Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if this has fixes for the Chicago II mono tracks? I'd love to order a "sealed" copy for collecting, but would want corrected discs. I haven't heard any updates yet from Rhino on replacements for my existing set.

AFAIK, the replacement discs aren't finished yet, and no one has ever said that sealed unsold sets will be recalled and replaced with the correct disc.

For anyone who still has yet to pull the trigger on this one, this morning SDE is reporting a sale price on Quadio over at Amazon UK. £65 for those in the UK. For us in the USA once the VAT is removed it comes to $78.75 including shipping.

I'm a novice when it comes to Chicago and I still haven't listened to half the discs in this box yet, but I'm very happy with it. I just gave Chicago VII my first ever listen (in any format.) Totally blown away by what a great album it is. I was never really aware of the jazz/fusion side of the band. Incredible stuff in a great quad mix.

For anyone who still has yet to pull the trigger on this one, this morning SDE is reporting a sale price on Quadio over at Amazon UK. £65 for those in the UK. For us in the USA once the VAT is removed it comes to $78.75 including shipping.

I'm a novice when it comes to Chicago and I still haven't listened to half the discs in this box yet, but I'm very happy with it. I just gave Chicago VII my first ever listen (in any format.) Totally blown away by what a great album it is. I was never really aware of the jazz/fusion side of the band. Incredible stuff in a great quad mix.

$78.75 for ten albums in both hi-res stereo and hi-res quad is almost free. Other vendors need to know that people might start holding out on buying these sets if they can be had for 55 cents on the dollar just a few months later. (Correction: Only 9 albums for $78.75...still almost free.)

Last edited:
AFAIK, the replacement discs aren't finished yet, and no one has ever said that sealed unsold sets will be recalled and replaced with the correct disc.

I've not had a reply from Dr Rhino about what the procedure is with corrected discs: whether to inform the retailer, if they'll be sent out automatically, etc...

And I still haven't had mine from SpinCDs yet! :mad:

Patience, my friend... I believe that it will arrive soon..it's to his best interest to fulfill these orders cause we can raise a nice stink in here if he doesn't come through....

I definitely prefer having a good set rather than a "faulty" one...

Patience, my friend... I believe that it will arrive soon..it's to his best interest to fulfill these orders cause we can raise a nice stink in here if he doesn't come through....

I definitely prefer having a good set rather than a "faulty" one...

Mine's not faulty, Basil.. (I only play it in Quad! :eek: )
Wocka wocka wocka :D

Amazon UK still at 57GBP including shipping to Australia. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger!

I've not had a reply from Dr Rhino about what the procedure is with corrected discs: whether to inform the retailer, if they'll be sent out automatically, etc...
Nor have I.

EDIT - Received this from Dr. Rhino today:

Thank you for your email.We are currently producing replacement discs.
I do not have a date as to when they will be available, but I will update you as soon as I do.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Dr. Rhino

Last edited:
Back