Beck, Bogert & Appice in SACD Surround Sound from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every night before I retire I thank my lucky stars for AF's SACD QUAD program and will look forward to more releases from AF in the coming years even though they'll be more curtailed. And when you behold what SONY Japan is charging for the BECK QUADs (MORE than double what we pay for AF QUADS in the States), one can further appreciate AF's brief but consistent dedication to what we all know to be a niche market.

I suppose we all knew that this 'party' couldn't go on forever and the fact that AF released roughly 30 SACDs (with a FEW more coming), BRAVO again to Marhsall Blonstein and Company (including of course THE multichannel maven) for their concerted efforts in bringing these titles to fruition.

With the upcoming Laura Nyro and L&M Full Sail Quads, it's bittersweet for me, as well, as these were two VERY sought after titles I have been patiently awaiting for over 45 years.

I think that with a slower release scheduled 4.0 SACDs from AF, the party can go on forever, not not really, but it can go on longer if they are going slower with those surround releases. I am under the impression that the paper work has been submitted, and that some requests are likely still pending a reply. Other requests likely have been approved. So they might have 15 or 20 titles approved, and now must decide on what are the strongest ones, and then space out those strongest ones over a longer period of time. I know of a rock title AF wanted to do, and it was from a (previously) very agreeable label, and artist. I can't imagine they giving up on such a nice A-List title now.

I think that with a slower release scheduled 4.0 SACDs from AF, the party can go on forever, not not really, but it can go on longer if they are going slower with those surround releases. I am under the impression that the paper work has been submitted, and that some requests are likely still pending a reply. Other requests likely have been approved. So they might have 15 or 20 titles approved, and now must decide on what are the strongest ones, and then space out those strongest ones over a longer period of time. I know of a rock title AF wanted to do, and it was from a (previously) very agreeable label, and artist. I can't imagine they giving up on such a nice A-List title now.

Quicksrt, are you at liberty to divulge the A~list Rock title that might show up as a future AF QUAD or 5.1 SACD?

Yeah, I know we'll get some more surround titles from AF just not the two or so a month that flowed like honey for the past two years.

And hopefully, UK's Dutton Vocalion will also release some more Quad 2~fers but I don't expect them to be A list or rock titles......but better than nothing.

Quicksrt, are you at liberty to divulge the A~list Rock title that might show up as a future AF QUAD or 5.1 SACD?

Yeah, I know we'll get some more surround titles from AF just not the two or so a month that flowed like honey for the past two years.

And hopefully, UK's Dutton Vocalion will also release some more Quad 2~fers but I don't expect them to be A list or rock titles......but better than nothing.

No, I really can't. But I am wondering, like every day, if it is the one to be announced soon. I'd like to be surprised and it not be the one I know about.

No, I really can't. But I am wondering, like every day, if it is the one to be announced soon. I'd like to be surprised and it not be the one I know about.

Bmoura did mention that AF was in negotiations with an artist/label to remix a title in 5.1 from scratch. Surprise, surprise!

I am under the impression that they do not keep running off runs, but actually hope to sell out on a title within 2-3 years, and be on to the next title. Everything they do is a limited edition.

That's correct. The licensing agreements have a limited time span. Two to three years is pretty much in line with the agreements.
So regardless of sales, the limited edition sales will end when the agreement period is up.

Wee, Monsieur......but he went on to say that everything from the title selected to the remixing will be at the discretion of the artist and/or label.
that's a wise step. i just hope artist do not belong to some exotic niche genre.

I'm currently listening to the LOSSY DTS 5.1 (or is it 4.0?) of Beck, Bogert & Appice. Wildly discrete. Cannot wait for the SONY SACD 4.0.

It's Short.....but SWEET!

I'm gently bringing this thread back on track by simply saying that I've just placed my pre-order with CDJapan. I'm really excited about this release. :)

I am too, based on how good the Blow By Blow SACD(s) sound apparently coming from a 44.1kHz digital master I expect the BBA SACD will be a marked improvement over the DTS CD.

I hope that this trend of Sony digging up old digital transfers continues as well - there are plenty of old DTS CD's that could use the sonic upgrade, not to mention whatever Sony is sitting on that never made it out on either DTS CD or SACD.

Also, this new BBA SACD may not be cheap in the scheme of things but the DTS CD isn't that cheap anymore, making the new SACD all the more welcome!

That said, I'd rather Sony do a Rough & Ready Quad SACD next than revisit any other DTS CDs etc but still..! :D

Also, this new BBA SACD may not be cheap in the scheme of things but the DTS CD isn't that cheap anymore, making the new SACD all the more welcome!

That said, I'd rather Sony do a Rough & Ready Quad SACD next than revisit any other DTS CDs etc but still..! :D

I'm as ROUGH and READY as you are mate for that to transpire, as well.

As important I feel it is to support the efforts of small reissue labels, I also find that it is equally important to show Sony Japan that they have supporters outside of Japan willing to pay more for a a release such as this one. The name Sony may be there, but I view Sony Japan in the same way as I doubt a release like this one will sell over 5000 copies, especially at this price point.

As important I feel it is to support the efforts of small reissue labels, I also find that it is equally important to show Sony Japan that they have supporters outside of Japan willing to pay more for a a release such as this one. The name Sony may be there, but I view Sony Japan in the same way as I doubt a release like this one will sell over 5000 copies, especially at this price point.

Yep! It's all about the sales :upthumb

It is nice that Sony Japan is keeping an eye on what is going on with AF and AP so far are reissuing SACDs that include 4.0 layer. And the Chicago box out on Warner/Rhino did not go un-noticed by the Japanese, nope not a chance.

So this makes them think about things that they could do with the Sony vaults, Like a Santana box, or at least a
"Lotus" mini-LP with 4.0 all mastered nicely on BluRay. That is why I would have rather not heard about AF slowing down on releases in 4.0 just yet. Since Sony Japan are watching them closely, and catching the 4.0 buzz, I want them to go hog wild with some quad and mini-LP box sets.

It's a lot easier to get a title out on any format you wish, when your parent company in Japan own the entire corporation. They don't have to worry about what MFSL has done, or apparently what anyone else has just issued.

Let's hope this quad gold rush is sustained.

Ok, this is going to make so many of you very happy. Check this out: https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Bogert-Appice-Multi-Ch-Hybrid/dp/B01GEWJ8CI/

The cover and packshot for this SACD:
81YOqRZZkuL._SL1418_.jpg

71N0YYv2XUL._SL1500_.jpg

This thing has QUADRAPHONIC written all over it! Hell yeah! Guess "Quadraphonic" isn't that dirty of a word anymore… :) :banana:

Oh, and here's the cover and packshot for the Japanese SACD of "The Jeff Beck Group" album:

71pPoC%2Bo9uL._SL1418_.jpg

71oWSEEXPCL._SL1500_.jpg

Once again, "QUADRAPHONIC" is emblazoned all over this disc. How cool is that?! :) :banana:

Ok, this is going to make so many of you very happy. Check this out: https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Bogert-Appice-Multi-Ch-Hybrid/dp/B01GEWJ8CI/

The cover and packshot for this SACD:
81YOqRZZkuL._SL1418_.jpg

71N0YYv2XUL._SL1500_.jpg

This thing has QUADRAPHONIC written all over it! Hell yeah! Guess "Quadraphonic" isn't that dirty of a word anymore… :) :banana:

Simply BEAUTIFUL, rt. Thanks for sharing. Am really looking forward to this one! Seems SONY Japan has been reenergized by the QUADRAPHONIC Logo. Keep 'em comin' cause I'll keep buyin'

So can we have Beck, Bogert & Appice LIVE, Rough and Ready and Wired NEXT [ALL were remixed to QUAD]?

Back