YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get it from either Headphone Dust or Burning Shed. Headphone Dust is Steven Wilson's official online store, whereas Burning Shed hosts the official Panegyric online store, so I would definitely buy from one of those stores. I have received these Yes releases from both stores fairly quickly here in the US.

:)

Thanks for the response RT and congrats on the Mod status! :upthumb I would like to support Mr. Wilson in the most direct way possible, but honestly my main concern is getting the discs the absolute soonest possible, which in this case it looks like buying from Headphone Dust accomplishes both things. So, since it supposedly ships on Sept 26th, that's 33 days from now, so I should have it within about 40 days or about Oct 3rd-4th I'm guessing. Can't wait! :D

I usually have pre-ordered stuff from Burning Shed in my hands by the release date (I live in NE Pa.). However, SW's 4 1/2 arrived about 1 week AFTER it's release date via Amazon (also pre-ordered). I like Burning Shed's service and selection, but if you're ordering quantity their S&H costs negate their lower prices.
I never pre-order anything, but I'm just absolutely dying to get this ASAP. If I live in the US and want to get this as early as possible, does anyone have any idea what might be the best place to order from? Amazon.com shows a release date of Oct 7th, Amazon UK shows Sept 30th, Burning Shed also shows Sept 30th, but Headphone Dust shows Sept 26th. Looks like Headphone Dust might be the fastest choice, being released 11 days before Amazon.com, but do any of you have much experience importing from the UK to the US and how long it usually takes? I wish Clint was around, as he seems to always know all of the secret hidden deals and options available with this kind of stuff. Hope he's OK.
I am so freakin' ready to listen to this album in HD 5.1 over and over and over! :banana:

Thanks for the response RT and congrats on the Mod status! :upthumb I would like to support Mr. Wilson in the most direct way possible, but honestly my main concern is getting the discs the absolute soonest possible, which in this case it looks like buying from Headphone Dust accomplishes both things. So, since it supposedly ships on Sept 26th, that's 33 days from now, so I should have it within about 40 days or about Oct 3rd-4th I'm guessing. Can't wait! :D

Thanks, Frogmort!
I will say this. I have only ordered once from Headphone Dust (cause it seems like their total price with shipping is usually more than Burning Shed) so I can't remember how long it took to get here to my humble abode, but the last few Yes Blu-Rays were shipped to me from Burning Shed well in advance and arrived a day before the actual release date, so for these "Tales from Topographic Oceans" releases, I feel like I will get them very promptly from Burning Shed.

:)

Thanks for all the help guys, but I tried ordering from Burning Shed once through "World Pay" but it went to two more sites asking for credit card info, so I declined. I then tried using Paypal which also for some reason declined payment. I re-tried both Paypal and World pay and they were both re-declined. Never ever had this happen before. Guess I have to call the bank tomorrow morning. I guess that's what I get trying to order this and Monkey Mind while incredibly well buzzed and listening to some hard-core surround. :smokin

jgcRrhFimoU.jpg

Well, I went to my bank today and they said that the 'Fraud Detection Department' completely shut down my Visa because of 'Suspicious Activity' :i.e. - Ordering something from the UK. :rolleyes: This is weird because I've ordered from Amazon.UK before with no problems. I guess because Amazon is a lot bigger than Burning Shed. Anyway, my bank gave me a number to contact the fraud dept and they re-activated my card, but then told me to re-contact my bank to inform them of the purchase I was going to make, prior to purchasing. :confused: So, to make a short story long, now what we have here is another one of those 'I just ordered this!' posts: :eek:

I just ordered this! :banana:

large6220.jpg
large6198.jpg

I got the 3CD/1Blu-ray set for both. :)

Did you say "Frog Protection"? Yes, Discover Card offers "Fraud Protection". "Frog"? "Fraud" ..... Are we on the same page? Totally!

Sounds like your card tripped the fraud sensor at the exact wrong moment.

I remember some years back when in the name of safeguarding my credit card, Visa locked my card up without a call, email or other notice.
What a pain! It seems that a recurring overseas purchase to one of favorite bands looked suspicious. The recurring purchase was one of favorite band's offerings called "The Front Row Club". Every few months the band would release a warts & all live CD from the archives (Back in the days before downloading). It was pretty much like clockwork that the same charge would go through to this vendor.

The real trouble was that I was traveling to the US West Coast at the time and I tried to use it to check it into my hotel. It was of coursed refused because at sometime while I was in the air, Visa locked me up. The small beach front hotel insisted that I needed to present the credit card that I used to secure the reservation and deposit. I remember being on the phone loosing it with the hapless credit card rep telling him to look at my past history to see all the transactions with the same vendor.

And now back to YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1:
It seems Amazon US has reclassified the Bluray release as unavailable. Just last week it was still showing up in my pre-order.

This is very interesting (and somewhat peculiar)
Yes have posted the entire Blu-Ray booklet in miniature form on their website. It was found on the "Tales from Topographic Oceans" page.

BluRaybook.jpg

ADDENDUM:
Well, here's one page at normal view:
13901533_1321068414571810_1697396271211729052_n.jpg

Thanks rt:)

The BluRay has quite a bit of bonus content.

A curious point about the lone live track of Ritual. The booklet says it was from Zurich in 1974. That was still the TFTO tour. The 1974 Relayer tour began in the fall. If this recording is of any kind of quality that means there should be more of this live show available. But alas at that point in the Tales tour YES had dropped side 2 - The Remembering, from their setlist. So no chance of getting my favorite side of Tales from the April show.
I'm saying this all from memory so if another YES fan has better details, please chime in here.

I would have been in heaven if only Tales were mixed in 5.1 with no additional content so to get all this extra stuff is a nice gift.

As far as Ritual live from Zurich in 74, I can't recall any other live YES having been released before from this show... I'm dreaming it may be of good quality and perhaps there are versions of side 1 and 3 as well. Also YES played CTTE in its entirety during this show.

The Zurich 1974 show has been in circulation for some time. You can hear it here:

http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/dates.asp?ftype=1&qdec=1970&qdateid=207

The Zurich 1974 show has been in circulation for some time. You can hear it here:

http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/dates.asp?ftype=1&qdec=1970&qdateid=207

Thanks m8, yeah I know bout that boot. I am holding out hope that YES have a much higher quality source
in their vaults. Hope springs eternal. From following Steve Howe's comments about the vault it seems there
is more stuff and my guess is YES are metering it out as to provide revenue for the rest of their lives.
Just my wishful thinking. We'll see. Actually none of the extras on the Tales disc will matter to me, since I will
play the studio 5.1 version about ten thousand times and then retire to the west and diminish.

I'm getting a little antsy-pantsy here. The shipping date from Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust store is:

"ORDERS THAT INCLUDE THIS ITEM WILL SHIP IN MID TO LATE SEPTEMBER."

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-tales-from-topographic-oceans-3cdblu-ray/

Well... It is exactly mid September and I wonder when shipments will start??? Yes, I already emailed them and asked. (y)

We are getting so close, Now I'm really not exactly sure what I will do when it arrives. Perhaps dig a hole in the ground and bury it and build a giant mausoleum around it? :mad:@: I will probably just sit and stare at it for hours before realizing that a better idea would be to stick the BluRay disc in my system and blast it! :music

I'm getting a little antsy-pantsy here. The shipping date from Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust store is:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-tales-from-topographic-oceans-3cdblu-ray/

Well... It is exactly mid September and I wonder when shipments will start??? Yes, I already emailed them and asked. (y)

We are getting so close, Now I'm really not exactly sure what I will do when it arrives. Perhaps dig a hole in the ground and bury it and build a giant mausoleum around it? :mad:@: I will probably just sit and stare at it for hours before realizing that a better idea would be to stick the BluRay disc in my system and blast it! :music

"You must have waited all your life for this..." So a few more weeks won't do much harm, will they? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes my friend! I'm also waiting and my fingernails are already gone! :)

I will never get over just how much fun it is to quote oneself. Its gotta be the coolest thing on the internet.(y)

I received an immediate reply from the always wonderful & helpful Sirendurai, she told me:

"We are eagerly awaiting the delivery of stock, which should be any day now. We will dispatch your pre-order as soon as we can, hopefully early next week."

You heard it lads: Any day now. :smokin :smokin :smokin

@rt: No my friend, you have your logic backwards, having waited since 1976, that means it is overdue by about 40 years. :smokin

@Francois: Happy Birthday!!!! Mine is the 19th.

@iMachine: Thank You!!!!! You just helped me decide what to do when my copy of Tales arrives... I will hop on a plane to your place, we will smoke a bunch of weed, drink the best German beer and then we will listen to YES - Tales all night! :smokin

Back