Hong Kong Warner Music's turn to release an English language compilation SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
"The Best of Folk Songs"

Track listing:

01. Bread - If
02. Cliff Richards & The Shadows - Evergreen Tree
03. The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
04. England Dan & John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
05. Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
06. The Seekers - Blowin' In The Wind
07. The Monkees - I Wanna Be Free
08. Seals & Crofts - Windflowers
09. LeBlanc & Carr - Falling
10. Judy Collins - In My Life
11. New Strangers - One Tin Soldier
12. Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
13. Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
14. Dan Seals - Lullaby
15. Peter & Gordon - Five Hundred Miles
16. Harry Chapin - Cats In The Cradle

As usual, the SACD can be ordered from yesasia.com

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-best-of-folk-songs-sacd-hybrid/1049899668-0-0-0-en/info.html

Or hifi-cd.com

http://www.hifi-cd.com/en/product/item/26473/product_detail.html

stereo-only? I sadly presume yes.... and would love to be proved wrong.

It certainly has a variety of music styles...that Everly Brothers song is from 1958...love Year Of The Cat...If you could read my mind...cat's in the cradle...love me some Seals and Crofts...

It certainly has a variety of music styles...that Everly Brothers song is from 1958...love Year Of The Cat...If you could read my mind...cat's in the cradle...love me some Seals and Crofts...

Just a heads up on the Everly Brothers "All I Have To Do Is Dream". Yes it was originally released on Cadence in 1958; however, this song was re-recorded by the Everly Brothers for the Warner Bros 1964 album release "The Very Best of Everly Brothers". The SACD may contain the 1964 Warner version. The Cadence release is a classic.

The Everly re-recordings are great in and of themselves. Not to knock the originals, but the Warner re-recordings are great performances, with Chet Atkins providing some excellent guitar, and the brothers are in great voice, a little more mature sounding, but I really like these, which I usually hate redos.

A new HK Warner Music compilation in English was released last month....

30271219194_03e6da23bd.jpg

30604377680_4735c9225e.jpg

I have bought this and just played it through the first time (CD layer only). Most of the tracks appear to be the well-known versions but it sounds to me like Al Stewart's Year of the Cat is not the single version, although nothing in the booklet indicates the source of the track. Anyone else here get this yet and can comment on this? Overall, it's all stereo and a pretty good set of tracks, but I wouldn't be able to comment on the SACD sound quality until some time after the holidays.

Back