Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see Rhino stepping back into the surround genre after their very brief earlier venture. Maybe Audio Fidelity has shown that it can be a financially successful endeavor after all. Great news!

Great to see Rhino stepping back into the surround genre after their very brief earlier venture. Maybe Audio Fidelity has shown that it can be a financially successful endeavor after all. Great news!

AGREED, and loooong overdue me thinks.They have a very large quad and 5.1 archived library, so.....hopefully more will see the light of day.

My very first thought when I saw this was 'thank god I didn't try and bid high enough to win any of these on eBay'. The Chicago Q8's fetch(ed) some of the highest prices on the site, and just recently a seller liquidated his whole collection of Chicago Q8 tapes - the prices were something like this (from memory):

CTA - $150
II - $233
III - $200
V - $50
VI - $60
VII - $80
VIII - $150
IX - $100
X - $75

And these are pretty 'average' prices too - so you'd be in for about $1200 to get all the Chicago quad mixes on Q8 tape with no guarantee that they played or anything. Makes this new $150 box set look like the bargain of the century by contrast!

Let's hope so. AF has been focusing on the Sony catalog, so maybe Warner Music Group is thinking of doing it themselves. That would be great.

Chris says Whaaaat.jpg

Fantastic news!!!

Great news. This release certainly looks to be directed squarely at the surround/hi res community. No CD's in a 9 disk box set? Is this a first?

What a set for the fans. (I'm hoping CTA will be released individually, or at least the original Quadio DVD will become less scarce and much cheaper!)

Chicago, Quadio (Rhino, 2016) (Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada Links TBD)

So much for using Paypal Credit to pay for this. OH well...like that will stop me. :violin

I know one place that has it up for $139, but they only ship within the US.

Thanks Chris! Can you guys restore the link to your High Resolution releases on your front page index? (and I don't mean vinyl) Thanks
Apologizes for that. To be honest, as much passion as I personally have for surround sound, the response didn't justify the large effort it took to keep that section up to date. I'd like to bring it back some day.

Excellent news! Wow, this is great. WB finally got off their butts and did something. I'm shocked. I'm happy. I'm ordering....from BULL MOOSE!!!

4 Double Albums
4 Single Albums
1 Greatest Hits Album

That's around $15 per album street price for HiRez Quad and Stereo
PFG

I would almost pay that just for Chicago VII!

Yowza, that is Crazy Good news! We need all the good news we can get this year.

Santana, please take notice. And while you are at it Carlos, please throw in the unreleased quad mix of Moonflower! (OK, to be absolutely clear, I just made that up. But can you imagine?) Seriously, a Santana box with all the existing quad mixes plus Marathon and Moonflower in surround would be high on my wish list, and this Chicago box is fantastic!

I'll add my post to the chorus of "WOWS!!" upon hearing this news today.

I may already have the Chicago II DVD-A and the Rhino CTA quad disc (both purchased on the day they were released), but this is still a no-brainer purchase for me...and it's being released right around my birthday (also in June) so I can probably "convince" my wife to pick this one up for me ;) .

So many terrific songs...can't wait to hear "I've Been Searching..." and "Feelin' Stronger Every Day" among so many, many others in hi-rez, quad surround!!

Thank you to Rhino and anyone else involved with this release...may it be the first of many more...

Jon

But you only ship within the US too, right? At least that's what it says on your website.

Yes, that's true. Someday we hope to change that.
Yowza, that is Crazy Good news! We need all the good news we can get this year.

Santana, please take notice. And while you are at it Carlos, please throw in the unreleased quad mix of Moonflower! (OK, to be absolutely clear, I just made that up. But can you imagine?) Seriously, a Santana box with all the existing quad mixes plus Marathon and Moonflower in surround would be high on my wish list, and this Chicago box is fantastic!

Since Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen are on Audio Fidelity's upcoming sampler The Collection, maybe we will get more Santana.

Back