The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually that's not as complicated as you put it.
record labels is a business as any other and to earn the money, they should have consumers and offer some goods.
if goods is desirable and affordable for majority of customers - the business will be successful. if not, the business eventually will die.
if people refuse to buy offered goods but continued to obtain particular goods by other means, it just shows that there are interest in
the goods but affordability to obtain them has eroded. who's to blame?
i'm for support but only if the game is fair. look, i'm mostly indifferent to Chicago but placed order for upcoming set of BD-As. one for
myself and one for my relative. $300+ sounds like lot but it works out to be $18 per disc with highest possible quality of the sound in
surround format, which is a bargain. in such way i do show my support for a format as well as for distribution price policies.
in this particular with TPT i don't know who's behind decision but that's absolutely obvious - main motivation is a greed and not a passion for surround.

if ones willing to support and encourage the greed, they free to do so but it won't make any good neither for format or artists/business

Well, I'm in agreement that this is priced rather unfairly. And as others have said, I'm sure Bruce will read these messages and hopefully give some insight on the reasons for the high-cost when he pops in again. Your choice not to purchase is purely up to you, and I think it's understandable. But, if this thing sells badly, I really don't think it's going to result in the desired effect you're hoping for...

My choice is to support this, with the hope that future releases will be handled differently, i.e. more reasonably priced. If future releases are just as outrageous, however, I might have to reevaluate my dedication...

So far haven't seen the deluxe edition preorder with the Dvda showup anywhere other than BurningShed.
Has anyone seen it for sale any where else yet?

This would be even stranger if it was a BurningShed exclusive as that limits sales even more.

As expensive as this release is, apparently it's supposed to be even higher in price once it's released!

From Burning Shed's page:
Pre-order for 12th August release at this 'early-bird' price of £29.99

:yikes

As expensive as this release is, apparently it's supposed to be even higher in price once it's released!

From Burning Shed's page:
Pre-order for 12th August release at this 'early-bird' price of £29.99

:yikes

Yeah... Love the band, but at this price point, it's a pass :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is more feedback for Bruce. The price point for this release has scared me off. I had every intention of ordering but that changed when I saw that it would come to $43 USD.

I supported Bruce with his solo album and ordered cd/flac, was never disappointed with price or the option to download the 5.1 mix.

I am unable to buy this album at around $60 CAD which is brutally expensive, however don't mind supporting this project if there is a similar option available for $15 or $20. I definitely want to support the band and Bruce on this new album, as long as the option is available.

Why is it so expensive?
It's not a BD...

Who knows? The extra CD, the bigger and more in-depth packaging, and the DVD-A/V authoring costs may all have contributed to the greater price that we see.
Plus the price might be more of the label's doing anyway. You never know how tight Bruce's hands might be tied up in this matter. We shall see...

So... Back on topic now....

I was lucky enough to hear an advanced copy and man it is a pure delight!!! The playing is first rate and the drumming takes things to a whole new level. For me, this ranks right up there with Rob Reed's Sanctuary II as a highlight of my year. Please please please, however this comes out GET IT!!! Highly recommended.

I was lucky enough to hear an advanced copy and man it is a pure delight!!! The playing is first rate and the drumming takes things to a whole new level. For me, this ranks right up there with Rob Reed's Sanctuary II as a highlight of my year. Please please please, however this comes out GET IT!!! Highly recommended.

OK, dammit. I can't resist....I will buy this...even though I think it's high priced. I'm sure it will be fantastic...

I supported Bruce with his solo album and ordered cd/flac, was never disappointed with price or the option to download the 5.1 mix.

I am unable to buy this album at around $60 CAD which is brutally expensive, however don't mind supporting this project if there is a similar option available for $15 or $20. I definitely want to support the band and Bruce on this new album, as long as the option is available.

After shipping, this album will actually cost $75 CDN. Like you, I love Bruce's solo album, and l really want to support this effort. I'd pay CDN$40 for this, but $75 is hard to take.

After shipping, this album will actually cost $75 CDN. I love Bruce's solo album, and l really want to support this effort. I'd pay CDN$40 for this, but $75 is hard to take.

Doh... sorry for the double post.

This is a second endorsement now of how good this one is and that makes it even more puzzling why this one isn't being sold to the masses instead of a limited edition for the DVDA.
This is making it even more frustrating as I will reluctantly(only because of the price) support this one but look in the small sampling at this site already as there are some lost sales because of this expensive exclusive way to get the DVDA.

The other mysterious thing is "Riverside-Love,Fear and the Time Machine" is coming out as a cd\dvd(hopefully DVDA) and Bruce even mixed it for the band, mind you different label,Inside/Out and TPT is on Kscope and this one is coming in at the right price point and should sell way more copies than TPT and I would think they would have similar fan base sizes so why the different treatment, blame it on the label?

peter

Hi Everyone

I've just spoken with my label (Kscope) and the special edition with the DVD-AV and bonus disc will be available worldwide for pre-order very soon, so no need to pay expensive import duty or postage. Sorry this wasn't communicated sooner. As soon as I know the details I'll let you all know here. Also I do sympathise with the comments here about the 5.1 only being available with the special edition, which I have also just had confirmation on from Kscope. When Kscope told me of the three formats (vinyl, standard edition and special edition) I must confess it didn't cross my mind that the price point of the special edition would deter people who just need the 5.1. I'll certainly have this in my mind for future releases.

As someone mentioned on this thread, I worked with Inside Out recently on the special audiophile release of Riverside's 'Love, Fear and the Time Machine', making sure we could get the lossless MLP out there on the DVD-AV (thanks to Neil at Opus) so I hope you get to hear that one. It sounds great!

Cheers

Bruce

Wow! That is incredible news!!! Bruce, a very big thank you!!! And Kscope of course. )) :banana::banana::banana::cool:
Also very excited about Riverside in MLP 5.1. Great news!

Hi Everyone

I've just spoken with my label (Kscope) and the special edition with the DVD-AV and bonus disc will be available worldwide for pre-order very soon, so no need to pay expensive import duty or postage. Sorry this wasn't communicated sooner. As soon as I know the details I'll let you all know here. Also I do sympathise with the comments here about the 5.1 only being available with the special edition, which I have also just had confirmation on from Kscope. When Kscope told me of the three formats (vinyl, standard edition and special edition) I must confess it didn't cross my mind that the price point of the special edition would deter people who just need the 5.1. I'll certainly have this in my mind for future releases.

As someone mentioned on this thread, I worked with Inside Out recently on the special audiophile release of Riverside's 'Love, Fear and the Time Machine', making sure we could get the lossless MLP out there on the DVD-AV (thanks to Neil at Opus) so I hope you get to hear that one. It sounds great!

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce, thanks for looking into this and from what you have said the Dvda will only come in the special edition this time but for your next surround release it should be a cd\dvda format with a better price point.
I was hoping for a cd\dvda this time but will support the special edition as do want to support lossless releases and when its music by people like yourself.
I think most of us here are just regular wage earners and just speaking for myself I do need to watch my spending on this music hobby as putting food on the table is first priority so thats why when seeing the price of this special edition it caught me a little off guard.

I am for sure looking forward to the Riverside you mixed in surround, that will be a buy for sure.

peter

Bruce, thank you for explaining issue.
will Kscope consider to run of regular print CD/DVD-A for this title or will stuck to premium collector edition only?
if no regular print, will be possible for them to go alternate route, by distributing 5.1 version in either flac or .iso?

b.t.w. on Katatonia's "The Fall Of Hearts" 5.1 you did stunning work. only downside that someone decided to downgrade it to lossy DTS,
which is almost crime. that's brilliant mix with it's great dynamic deserves to be lossless.

I definitely will do my best to order both titles (Pineapple Thief and Riverside) as soon as I knock this Chicago purchase out of the way, especially since Bruce is doing his best to so adamantly support DVD-A/V. We need more like him out there fighting the good fight for us against DVD-V and lossy audio codecs! :)

Back