The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project Live In Colombia Blu Ray 5.1 DTS HD MA coming June

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Amazon preorder here;

http://www.amazon.com/The-Alan-Pars...65953&creativeASIN=B01D5KI4M2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

f613dc538f99e22006f190d7dd95e8dd.jpg
3b037f1018425d449a58153569e1ed3c.jpg

Hey, isn't the singer one of Steven Wilson's roadies? I saw him on The Raven That Refused To Sing documentary messin' around in the studio... :slap: :banana:

Has anyone got this blu ray yet and can comment on the sound quality?

I can say that the 2.0 mix is stunning and is an absolute must have. Although Ian Bairnson's unique "electrifying" guitar tone is sorely missed. The stand-in guitarist does well but his tone is muddier than Ian's. The orchestra performs note for note and adds awesome dynamic range to the performance. Every song is executed marvelously, except for "Eye In The Sky" where Alan himself sings. His voice is so meek it sounds like a sing-a-long at a Colsky's favorite West End Pub. :confused: :violin

I lived in Colombia in 2006 & 2007. Prog artists toured South America at that time but avoided Colombia. Its great to see Colombia is back on the map as far as international acts who will perform there. :smokin

This has been out in AU for a couple of weeks and finally found it in stock. The surrounds have plenty of music, not just crowd noise. Some discrete moments too, definitely not a reverb only mix from just a short skip/listen to various tracks.

I haven't listened on my main system yet but on my PC sounds like it will be very nice. Good bass and low frequency all around.

The video is quite good but not among 'the best' for blu-ray - still much better than DVD though and above average for a concert as its a well lighted stage.

Recommended!

This has been out in AU for a couple of weeks and finally found it in stock. The surrounds have plenty of music, not just crowd noise. Some discrete moments too, definitely not a reverb only mix from just a short skip/listen to various tracks.

I haven't listened on my main system yet but on my PC sounds like it will be very nice. Good bass and low frequency all around.

The video is quite good but not among 'the best' for blu-ray - still much better than DVD though and above average for a concert as its a well lighted stage.

Recommended!

Thanks for your thoughts Homey ;)

Back