The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, this is a little bit of a steeper price than I was originally planning on paying for this particular title. (Over $15 for shipping, ouch!)
But, it's still important for me to support this release for several reasons:

1) TPT are a very good group with great music.
2) It's good to support Bruce Soord's surround sound mixing efforts.
3) It's DVD-A/V, so high-res surround and stereo!
4) No vinyl included (Thank goodness…)

So I will definitely still order this, but I may just wait until getting one or two of the other big purchases out of the way first. (Chicago "Quadio" in particular….)

:)

Ok, this is a little bit of a steeper price than I was originally planning on paying for this particular title. (Over $15 for shipping, ouch!)

So I will definitely still order this, but I may just wait until getting one or two of the other big purchases out of the way first. (Chicago "Quadio" in particular….)

Excellent points Bro, and I also "support" the Girl Scouts. Just not at say, $18.00, for a box of cookies. I'm all for the scouts and what they do. Love the cookies as I have a sweet tooth and it's just the cookies without anything I don't want...Dang, now I have a hankering for those Peanut Butter cookies ;)

Aw crap. That is expensive. As much as I really want this...not sure I want it that bad. On the other hand, I might think if I wait it will show up cheaper somewhere else... :)

Aw crap. That is expensive. As much as I really want this...not sure I want it that bad. On the other hand, I might think if I wait it will show up cheaper somewhere else... :)

Same here! I would be happy just with DVD-A...

Excellent points Bro, and I also "support" the Girl Scouts. Just not at say, $18.00, for a box of cookies. I'm all for the scouts and what they do. Love the cookies as I have a sweet tooth and it's just the cookies without anything I don't want...Dang, now I have a hankering for those Peanut Butter cookies ;)
you cannot have the cookies if you haven't added to it gallon of bleach, pack of pampers, 5 lbs of nails and roll of fence wire.
at least seems that's contemporary philosophy of some artists and labels.

RT pretty much sums it up for me, other than at this price, a complimentary vinyl record should be included... But it is frustrating that Kscope keeps botching Bruce's surround releases (for his own material, at least). First, they relegate his solo album to download only on pre-orders; then they set this at a rather unreasonable price point, which I'm afraid is going to turn off many potential buyers.

But for me personally, this is an extremely important surround release, and one that I'd really like to see sell very well, as I'd love for TPT's back catalog to be given surround treatment (there's soooo much good music there...). So, I pretty much had to support this release at nearly any price point.

It's still possible this shows up on "amerzern" at a better price, and much more reasonable shipping...

RT pretty much sums it up for me, other than at this price, a complimentary vinyl recrod should be included... But it is frustrating that Kscope keeps botching Bruce's surround releases (for his own material, at least). First, they relegate his solo album to download only on pre-orders; then they set this at a rather unreasonable price point, which I'm afraid is going to turn off many potential buyers.

But for me personally, this is an extremely important surround release, and one that I'd really like to see sell very well, as I'd love for TPT's back catalog to be given surround treatment (there's soooo much good music there...). So, I pretty much had to support this release at nearly any price point.

It's still possible this shows up on "amerzern" at a better price, and much more reasonable shipping...

I actually figured it will show up on Bullmoose or ImportCD or Deepdiscount. I know some of those sites already carry TPT older CD's...so not a stretch to assume they may carry this surround release. :)

Well, OK. To be quite honest....if no one else ends up carrying this at a cheaper price...I WILL order from the Shed...I do want it. I just want it to be about $10 cheaper at least.

Same here! I would be happy just with DVD-A...

Yes, but let's be realistic here, that was never going to happen. Stand-alone DVDA releases died out around 10 years ago, so this was always going to be at least a CD+DVD-A/V release (which is how it should be.)
I guess what contributes to the expense on this one besides the additional CD is the fact that it comes in a 44-page hardbound book, but even then, I have trouble figuring out why this release is still as expensive as it is, given that I have purchased some Jethro Tull sets for a lesser price than this, but regardless, I said I would do my best to support this release, and I will!
(Though maybe with Bruce on here he can see our comments about how high the price is and explain why this is so, if it can't be lowered that is…) ;)

Well its still early in what type of configurations are being released for this new album, it does seem odd why it would only come in a deluxe to get the 5.1 as Kscope has released many other 5.1's in the past and usually you would get a cd\dvda or cd\dvdv option so still hoping that will be a choice yet for us.
As Bruce has also gone the download option for his solo album and live album for TPT wondering if that will be a choice yet as well to get the dvda as a download.

peter

Not that I expect them to tell me, but I went ahead and emailed DeepDiscount, ImportCD's and Bullmoose and asked if they will be carrying this Deluxe box...we'll see if I get a useful answer. :)

Well its still early in what type of configurations are being released for this new album, it does seem odd why it would only come in a deluxe to get the 5.1 as Kscope has released many other 5.1's in the past and usually you would get a cd\dvda or cd\dvdv option so still hoping that will be a choice yet for us.
As Bruce has also gone the download option for his solo album and live album for TPT wondering if that will be a choice yet as well to get the dvda as a download.

peter

Actually, the release configurations are already laid out here: https://www.burningshed.com/store/thepineapplethief/collection/502/
-Single CD edition
-2 CD & DVD-A/V deluxe set
-Vinyl

what you say is sort of: "i love to be screwed up. looking forward to be screwed even more" :p
the further we go, the worst it become.
i'm sincerely hope the sales for deluxe edition (and not only for this particular release) will be not just bad
but really very bad. maybe this could do artists/labels to rethink their approach to formats/pricing policies.

Not that I expect them to tell me, but I went ahead and emailed DeepDiscount, ImportCD's and Bullmoose and asked if they will be carrying this Deluxe box...we'll see if I get a useful answer. :)

Importcds...Bullmoose...and Deepdiscount...all have pre order listings for the Vinyl and CD...not the DVD combo pack(the one you want)...

what you say is sort of: "i love to be screwed up. looking forward to be screwed even more" :p
the further we go, the worst it become.
i'm sincerely hope the sales for deluxe edition (and not only for this particular release) will be not just bad
but really very bad. maybe this could do artists/labels to rethink their approach to formats/pricing policies.

Quit putting words in my mouth, 0tto. You don't speak for me!
Yes, bad sales could make an artist or label rethink formats and pricing strategies for the better, but things could go in the opposite direction in the future too, such as dropping formats such as DVD-A/V or Blu-Ray altogether, or even worse, dropping surround sound mixes from releases altogether!
Anyone is free to purchase or not purchase a release for a variety of reasons, and I have laid out the reasons that I will purchase this release. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's that simple. :rolleyes:

i didn't meant to offend you. it just how it seems from the side. i have been similarly naive not too far back.
you can compare for itself - two artists, on same label, with approximately identical customer base, each offering at same time new album.
recording, mixing, authoring done on pretty much similar conditions/cost. but one DVD-A/2CDs/book been offered at $43.80 and another
BD-A/CD/book been offered at $14.60
does additional 20 pages in book and one more CD worth extra $29.20?
as for future of surround, i wouldn't really be worried too much. it's already become clear, the label do not care about being involved into
remixing of existent or new releases. that's all left for artists themselves. if artist got beauty and soundwise benefits of surround format,
they will continue to do so, don't matter what. if artist sees surround exclusively as a way to gouge the fans for extra cash - well, in this
case you're right, everyone should decide for themselves, but that's has nothing to do with support for surround format.

What an odd view of the world you have. If sales are bad labels will withdraw their support for surround. They aren't doing this for our benefit or because they're some kind of charity.

What an odd view of the world you have. If sales are bad labels will withdraw their support for surround. They aren't doing this for our benefit or because they're some kind of charity.
they already done this. twice. in the first half 70s decade and more recently, first half of millenial decade.
resurgence we see now happens thanks to artists mainly but not a labels.
how many surround releases can you name for the last 5 years, which was initiated by the labels?

they already done this. twice. in the first half 70s decade and more recently, first half of millenial decade.
resurgence we see now happens thanks to artists mainly but not a labels.
how many surround releases can you name for the last 5 years, which was initiated by the labels?

It's not that simple Otto. The band doesn't just get to choose WHATEVER they want to do with their product. That costs money, covered by the release label. And without sales, labels aren't going to back the artist, and without the label, the product (surround releases, in this case) aren't going to happen. This is like the cliched argument of the, so-called, "entitlement" generation, that refuses to pay for music and instead, downloads illegally, then justifies it as "I'm not going to pay for it because I don't want to support greedy record label who rips off artists/Instead I support them by going to their concerts..." But the simple fact is, without sales of the product - physical or digital, the label simply isn't going to support the band that they (supposedly) love so much, and they'll get dropped. This same rule applies to surround releases.

Supporting the product, and asking the labels/artists to improve something, to make changes for future releases, shows interest. We have good relations with a number of insiders on this forum who can pass messages along and improve things. Boycotting a product which results in no sales, shows NO INTEREST in the product. At that point, it doesn't matter how badly the artist wants it.

It's not that simple Otto. The band doesn't just get to choose WHATEVER they want to do with their product. That costs money, covered by the release label. And without sales, labels aren't going to back the artist, and without the label, the product (surround releases, in this case) aren't going to happen. This is like the cliched argument of the, so-called, "entitlement" generation, that refuses to pay for music and instead, downloads illegally, then justifies it as "I'm not going to pay for it because I don't want to support greedy record label who rips off artists/Instead I support them by going to their concerts..." But the simple fact is, without sales of the product - physical or digital, the label simply isn't going to support the band that they (supposedly) love so much, and they'll get dropped. This same rule applies to surround releases.

Supporting the product, and asking the labels/artists to improve something, to make changes for future releases, shows interest. We have good relations with a number of insiders on this forum who can pass messages along and improve things. Boycotting a product which results in no sales, shows NO INTEREST in the product. At that point, it doesn't matter how badly the artist wants it.

actually that's not as complicated as you put it.
record labels is a business as any other and to earn the money, they should have consumers and offer some goods.
if goods is desirable and affordable for majority of customers - the business will be successful. if not, the business eventually will die.
if people refuse to buy offered goods but continued to obtain particular goods by other means, it just shows that there are interest in
the goods but affordability to obtain them has eroded. who's to blame?
i'm for support but only if the game is fair. look, i'm mostly indifferent to Chicago but placed order for upcoming set of BD-As. one for
myself and one for my relative. $300+ sounds like lot but it works out to be $18 per disc with highest possible quality of the sound in
surround format, which is a bargain. in such way i do show my support for a format as well as for distribution price policies.
in this particular with TPT i don't know who's behind decision but that's absolutely obvious - main motivation is a greed and not a passion for surround.

if ones willing to support and encourage the greed, they free to do so but it won't make any good neither for format or artists/business

View attachment 26184

Back