The Cars in Hybrid SACD Stereo from Mobile Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
These two showed up today after a postal delay.

SURPRISE: The Cars comes with a booklet.

sacd_fronts.jpg

sacd_backs.jpg

Cboy, my VERY recent MoFi Carly Simon SACDs (debut/Anticipation) also came with booklets.

Am anxious to hear your review of the Cars.

yes! Somebody tell me how the Cars sounds.....I will buy it if it has decent low end. But if it's thin sounding...then no. :)

I've heard the Elektra and MFSL LPs and the original and reissue CD and , it really doesn't have a lot of bass... RTB was a bit bass shy...but , man he loved his treble!!!
If I were to get this, I'd go for the MFSL LP...the less SACDs, for me, the better...

I just put it on and it just about knocked me on the floor with the bass. You won't be disappointed with the bass.

Last edited:
yes! Somebody tell me how the Cars sounds.....I will buy it if it has decent low end. But if it's thin sounding...then no. :)

The Cars SACD didn't sound "thin" to me. I'd describe it as detailed.
Worth getting, even though it doesn't include the unreleased Quad mix of the album.

Didn't that album come out in 1979.. how could there be a quad mix past 1976?

My understanding is that there is an unreleased Surround Sound mix of "The Cars" album.
Time will tell if it ever comes out. And then the mystery of 4.0 or 5.1 - or even who mixed it - will be solved.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 2 (y)s WAY UP........The CARS. MoFi STEREO SACD. Simply Amazing. Actually, The Cars Greatest Hits on 1 very exceptional SACD. Decodes well in DSP Surround.

Perhaps down the pike we'll have the 5.1 prepared for DVD~A but until then.......this is IT!

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 2 (y)s WAY UP........The CARS. MoFi STEREO SACD. Simply Amazing. Actually, The Cars Greatest Hits on 1 very exceptional SACD. Decodes well in DSP Surround.

Perhaps down the pike we'll have the 5.1 prepared for DVD~A but until then.......this is IT!

Sweet! OK, you sold me...I've been wanting The Cars SACD but have heard very little about it. :)

Whoops...are you talking about The Cars debut??

Snood ordered - uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh - in stereo ugh, but one of my fave all time albums...............hope it as good as everyone is saying. :mad:@:

but................you guys saying Heartbeat City is as good and also the new Hits one?

Would rather have Candy-O - not a huge fan of their later stuff - too poppy

Altho, have all their stuff, kind of dropped them after Panorama - Altho Ric Ocasek's first Solo album had some koo tunes on there.

Last edited:
Snood ordered - uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh - in stereo ugh, but one of my fave all time albums...............hope it as good as everyone is saying. :mad:@:

but................you guys saying Heartbeat City is as good and also the new Hits one?

Altho, have all their stuff, kind of dropped them after Panorama - Altho Ric Ocasek's Solo album had some koo tunes on there.

Totally agree about the solo stuff... "Beatitude" is definitely something to grab for!;)

Altho, have all their stuff, kind of dropped them after Panorama - Altho Ric Ocasek's first Solo album had some koo tunes on there.

Oh Snood! You took the words right out of my mouth! ;) More stereo!? Ugh!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
I'll be most interested to hear your opinion.

And I am DEFINITELY with you on their early albums up to Panorama. After that... :p

Last edited:
Oh Snood! You took the words right out of my mouth! ;) More stereo!? Ugh!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
I'll be most interested to hear your opinion.

And I am DEFINITELY with on their early albums up to Panorama. After that... :p

Brett, the Cars debut stereo SACD from MoFi played loudly decodes very well in DSP surround (I use SUPER on my Meridian). EVERY cut's a HIT. 35 minutes of WOW factor.:flame

Of course we ALL want the 5.1 remaster prepared for the DVD~A but was NEVER released. But until then ..........

All the positive feedback is tempting, Ralph. I'm sure it sounds great for stereo.
Maybe when I get tired of playing the allman brothers band - idlewild south... But right now I am seriously digging these jams in surround. I might have to change my moniker to the midnight rider. :spot. LOL!

Back