The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone

When Kscope told me of the three formats (vinyl, standard edition and special edition) I must confess it didn't cross my mind that the price point of the special edition would deter people who just need the 5.1.
Bruce

Nice of Bruce to come on here and explain but I'm left feeling somewhat incredulous...At any rate, I feel that supporting this release at such a high price doesn't further the surround movement. What it does do it send a message to the labels that we surround nuts will pay almost anything for this niche product. Higher prices won't result in more nuts buying more surround. And there's only so many nuts to go around:music...But maybe Bruce can get this released without the booklet or something :sun

Thanks Bruce,
we know it is not the artist that decides the price nor the shipping costs. It's just that we had 3 and 4 disc sets for half this price (when including shipping). It is terrific that it will be on DVD-A, I still want it. I will just hold off pre-ordering as for now, still 2 months to go.

Small chance it will be released without the book, unless it completely sells out quickly. After that it might be sold as download, maybe. Anyway, I think we have to support Special Editions to get (more) surround mixes.

edit: I read on the Kscope site: "special deluxe 12” hardback book."
That would explain the very high shipping costs, That way it probably becomes a collectors item that will go for high prices on Ebay. This happened with the Deluxe Steven Wilson editions.

Extended information here (among other places)

Deluxe 12” hardback book featuring:

44 page artwork book
CD 8 track original album with a total playing time of 41.07 minutes.
New bonus 8 Years Later CD
DVD-AV – 8 original tracks hi resolution stereo & 5.1 audio (24/96 MLP Lossless stereo, 24/96 Lossless 5.1 surround, 24/96 PCM stereo & DTS 96/24 5.1 Digital surround) mixed by Bruce Soord.

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce,
we know it is not the artist that decides the price nor the shipping costs. It's just that we had 3 and 4 disc sets for half this price (when including shipping). It is terrific that it will be on DVD-A, I still want it. I will just hold off pre-ordering as for now, still 2 months to go.

Small chance it will be released without the book, unless it completely sells out quickly. After that it might be sold as download, maybe. Anyway, I think we have to support Special Editions to get (more) surround mixes.

edit: I read on the Kscope site: "special deluxe 12” hardback book."
That would explain the very high shipping costs, That way it probably becomes a collectors item that will go for high prices on Ebay. This happened with the Deluxe Steven Wilson editions.

Extended information here (among other places)

Deluxe 12” hardback book featuring:

44 page artwork book
CD 8 track original album with a total playing time of 41.07 minutes.
New bonus 8 Years Later CD
DVD-AV – 8 original tracks hi resolution stereo & 5.1 audio (24/96 MLP Lossless stereo, 24/96 Lossless 5.1 surround, 24/96 PCM stereo & DTS 96/24 5.1 Digital surround) mixed by Bruce Soord.

Interesting. I've been under the impression that this was just a standard size digipack, maybe with a few extra photos or something, which is why the price was so baffling to me. This definitely explains the price and shipping. I'm sure this is going to be a limited press. I wonder how many they're printing.

Well, true to my word, now that Chicago has been paid for, I went ahead and preordered this title from Burning Shed this morning.
Looking forward to getting this DVDA in come August! :)

What's an earbook?
Ask, and ye shall receive:

earbooks_packshot_jazz-instruments_01.png
[h=1]earBOOKS[/h]Sophisticated Coffee Table Books with Music

In the last decades we focused on developing high-quality books with an emphasis on art, design, pop culture and lifestyle. Our speciality is to combine captivating texts with photographs and carefully selected music. Bringing together excellent authors, photographers, musicians and designers allows us to create unique artistic products. In times of progressive digitalization we are proud to present these valuable books with emotional impact.

Hi Everyone

I've just spoken with my label (Kscope) and the special edition with the DVD-AV and bonus disc will be available worldwide for pre-order very soon, so no need to pay expensive import duty or postage. Sorry this wasn't communicated sooner. As soon as I know the details I'll let you all know here. Also I do sympathise with the comments here about the 5.1 only being available with the special edition, which I have also just had confirmation on from Kscope. When Kscope told me of the three formats (vinyl, standard edition and special edition) I must confess it didn't cross my mind that the price point of the special edition would deter people who just need the 5.1. I'll certainly have this in my mind for future releases.

As someone mentioned on this thread, I worked with Inside Out recently on the special audiophile release of Riverside's 'Love, Fear and the Time Machine', making sure we could get the lossless MLP out there on the DVD-AV (thanks to Neil at Opus) so I hope you get to hear that one. It sounds great!

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce - any updates as to when this might be available to order from U.S. retailers? I really want this release, but the shipping cost from Burning Shed makes it a bit expensive. I haven't spotted any other pre-orders yet.

Hi Everyone

I've just spoken with my label (Kscope) and the special edition with the DVD-AV and bonus disc will be available worldwide for pre-order very soon, so no need to pay expensive import duty or postage. Sorry this wasn't communicated sooner. As soon as I know the details I'll let you all know here. Also I do sympathise with the comments here about the 5.1 only being available with the special edition, which I have also just had confirmation on from Kscope. When Kscope told me of the three formats (vinyl, standard edition and special edition) I must confess it didn't cross my mind that the price point of the special edition would deter people who just need the 5.1. I'll certainly have this in my mind for future releases.

As someone mentioned on this thread, I worked with Inside Out recently on the special audiophile release of Riverside's 'Love, Fear and the Time Machine', making sure we could get the lossless MLP out there on the DVD-AV (thanks to Neil at Opus) so I hope you get to hear that one. It sounds great!

Cheers

Bruce

Has anyone seen this for sale any where else yet?
Now only one month till release date and I can still only find this at BurningShed.
BurningShed is a great place to order from but limiting a limited release to only one site is not a very good sales strategy in my books.

peter

It's $48 from LaserCDs. (Not exactly a cakewalk…)

And the Facebook message from Bruce:
Hello everyone! I've just been told the 3 disc deluxe edition of our new album is now available in the USA. This has my 5.1 mix plus the exclusive '8 Years Later' bonus disc. Thanks all!

Looks like for USA you have an answer as Bruce tweeted today that you can order from here, I can't check it from work as site blocked but this is site:

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/your-wilderness-preorder-3-disc-earbook-edition

To Canada, LaserCD is charging $15 shipping. So, that's USD$63, which is CDN$82. Wow!!

It is actually cheaper to order from Burning Shed with shipping to Canada. 30GBP + 10.5GBP (shipping) works out to CDN$70. Both very expensive, but Burning Shed will be cheaper. Also, I think Canada Post is less likely to charge duty/taxes on shipments from the UK. I was never charged taxes and duties on any of the Steven Wilson deluxe books.

To Canada, LaserCD is charging $15 shipping. So, that's USD$63, which is CDN$82. Wow!!

It is actually cheaper to order from Burning Shed with shipping to Canada. 30GBP + 10.5GBP (shipping) works out to CDN$70. Both very expensive, but Burning Shed will be cheaper. Also, I think Canada Post is less likely to charge duty/taxes on shipments from the UK. I was never charged taxes and duties on any of the Steven Wilson deluxe books.

Good to know, will keep my preorder with BurningShed. Wow that was good that you got your SW deluxe books through with no extra duty. Many years ago I sent a email reply to BurningShed asking them to please not include their shipping price in total price that they slap on outside of parcels and they did make a change after that as I got burned on a Porcupine Tree album order from them and had to pay duty on just a one disk order.

By the way I did reply to Bruce Soord tweet with 'What about Canada?
Always USA is thought of, what about Canada,EH, don't think he will reply as we are only the poor cousin of both USA and England but thought it was worth a try.

Good to know, will keep my preorder with BurningShed. Wow that was good that you got your SW deluxe books through with no extra duty. Many years ago I sent a email reply to BurningShed asking them to please not include their shipping price in total price that they slap on outside of parcels and they did make a change after that as I got burned on a Porcupine Tree album order from them and had to pay duty on just a one disk order.

By the way I did reply to Bruce Soord tweet with 'What about Canada?
Always USA is thought of, what about Canada,EH, don't think he will reply as we are only the poor cousin of both USA and England but thought it was worth a try.

Yeah, Canada is just not a big enough market to get special treatment. I can't fault Bruce for that. But, it is good to let him know we exist :)

I have never been charged any duty or taxes on any order from Burning Shed, and I have every "special" edition SW has ever released. Perhaps I've just been lucky. Maybe it is because I live in Ottawa, LOL. Now watch me get dinged on the next order.... :yikes

For those who know this band very well...I love What We Have Sown (wish it were in surround!). Which recording should I grab next?

Variations on a Dream and Tightly Unwound are personal favorites of mine. Little Man is very good also.

IMO, Variations is the album that TPT sort of came into their own, and really exemplified their sound. I sort of consider it TPT's "In Absentia", in that sense. It's the album I almost always recommend to newcomers (it's also the first one I ever listened to, so I might be a bit partial to it for that reason). It has excellent song craft, very catchy melodies, very accessible to the non-prog listeners, but still retains plenty of ambitious, experimental elements to please the progheads. It's a good one and I'm really hoping for an eventual 5.1 release. :)

Back