EASTER EGGS IN SURROUND

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Don't know if a thread similarly exists .....so I thought it might be a good idea, as it's always fun to find bonus surround music.

So 4 all us fans of surround let's list what we know, and possibly how we can find these hidden jems.:D:banana:

pics are optional.

Sleuthing der fridge (er, I mean fizz)

Alan Parsons-A Valid Path (dualdisc, dts, DD5.1) on the Immergent label. (Silverline)

20160524_201037.jpg

Go to menu...hit Special Features...then enter on "Discography".....click through to each disc pictured, but page up on; The Time Machine .It will first form a gold border around the album cover, click(enter)...and viola !! one song will play with dvd video in DOLBY 5.1.

20160524_201153.jpg20160524_201145.jpg

There is one more.....but alas...only dd2ch.on Try Anything Once.

20160524_201309.jpg

My favorite Easter Egg is on disc 2 of The Who - The Kids Are Alright (Special Edition - must be the 2 disc version for obvious reasons). There is a trivia quiz game called "It's Hard" and the prize for getting all the correct answers is a 5.1 mix of the single studio track "Who Are You," which is an excellent mix! The contest is interesting, but if you just want to cut to the chase and play the song you can highlight the quiz on the menu (but do not select it), and then press the left arrow select on your remote 6 times, and the track will play. In fact this is my favorite Who surround mix of all current releases.

Well,

I suppose Pink Floyd-Early Years Bluray, cd, dvd and vinyl 65-72

MEDDLE in 5.1 blu-ray (71 edition) . Now this is the Easter Egg of the Millennium I would assume.:banana:

This is a great idea for a thread.

Not as much of a secret, but the DVD-V of Simon Rattle's Mahler 5th Symphony with the Berlin Philharmonic includes a bonus DVD-Audio with the entire program in two different high-res surround mixes - it's not marketed as a DVD-Audio so it's easy to miss.

Back