The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
This is getting me even more excited about this release coming up in August. As Bruce tweeted earlier he said it would come in lossless so just waiting to find out what that will be.
Got the below information from here:

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-10/the-pineapple-thief-announce-your-wilderness

The Pineapple Thief will release latest album Your Wilderness on August 12
The Pineapple Thief have announced they’ll release their next album titled Your Wilderness on August 12 via KScope.

It’ll be the band’s follow-up to 2014’s Magnolia – and they’ve issued a short teaser clip of the eight-track record. View it below.

Mainman Bruce Soord has also revealed it’ll feature a range of guest musicians – including King Crimson drummer Gavin Harrison.

He says: “Since Magnolia, the most eye-catching change is obviously having Gavin Harrison contribute drums throughout the album. This has not only redefined our sound but also redefined how we approached the songs as a band. Gavin's drumming is technically brilliant but also incredibly musical, and it inspired all of us to raise our game.”

Soord reports he’s rediscovered his “progressive roots in terms of song-writing and arrangement” and adds: “We were lucky enough to have John Helliwell from Supertramp contribute some beautiful clarinet parts and Caravan’s Geoffrey Richardson provided a string quartet.

“We were also joined by a lovely four-piece choir and to cap it all off, my friend Darran Charles from Godsticks added some jaw-dropping guitar playing.”

He continues: “You've never heard a The Pineapple Thief album like this one. I am convinced people will love this record as much as we do.”

The band are currently putting the pieces in place for a late 2016 European tour and plotting dates in North America. Further details will be revealed in due course.

5.1 on that release?

Yes, Soord recently commented that this would be 5.1, in a lossless format (he hasn't specified what format), with minimal dynamic compression/limiting. I think this is going to be an absolutely killer release, and I hope he keeps them coming!

Hey guys

Just saw this post - yes it'll be 24/96 MLP 5.1 on a DVD-AV. Neil at Opus is doing the authoring (I'm hoping to get as many as my 5.1 mixes out as AVs through Neil as possible). I hope you all like it when you hear it!

Cheers

Bruce

Hey guys

Just saw this post - yes it'll be 24/96 MLP 5.1 on a DVD-AV. Neil at Opus is doing the authoring (I'm hoping to get as many as my 5.1 mixes out as AVs through Neil as possible). I hope you all like it when you hear it!

Cheers

Bruce

YES! Thank you, Bruce! Because you and Neil Wilkes are taking the time and care to author a DVD-A/V for this release, I will definitely try my best to purchase it when it comes out! Thanks again! :)

Hey guys

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce, thanks so much, firstly for your fantastic music and now by putting this album out as a DVDA, WOW, you have made my day :)
Can't wait to get this. Is it Aug.12th yet?

Just curious Bruce - Amazon US already has a listing for an "audio CD" and vinyl to be released on June 24th. Are you doing that also, or is it an error in date?

It's always great when you chime in here, Bruce! This is my most anticipated release of 2016 (especially after your phenomenal solo album), and the teaser sounds extremely promising, and has me just that much more excited!:banana:

I'm all over the 5.1 and vinyl as soon as pre-orders pop up

some info from Kscope website,

Your Wilderness, their 11th studio album, showcases the band performing without any inhibitions providing a springboard for the ongoing creative growth of The Pineapple Thief.

For the first time, The Pineapple Thief has brought in several special guest performers. “Since our last album Magnolia, the most eye catching change is obviously having Gavin Harrison contribute drums throughout the album” explains Bruce Soord. “This has not only redefined our sound but also redefined how we approached the songs as a band. Gavin’s drumming is technically brilliant but also incredibly musical, and it inspired all of us to raise our game. I’ve also rediscovered my progressive roots in terms of song-writing and arrangement. Added to that, we were lucky enough to have John Helliwell from Supertramp contribute some beautiful clarinet parts and Geoffrey Richardson (Caravan) provided a string quartet. We were also joined by a lovely 4 piece choir and to cap it all off, my friend Darran Charles (Godsticks) added some jaw dropping guitar playing… You’ve never heard a The Pineapple Thief album like this one! I am convinced people will love this record as much as we do.”

Carl Glover’s thought provoking collection of photographs perfectly compliment the concept of the album, something which Soord is tight lipped about. “It should reveal itself to the listener and be open to interpretation. I don’t want what it means to me to influence how it affects you”.

Your Wilderness was recorded entirely by the band with the exception of the drums, which Gavin Harrison produced & engineered at his own studio. The string quartet which was recorded at Geoffrey’s own studio in Canterbury. The album was mixed and produced by Bruce Soord and Steve Kitch with mastering duties also carried out by Steve. There will be a special lossless 5.1 surround mix available with the special edition mixed by Bruce.

Seen as one of the most vital rock bands the UK has produced over the last two decades, The Pineapple Thief was formed in 1999 by founder and chief songwriter Bruce Soord. The band has steadily evolved and refined it’s sound with the bass playing of Jon Sykes and the production and keyboards of Steve Kitch now so integral to the sound. “After so many years, The Pineapple Thief has become way bigger than the sum of its parts.” explains Soord.

“The new album was a joy to make. More so than any other The Pineapple Thief album before it. Everything came together so effortlessly and I think this comes across when you hear the record.”

Bruce Soord has also collaborated with the likes of Wisdom of Crowds (with Katatonia’s Jonas Renkse), Katatonia (joining the band on its 2014 acoustic European tour), and has created 5.1 remixes for artists such as Opeth, TesseracT, Tim Bowness and Katatonia. Soord also released his debut self titled debut solo album through Kscope in 2015.

The Pineapple Thief is currently booking a European tour for late 2016 and planning live shows in USA / Canada

Your Wilderness will be released by Kscope on CD, LP, digitally and as a special deluxe 12” hardback book.

Tracklisting

1. In Exile (05:40)
2. No Man’s Land (04:20)
3. Tear You Up (4:53)
4. That Shore (04:36)
5. Take Your Shot (04:34)
6. Fend For Yourself (03:49)
7. The Final Thing On My Mind (09:52)
8. Where We Stood (03:46)

As TPT is on my wishlist for surround, I look forward to this release a lot :)

802644835426-500px.jpg

New TPT song, and pre-orders:

https://www.facebook.com/thepineapplethief/posts/10154187860493497

Pre-order: https://www.burningshed.com/store/thepineapplethief/product/502/7623/

"Deluxe 3 disc hardback book edition featuring 44 page book, CD, DVD-AV and bonus CD, 8 Years Later CD featuring a single 40 minute Progressive/Ambient piece. "

$43.80 plus shipping. Definitely steep, but I'll bite. I'm really digging the new track, and that's definitely Gavin Harrison's signature drum style I'm hearing!

Steep price, but you do get a 40 minute bonus disc and a nice book as well. Those who followed TPT, the bonus disc are an excellent companion to the album proper.

The Pineapple Thief's ambitious 2016 studio release, Your Wilderness.

Musically, the band's 11th studio album represents a marked change in direction and takes TPT away from Magnolia's more 'pop' orientated production.

On Your Wilderness, the band has allowed itself -plus a dream team of contributors - to perform without any inhibitions. Bruce Soord has drawn inspiration from his Progressive roots in order to provide a springboard for the ongoing creative growth of The Pineapple Thief.

For the first time, The Pineapple Thief has brought in several special guest performers, alongside Gavin Harrison (who has gifted some typically brilliant drum parts that have taken TPT into fresh territory), and a four-piece choir, Geoffrey Richardson (Caravan) arranged and recorded string sections, Darran Charles (Godsticks) contributed additional electric guitar work, and Supertramp's John Helliwell performs some beautiful clarinet parts that bring the album to a poignant close.

Featuring conceptually sympathetic Carl Glover artwork, lyrically Your Wilderness follows the journey of a parent and child and chronicles love, fear, estrangement and, ultimately, reconciliation as their lives unfold.

Your Wilderness was recorded, mixed and engineered at Soord Studios in Somerset and was produced by The Pineapple Thief (with the exception of the drums, which Gavin Harrison produced & engineered).

The mastering was by The Pineapple Thief's own Steve Kitch (audiomaster.co.uk).

Deluxe 3 disc hardback book edition featuring 44 page book, CD, DVD-AV and bonus CD, 8 Years Later CD featuring a single 40 minute Progressive/Ambient piece.

Pre-order for 12th August release.

All pre-orders come with a signed postcard.

CD 1:

1. In Exile [5:40]
2. No Man's Land [4:20]
3. Tear You Up [4:53]
4. That Shore [4:36]
5. Take Your Shot [4:34]
6. Fend For Yourself [3:49]
7. The Final Thing On My Mind [9:52]
8. Where We Stood [3:46]

CD 2:

1. 8 Years Later (40.00)

DVD-AV

DVD-A:
24/96 MLP Lossless Stereo
24/96 MLP Lossless 5.1 surround
There will also be access to the PCM Stereo & the DTS 5.1

DVD-V:
24/96 PCM Stereo
DTS 96/24 5.1 Digital Surround

New TPT song, and pre-orders:

https://www.facebook.com/thepineapplethief/posts/10154187860493497

Pre-order: https://www.burningshed.com/store/thepineapplethief/product/502/7623/

"Deluxe 3 disc hardback book edition featuring 44 page book, CD, DVD-AV and bonus CD, 8 Years Later CD featuring a single 40 minute Progressive/Ambient piece. "

$43.80 plus shipping. Definitely steep, but I'll bite. I'm really digging the new track, and that's definitely Gavin Harrison's signature drum style I'm hearing!

Holy Macaroni! I think I paid like $15.00 USD for the No Sound release...not sure what they're thinking with that price point :confused:

Back