XTC Skylarking - Andy Partridge AMA / news

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A picture from Steven Wilson of the arrival of the new CD/Blu-Ray sets at Headphone Dust!
14502904_1839089712989832_3244933664008865008_n.jpg

:)

Nice!
I just realized I forgot for sure where I ordered this from.
Guessing Burning Shed but....
Edit: Ordered Burning Shed 7/29.
Unknown whether I qualified the Dave Gregory postcard

Can not wait for this even more excited knowing they have been manufactured why shame they have to sit in a warehouse for two more weeks

Nice!
I just realized I forgot for sure where I ordered this from.
Guessing Burning Shed but....
Edit: Ordered Burning Shed 7/29.
Unknown whether I qualified the Dave Gregory postcard

They announced the Dave Gregory signed postcard about a week after you and I ordered, and they said everyone who ordered before they announced the signed postcard will definitely get one with their order. :)

A picture from Burning Shed of the Dave Gregory-signed postcards that some of us will get with our "Skylarking" CD/Blu-Ray set from Burning Shed! :)
CtmJXzdXgAA0LY6.jpg:large

Oh man, though it's getting very close to its release, I just cannot wait any longer!! I'll be curious as to what Todd Rundgren will think once it's out.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Just got the email from Burning Shed that "Skylarking" is on its way, complete with the signed postcard!
Now I just hope it gets here sooner than "Tales", which has been a slow and not complete journey...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received that same email just over an hour ago - can't freaking wait!! Some people too have been asking about Rundgren's original tracklisting too. Most intriguing indeed!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Just got the email from Burning Shed that "Skylarking" is on its way, complete with the signed postcard!
Now I just hope it gets here sooner than "Tales", which has been a slow and not complete journey...

Me too!!

For what appears to be the very few of us who did NOT order from Burning Shed or Headphone Dust, have any of you noticed that neither Import CDs or Deep Discount are showing this disc in their product list? I've pre-ordered from Import CDs and my order has not been cancelled, but if I were to attempt to order it NOW, I could not. Same with Deep Discount.

Do any of you have any information on this?

For what appears to be the very few of us who did NOT order from Burning Shed or Headphone Dust, have any of you noticed that neither Import CDs or Deep Discount are showing this disc in their product list? I've pre-ordered from Import CDs and my order has not been cancelled, but if I were to attempt to order it NOW, I could not. Same with Deep Discount.

Do any of you have any information on this?
It WAS listed at $16.19 at Import CD's, but as you pointed out, it's no longer showing. Maybe their pre-orders exceeded their expected inventory but it's hard to believe they would pass up sales (even though they'd be back-ordered sales) by temporarily not listing it until more stock arrives. Anyway, I would think pre-orders would be guaranteed a copy but that's just me. I waited too long to order Tales from Import CD's and now I'm stuck in back-ordered purgatory.:(

It WAS listed at $16.19 at Import CD's, but as you pointed out, it's no longer showing. Maybe their pre-orders exceeded their expected inventory but it's hard to believe they would pass up sales (even though they'd be back-ordered sales) by temporarily not listing it until more stock arrives. Anyway, I would think pre-orders would be guaranteed a copy but that's just me. I waited too long to order Tales from Import CD's and now I'm stuck in back-ordered purgatory.:(

Well, this morning it has reappeared in the catalogues of both Import CDs and Deep Discount. Odd.

Well, this morning it has reappeared in the catalogues of both Import CDs and Deep Discount. Odd.

Phew! That's a relief! You had me worried there! This is my most anticipated release of 2016. I stupidly procrastinated on ordering from Burning Shed and by the time I got around to it, they had sold out of the signed post cards so I figured I might as well go with Deep Discount as it was cheaper (they had a 15% off everything sale at the time.) Deep Discount should be getting me my copy of Topo Oceans today, but I'm far more excited for Skylarking.

Picture of the set available to view here:
https://scontent.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn....=d3495ee2e9c3c60026eebc9a78fac075&oe=58647A4F

I cannot wait to check out the demos! They have been a fascinating addition to these sets.
This set has a few non-album demos like "Terrorism", "Ra Ra For Red Rocking Horse", "When We Get to England", "Shaking Skin House", "Obscene Procession", "Find the Fox" and one track that would eventually appear on "Oranges & Lemons". ;)

Mine arrived today, albeit the postman delivered it late, but I managed to get a good, solid listen in. I've left my thoughts on the poll thread, but suffice to say, it's another stellar release :)

IMG_8665.jpg

Back