XTC Skylarking - Andy Partridge AMA / news

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I should've bought one in the UK somewhere, because now I can't find a copy anywhere. :(

My order was posted by Burning Shed on October 10th. I'm a little surprised I don't have it yet....

And - Burning Shed doesn't provide any sort of tracking. (to the US anyway) Or is there some other way to track that I'm not aware of? Impatient, I know....

I pre-ordered from Burning Shed the first day I could... still havn't received a shipping notice and havn't received the discs! I'm going to give them a few more days, though... no tracking info is definitely frustrating. Let me know if you get yours!
My order was posted by Burning Shed on October 10th. I'm a little surprised I don't have it yet....

And - Burning Shed doesn't provide any sort of tracking. (to the US anyway) Or is there some other way to track that I'm not aware of? Impatient, I know....

You can only get a tracking # on a Burning Shed order if you add insurance to your order, although sometimes they will upgrade certain orders to insured shipping at no additional cost. They did this for my recent King Crimson box set order, but that's cause it was a bigger and more expensive order. They normally will not do that for smaller, less expensive orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can only get a tracking # on a Burning Shed order if you add insurance to your order, although sometimes they will upgrade certain orders to insured shipping at no additional cost. They did this for my recent King Crimson box set order, but that's cause it was a bigger and more expensive order. They normally will not do that for smaller, less expensive orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, OK. didn't know that.

^
FYI - I had the same ship date from Burning Shed, received it on Saturday to Southern CA.

Me too.
Live in Seattle. No disc yet.
A friend in Port Angeles got his last week and it was supposed to have the signed postcard.
Postcard but no autograph.
Shipping from the UK to is wildly variable.
Sometimes a week, sometimes 2+.
I blame it on the USPS & East Coast customs.
Shipments from Japan are usually very fast & customs just passes them through.

Mine came Saturday ordered from Bull Moose (from whom I await Jethro Tull Stand Up when it gets released)
I am still digesting this, I had bought the corrected polarity edition before, now destined to be gifted to a friend, so I was familiar with the songs. I prefer the songs on Oranges and lemons but I need a few more listens while recovering from being sick to judge the mix. The usual Steven Wilson box set on a bluray wealth of material to go thru.......

I'm selfishly glad that others in the US have not received it. I too was told it shipped on the 10th. I was afraid it was stolen.:howl

Still waiting for mine to arrive in Perth. Have received word from other Australian members on the Steve Hoffman forum that the album has arrived in Sydney and Melbourne, but Perth always gets everything later. Which is why WA stands for not only Western Australia but 'Wait Awhile' lol. Hopefully any day now (fingers crossed) - wanting this so bad! :D

A wonderful tweet from Andy P today:
"Spoke to Steven Wilson tonight,there's good news on tapes of another album being found.Just looking now for a few reels of stereo mixes.Soon"

:)

A wonderful tweet from Andy P today:
"Spoke to Steven Wilson tonight,there's good news on tapes of another album being found.Just looking now for a few reels of stereo mixes.Soon"

Wow, Steven must really like XTC. I wish he liked some other bands that I like as well. :banana:

Wow, Steven must really like XTC. I wish he liked some other bands that I like as well. :banana:

There's probably a lot of bands you like that he loves as well, but XTC is one of his top 5 favorites, and Andy wants and appreciates his talents for remixing (especially in surround sound) so that's why this partnership has been working so well!

Back