The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to complain on the poll thread...but I have a serious bitch. I received The Pineapple Thief deluxe box today. The very first thing that totally pisses me off is that the 3 discs simply do not stay locked in their "place". No matter what I do - when I open the book, each of the discs fall out of their position. Meaning, they don't stay locked where they should be. Really? For all the money I spent, each time I open the book, I have to chase the discs and put them back in their place? Jesus.

Also - the book. Wow! While, it's nice, it has absolutely NO value to me at all. I'm paying a premium for a bunch of pages of meaningless photos? WTF?? Am I pissed about this? Yep. I'm sure the music is great, but good God....what a train wreck in terms of value. UGH. This might be the last time I reach out to pay money for something that I only want the 5.1.

Rant over.....maybe...yes, this is my fault...I chose to purchase this. But, I'm done....funding those that don't give me great value.

I didn't want to complain on the poll thread...but I have a serious bitch. I received The Pineapple Thief deluxe box today. The very first thing that totally pisses me off is that the 3 discs simply do not stay locked in their "place". No matter what I do - when I open the book, each of the discs fall out of their position. Meaning, they don't stay locked where they should be. Really? For all the money I spent, each time I open the book, I have to chase the discs and put them back in their place? Jesus.

Also - the book. Wow! While, it's nice, it has absolutely NO value to me at all. I'm paying a premium for a bunch of pages of meaningless photos? WTF?? Am I pissed about this? Yep. I'm sure the music is great, but good God....what a train wreck in terms of value. UGH. This might be the last time I reach out to pay money for something that I only want the 5.1.

Rant over.....maybe...yes, this is my fault...I chose to purchase this. But, I'm done....funding those that don't give me great value.

Take comfort in knowing the next Tull re-issue is coming soon. Now thar be value matey.

Take comfort in knowing the next Tull re-issue is coming soon. Now thar be value matey.

That's even more true IMHO for releases like "Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "Skylarking", both of which will be here even sooner! :)

LOL! All very true. Guess I was just in a foul mood last night after opening the THIEF deluxe and all the discs fell out. I'm sure once I listen to it I will be in a better mood. And yes, both of those are on order and I will be happy for the amazing value...and sound!! :)

EDIT - oops, actually I have all 3 mentioned above on order and will be here!! Awesome...

LOL! All very true. Guess I was just in a foul mood last night after opening the THIEF deluxe and all the discs fell out. I'm sure once I listen to it I will be in a better mood. And yes, both of those are on order and I will be happy for the amazing value...and sound!! :)

EDIT - oops, actually I have all 3 mentioned above on order and will be here!! Awesome...

Also, just for the record, the issue with the PT discs and packaging might just be with your copy, Gene. When I received mine in the mail, the discs were perfectly secure in their placeholders, and you are actually the first person that seems to have an issue with having secured discs in the set.
Maybe you could contact Burning Shed about replacing your current copy with another one, just a thought. :)

That's even more true IMHO for releases like "Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "Skylarking", both of which will be here even sooner! :)

Also, just for the record, the issue with the PT discs and packaging might just be with your copy, Gene. When I received mine in the mail, the discs were perfectly secure in their placeholders, and you are actually the first person that seems to have an issue with having secured discs in the set.
Maybe you could contact Burning Shed about replacing your current copy with another one, just a thought. :)

Huh, well maybe it is just mine. I looked at it again this morning before I left for work and there is no doubt that the little spindles do not secure the discs at all. You don't hear that "click" when you try to press them on. I will probably just put them in their own jackets and lay them in the book I suppose.

Well I had a similar problem. The 2 cd"s were attached ok but the dvd was loose. I can't get it to stay put, so I switched one of the cd's with the dvd.

Loving this album (my first time listening to TPT). What would people recommend next from the past albums?

I see on the DR database that pretty much all the other albums are quite compressed which is a shame as the new one is greatly dynamic.

Loving this album (my first time listening to TPT). What would people recommend next from the past albums?

I see on the DR database that pretty much all the other albums are quite compressed which is a shame as the new one is greatly dynamic.

Try Magnolia on vinyl. Quite different from this one, but a damn good record nonetheless!

Little Man is a favourite of mine, so it Tightly Unwound (has great bonus tracks as well) Lets hope Bruce will want to remix the catalogue into 5.1 with more dynamic range, as Your Wilderness sounds excellent.

So, after some bitching from me about the price, relative to what I'm getting and or care about....finally listened to the album all the way through. Eh....

IT'S WONDERFUL! Sounds excellent, quiet moments build into mid-tempo rocking. This band sounds tight and the lyrics seem sad/angry...maybe about a recent breakup or something. I detect no compression at all (my ears don't I mean) and it really can crank if you want it to. Easy 9 for me....maybe 9+

My favorites are Tightly Unwound and Someone Here Is Missing. The original mix/master of the former is not as loud as the rerelease, but neither version is very dynamic.

Has anyone heard marvin ayres - harmogram suite (5.1)? I Listened to clips on youtube, but I'm curious how it sounds in 5.1? Can be found on Burning Shed.

I can't even remember what it sounds like, I'll give it another listen to whilst reading the Sunday paper, and report back.

Has anyone heard marvin ayres - harmogram suite (5.1)? I Listened to clips on youtube, but I'm curious how it sounds in 5.1? Can be found on Burning Shed.

As I continue to explore the back catalogue of this, my new band obsession...can any of you wise ones clue me in on essential remixed reissues (or original different mixes)? It looks like Kscope is reissuing one or two more titles in the next few weeks...

And their site says a tour is in the offing!:banana:

Back