HiRez Poll Wakeman, Rick - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Rick Wakeman - JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters
My Akai R2R plays all four channels in one direction, but I never ran across a commercial tape in that format. Were many albums released that way? I never really looked though because until home theater, I had no way to play surround.

Yes absolutely, I wouldn't say many but there's (or at least there was at one time) a number of great sounding Q4 conversions out there (Moody Blues Quads, Doobies Quads, America, Allman Brothers, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Bread, Doors, Bette Midler, Al Green, Jethro Tull, etc..) among them there was an Aretha Franklin Best Of Quad from consumer reel to DVD-A (Romanotrax?) for example, which was right up there with the commercially released Quadio DVD imho.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm assuming the Stereo DVD~As of all three Wakeman releases were mastered from the original analogue masters and DO sound SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Yes, AFAIK all of the Rick Wakeman CDs and DVD-A/V stereo mixes are remastered from the original stereo master tape. :)

Baggy gonna go ahead and rate this piglette an "8".
Mix is great. Music is... musical. And silly and stuff. And cool, one guesses. In a g33ky way. Whatevs.
Anyhoo. There is some hiss during really quiet parts. Ho-hum.
It is super-cool that our very own AoQ offered up the Q8 tape for this! At the currently offered price this is definitely worth it!

Back