The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Little Man is my favorite, with Tighly Unwound and Someone Here Is Missing close after. 10Stories Down is great too, including the bonus disc.

I only discovered TPT through Tightly Unwound and I only bought that because I got a signed copy from Burning Shed i believe. never heard of them before then. happy to have found them though and looking forward to this.

You should check their last record as of today: Magnolia. It happens to be my favourite and does not sound as compressed as its predecessors (at least on vinyl)

According to burningshed's facebook post, preorders start shipping monday. Can't wait :)

Cool, I am really looking forward to this one as well as really liked Bruce's solo album and artistically he seems to not have peaked yet, so should be good.

Wonder how many copies they pressed of the limited deluxe as when checking BurningShed this is what it says for deluxe now:

CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - MORE COPIES COMING SOON

Even though I still disagree that this is only way to get the Dvda as I think they could have done the deluxe and sold it out and than still gotten more sales from the cheaper package as it seems to be doing very well for King Crimson to offer surround stuff in both the deluxe format(boxset) and more scaled down cd\dvda choice.

Cool, I am really looking forward to this one as well as really liked Bruce's solo album and artistically he seems to not have peaked yet, so should be good.

Wonder how many copies they pressed of the limited deluxe as when checking BurningShed this is what it says for deluxe now:

CURRENTLY SOLD OUT - MORE COPIES COMING SOON

Even though I still disagree that this is only way to get the Dvda as I think they could have done the deluxe and sold it out and than still gotten more sales from the cheaper package as it seems to be doing very well for King Crimson to offer surround stuff in both the deluxe format(boxset) and more scaled down cd\dvda choice.

Not sure, but the same facebook post also mentioned it was "selling fast". Hopefully, if it sells out quickly, Kscope will feel inclined to do another release in standard packaging, for those here who held off.

Bruce Soord tweet today,"I'm just about to settle down with the wife to listen to 'Your Wilderness'. It's been a while, checking if it's still good..."

I would be floored if my copy was waiting for me today when I get home from work but it probably won't arrive for another week or two.

Anyone get their copy yet?

From SHF, Richard A, says" Resurrecting an old thread I know, but I'm currently listening to The Pineapple Thief's new album Your Wilderness and I'm very happy to report that it's superb. After just one listen I'd say it's up there with their best work. Congratulations to Bruce Soord and the band. Plus the album sounds superb, beautifully clear and full of dynamics, a terrific job."

Doesn't say 5.1 but still good to hear that dynamics are good and Bruce did say he was going for better dynamics on this recording.

There is also this review for album here:

http://www.heavymusichq.com/pineapple-thief-wilderness-review/

Mine just showed up! Surprised it showed up this soon since it just barely shipped on Monday. Really wasn't expecting it to show up until the end of next week, so nice surprise :) It's a very nice, high quality book. Not quite as thick as the SW deluxe editions, but a very nice overall package and will look nice on the shelf. It's going have to wait until tonight for a listen.

Mine just showed up! Surprised it showed up this soon since it just barely shipped on Monday. Really wasn't expecting it to show up until the end of next week, so nice surprise :) It's a very nice, high quality book. Not quite as thick as the SW deluxe editions, but a very nice overall package and will look nice on the shelf. It's going have to wait until tonight for a listen.

You guys in Utah have good postal service getting this ahead of everyone else.
So did you listen to this last night, whats the verdict?

You guys in Utah have good postal service getting this ahead of everyone else.
So did you listen to this last night, whats the verdict?

Didn't have a chance to get to this last night, but I just finished up my first listen, and well... it's really, really good. I think I might just give it another listen here in a bit. I absolutely loved it, and even after just one listen, I'm almost tempted to say that it's one their best. Gavin's drumming was, of course, phenomenal, but it really just brings so much to TPT's music. As for the mix and sound quality, it's absolutely stunning. Very dynamic, lush, very aggressive. I'm going to go ahead and say, it's probably his best mix yet. I know it's a little bit of a pricey package, but those who held off are missing out on something special.

dammit, dammit, dammit! I had originally decided it was too much money....only to sneak back to burning shed to take a look again. So, with shipping to us it's $52.25!!! That really is just too much money for a new release. Ugh...I just can't bring myself to spend that much money...can I??

Need...more...time...to...weaken....

:violin

dammit, dammit, dammit! I had originally decided it was too much money....only to sneak back to burning shed to take a look again. So, with shipping to us it's $52.25!!! That really is just too much money for a new release. Ugh...I just can't bring myself to spend that much money...can I??

Need...more...time...to...weaken....

:violin

I hear you and agree its pricey for something that people like us when all we want is the 5.1 to listen to. The cd included will get no playing time and the bonus disc maybe one or two listens, booklet look at once or twice.
You are fortunate its only $52 as for me cost $72 Canadian and my job is not a very high paying so it was a real tough one to decide to order.
What made me decide was that it is something NEW versus all these older recordings coming out, will probably get more playing time than other surround choices coming out as its a DVDA so car and home listening time and does not appear there is any other way to get the 5.1 which is sad as it really should have been sold as a cd\dvda as well as the deluxe package, would have been a WIN/WIN as more sales, there's always some hard core fans that will want the deluxe package and some of us here are in the hardcore fan base but I would venture to guess most here are general fans of many bands so don't price us out of the market as we would like to give every band a chance for our hard earned dollars.
For me buying this meant passing on a few Audio Fidelity coming out.

I hear you and agree its pricey for something that people like us when all we want is the 5.1 to listen to. The cd included will get no playing time and the bonus disc maybe one or two listens, booklet look at once or twice.
You are fortunate its only $52 as for me cost $72 Canadian and my job is not a very high paying so it was a real tough one to decide to order.
What made me decide was that it is something NEW versus all these older recordings coming out, will probably get more playing time than other surround choices coming out as its a DVDA so car and home listening time and does not appear there is any other way to get the 5.1 which is sad as it really should have been sold as a cd\dvda as well as the deluxe package, would have been a WIN/WIN as more sales, there's always some hard core fans that will want the deluxe package and some of us here are in the hardcore fan base but I would venture to guess most here are general fans of many bands so don't price us out of the market as we would like to give every band a chance for our hard earned dollars.
For me buying this meant passing on a few Audio Fidelity coming out.

Wise words Peter. I know I will regret if I don't purchase....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise words Peter. I know I will regret if I don't purchase....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you will :) Or, as soon as you order, the cheaper cd/dvda version you're hoping for will get announced, as that's the way it usually goes. You might regret it then ;)

Anyway, if you were a fan of Bruce's solo album, then this is an absolute must-buy.

Back