Slylarking update:
Burning Shed are now saying that the first 1000 copies sold through them will get a signed postcard from...
DAVID GREGORY! :)

Last edited:
Just like Pokemons...........Snood gotta collect them all - Order placed and canceled Amerzon :banana:

Listen to the previously unheard XTC studio recording ‘Let’s Make a Den’ from the Todd Rundgren produced Skylarking sessions, newly mixed by Steven Wilson. Taken from the forthcoming Skylarking CD/Blu-ray edition, available to pre-order now from Headphone Dust and Burning Shed.

Wow, sounds terrific. The fidelity and clarity bode well for the new LP mixes. Such a nice bonus getting these unreleased studio tracks. Looking forward to the pre-Dukes version of Little Lighthouse!

Check this out: http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/listen-to-xtcs-lets-make-a-den-from-skylarking-cdblu-ray/

Listen to the previously unheard XTC studio recording ‘Let’s Make a Den’ from the Todd Rundgren produced Skylarking sessions, newly mixed by Steven Wilson. Taken from the forthcoming Skylarking CD/Blu-ray edition, available to pre-order now from Headphone Dust and Burning Shed.

:)

Thanks for sharing, rt. Easily ONE of the MOST anticipated 5.1 releases of the year. As the blurb suggests: a virtual box set on a single blu ray disc. Ironically, I just shelled out $10+ for the 'corrected polarity' RBCD edition of Skylarking only a few months ago.

Should be a template for all future box set releases containing low res 44.1/16 RBCDs..........include them on the BD in Hi RES!

This edition also contains the corrected polarity Stereo edition in Hi Res 96/24. Guess I can discard the RBCD or save it for the car.

Addenda: Great price and with 15% off from Deep Discount until tomorrow [8/18] at noon, CT.......even a better deal: http://www.deepdiscount.com/skylarking-30th-anniversary-definitive-edition/633367786920

Last edited:
It's a pleasant enough song, but it's pretty obvious why it didn't make the final album cut.
It just simply doesn't stack up to the rest of the album material, but I'm glad they're including it anyway on this deluxe edition.

And 4ears is right. I wish all labels and artists releasing Blu-Ray audio discs would put as much time and care into them as Panegyric has done with these XTC and Yes Blu-Rays, not to mention the amazing Blu-Rays found in the King Crimson deluxe box sets.
Almost every other Blu-Ray audio disc I have is so pale in comparison to these.
I really hope the XTC Surround Sound series continues with another 80s album, especially "English Settlement" and/or "Black Sea"! :)

Back