Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE WORLD SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY QQ FORUM!!!!!! WE RUUUULE!!!!!

Can I have another ..."WOW"?????

amazon it is for me , (for customs reasons)...

AAAAANNNNNDDD..we get the "IRON ON" from VII !!!!!! (Yes!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

This deserves a Snood moment!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

THE WORLD SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY QQ FORUM!!!!!! WE RUUUULE!!!!!

Can I have another ..."WOW"?????

amazon it is for me , (for customs reasons)...

AAAAANNNNNDDD..we get the "IRON ON" from VII !!!!!! (Yes!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

This deserves a Snood moment!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Do you have the Amazon pre-order link my good fellow?

Was there an iron-on patch inside VII too?
I believe there was one inside VIII, though my old LP didn't have it,
somewhere in South Africa (that's where I got my Chicago VIII SQ LP from) is a guy or girl with a snazzy home made Chicago T-Shirt on with my flipping patch, the rascals!
Yours sincerely, Livid of London...!!! :D

Do you have the Amazon pre-order link my good fellow?

Was there an iron-on patch inside VII too?
I believe there was one inside VIII, though my old LP didn't have it,
somewhere in South Africa (that's where I got my Chicago VIII SQ LP from) is a guy or girl with a snazzy home made Chicago T-Shirt on with my flipping patch, the rascals!
Yours sincerely, Livid of London...!!! :D

Not yet, my good friend, but I'll post it as soon as I get it!!!!

Havn't had much time to get on the forum lately, but DAMN, am I glad I checked in! This is a fantastic package and a must have for me... already pre-ordered on Bullmoose! (News like this keeps me checking in at the QQ daily, even if it's only for a couple seconds... thanks for keeping us all well informed, fellow QQers!)

This is really good news for surround music in general and for fans of Chicago's music in particular. Because I don't care much for their music after their first few albums, I think I'll wait to see what SW does and gravitate toward purchasing the remixed albums that I like.

I cannot wait...thought I'd try to post all the songs that should most likely be present on each of the 9 discs in the box. Interestingly.....one of the albums is a greatest hits...which may seem redundant as each of the songs should be somewhere on the individual discs...though I wonder if there could be differences in sound from the greatest version to the original disc version...anyway.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Chicago Transit Authority (1969)
1 Introduction 6:35
2 Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? 4:35
3 Beginnings 7:51
4 Questions 67 and 68 4:59
5 Listen 3:21
6 Poem 58 8:37
7 Free Form Guitar 6:53
8 South California Purples 6:10
9 I'm a Man 7:40
10 Prologue, August 29, 1968 0:57
11 Someday (August 29, 1968) 4:13
12 Liberation 15:41

Chicago (1970)
1 Movin In' 4:06
2 The Road 3:10
3 Poem for the People 5:35
4 In the Country 6:36
5 Wake Up Sunshine 2:34
6 Make Me Smile 3:16
7 So Much to Say, So Much to Give
8 Anxiety's Moment 1:00
9 West Virginia Fantasies 1:33
10 Colour My World 3:01
11 To Be Free 1:15
12 Now More Than Ever 1:26
13 Fancy Colours 5:12
14 25 or 6 to 4 5:00
15 Prelude 1:10
16 A.M. Mourning 2:05
17 P.M. Mourning 1:58
18 Memories of Love 3:59
19 It Better End Soon (1st Movement) 2:33
20 It Better End Soon (2nd Movement) 3:41
21 It Better End Soon (3rd Movement) 3:18
22 It Better End Soon (4th Movement) 0:56
23 Where Do We Go From Here 2:48

Chicago III (1971)
1 Sing a Mean Tune Kid 9:16
2 Loneliness Is Just a Word 2:38
3 What Else Can I Say 3:15
4 I Don't Want Your Money 4:46
5 Flight 602 2:45
6 Motorboat to Mars 1:30
7 Free 2:23
8 Free Country 5:40
9 At the Sunrise 2:48
10 Happy 'Cause I'm Going Home 7:28
11 Mother 4:30
12 Lowdown 3:37
13 A Hard Risin' Morning Without Breakfast 1:58
14 Off to Work 0:45
15 Fallin' Out 0:49
16 Dreamin' Home 0:55
17 Morning Blues Again 1:04
18 When All the Laughter Dies in Sorrow 1:03
19 Canon 1:05
20 Once Upon a Time 2:32
21 Progress 2:36
22 The Approaching Storm 6:26
23 Man Vs. Man: The End 1:33

Chicago V (1972)
1 A Hit by Varèse 4:54
2 All Is Well 3:46
3 Now That You've Gone 5:01
4 Dialogue (Part I) 2:57
5 Dialogue (Part II) 4:14
6 While the City Sleeps 3:55
7 Saturday in the Park 3:56
8 State of the Union 6:12
9 Goodbye 5:55
10 Alma Mater 3:47

Chicago VI (1973)*
1 Critic's Choice 2:49
2 Just You 'n' Me 3:45
3 Darlin’ Dear 2:59
4 Jenny 3:34
5 What’s This World Comin’ To 5:01
6 Something in This City Changes People 3:42
7 Hollywood 3:55
8 In Terms of Two 3:30
9 Rediscovery 4:51
10 Feelin' Stronger Every Day 4:15

Chicago VII (1974)
1 Prelude to Aire 2:47
2 Aire 6:31
3 Devil's Sweet 10:04
4 Italian From New York 4:15
5 Hanky Panky 1:53
6 Life Saver 5:20
7 Happy Man 3:33
8 (I've Been) Searchin' So Long 4:30
9 Mongonucleosis 3:27
10 Song of the Evergreens 5:24
11 Byblos 6:19
12 Wishing You Were Here 4:36
13 Call on Me 4:03
14 Woman Don't Want to Love Me 4:37
15 Skinny Boy 5:12

Chicago VIII (1975)
1 Anyway You Want 3:40
2 Brand New Love Affair, Part I & II 4:30
3 Never Been in Love Before 4:10
4 Hideaway 4:47
5 Till We Meet Again 2:05
6 Harry Truman 3:04
7 Oh, Thank You Great Spirit 7:20
8 Long Time No See 2:49
9 Ain't It Blue 3:31
10 Old Days 3:31

Chicago IX: Chicago's Greatest Hits (1975)
1 25 or 6 to 4 4:52
2 Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? 3:22
3 Colour My World 3:01
4 Just You 'n' Me 3:45
5 Saturday in the Park 3:56
6 Feelin' Stronger Every Day 4:15
7 Make Me Smile 3:01
8 Wishing You Were Here 4:36
9 Call on Me 4:03
10 (I've Been) Searchin' So Long 4:30
11 Beginnings 7:51

Chicago X (1976)
1 Once or Twice 3:03
2 You Are on My Mind 3:23
3 Skin Tight 3:21
4 If You Leave Me Now 3:56
5 Together Again 3:53
6 Another Rainy Day in New York City 3:03
7 Mama Mama 3:34
8 Scrapbook 3:32
9 Gently I'll Wake You 3:36
10 You Get It Up 3:37
11 Hope for Love 3:04

Oh wow, this is incredible news. If only I liked Chicago!!!

I will give these albums a few listens to see if I can warm up to them. Might stick with my "Heart of Chicago" Best-Of though. I rarely play that one to begin with.

My tastes aside, I'm really stunned by this coming out. Holy smokes!

.....one of the albums is a greatest hits...which may seem redundant as each of the songs should be somewhere on the individual discs...

Quite the contrary - whether a fan or a casual listener who want to support this kind of release, the greatest hits version offers the ability to listen to some of the most familiar material in a single sitting without switching media or doing some post-processing to create your own greatest playlist. I am glad they are including it!

Quite the contrary - whether a fan or a casual listener who want to support this kind of release, the greatest hits version offers the ability to listen to some of the most familiar material in a single sitting without switching media or doing some post-processing to create your own greatest playlist. I am glad they are including it!

Oh no - I totally agree. In general I was eluding to (not very well) is that as opposed to it, maybe I'd rather have another studio album....but those are likely not in Quad...so squash that idea. :violin

Oh no - I totally agree. In general I was eluding to (not very well) is that as opposed to it, maybe I'd rather have another studio album....but those are likely not in Quad...so squash that idea. :violin

Yes, I think this box captures all the official quads, which is so great! Would love the same for the Doobies, Santana & Paul Simon (all previously mentioned in the thread), but also Steely Dan, Aerosmith, BTO, BS&T, etc, really any of the biggies who have multiple issues. Could make a great series of releases.

The radio edit of "Make Me Smile" is a worthy track, in my opinion.

Yes, I think this box captures all the official quads, which is so great! Would love the same for the Doobies, Santana & Paul Simon (all previously mentioned in the thread), but also Steely Dan, Aerosmith, BTO, BS&T, etc, really any of the biggies who have multiple issues. Could make a great series of releases.

The Eagles would be a really good contender for this treatment assuming that the rumored mixes exist. Of the six studio albums from the 70's, two (On the Border and One of These Nights) were issued in quad plus Hotel California was later mixed for 5.1 surround. The Long Run was rumored to have had a 5.1 mix completed by Elliot Scheiner and the first two albums were rumored to have had quad mixes completed back in the day. That's the entire classic era catalog. A few years ago Warners issued the box set below containing all these albums on both CD and vinyl. Would a blu-ray box really be a stretch?

1378934349000-EAGLES-Vinyl-Box-ProductShot.jpg

First off, thanks again to Bull Moose for getting this out at QQ first. That is VERY appreciated, and I am glad to see that many members have posted that they have ordered directly from Bull Moose. It's very easy to order from Amazon and such, but supporting not only a QQ member in Bull Moose, but also an entity that specializes in MUSIC is, to me, worth any small price differential if you can afford it. I realize that a high ticket item like this may stretch everyones pockets, but if you can support Bull Moose, I am glad that you would.

Now, reflecting back on this announcement: Imagine the delight if we learned that WB/Rhino was going to issue a single Chicago quad album, maybe the Greatest Hits disc, or my favorite, Chicago VII. I mean, we'd all be going nuts. Threads would drone on about how great this was, and maybe this would indicate that we might get some of the other Chicago quads.

But here, in one big blast, we get ALL OF THE CHICAGO QUADS!!! HOLY F'ing CRAP!!! It does take a few days for this to sink in. I mean, I am not the greatest Chicago fan. I like what I've heard, I like "the hits", I like some of the deep tracks on CTA, II, and VII, but I don't know all of these albums that well. Now I can really get into them and hear them like I never could on Q8 or SQ, even with the Tate or the Surround Master.

You have to admit, out of the blue, this is quite a remarkable release. Stunning, really, in a non-Silverline way! :)

But here, in one big blast, we get ALL OF THE CHICAGO QUADS!!! HOLY F'ing CRAP!!! It does take a few days for this to sink in. I mean, I am not the greatest Chicago fan. I like what I've heard, I like "the hits"

My thoughts exactly. I have enjoyed all the Chicago hits that were on the radio, but I am not a huge fan otherwise, however I AM STUNNED over the COMPLETENESS of this release. :music

I am so happy for Chicago fans, this would be classified as a true miracle. God bless the fans and may you all enjoy all these recordings in 4.0. Its fabulous Rhino could locate all the 4.0 mixes.

Dare I say that with a MEGA-RELEASE such as this that perhaps surround music has turned the corner? Either way this is PHOOKIN ORGASMIC news for everybody.

This is an amazing box set and hopefully it paves the way for more artists to do the same.

Back