King Crimson "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" in 5.1 DVD-A in October 2016

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Just read this here:

https://www.facebook.com/swremixes/...if_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1464278417239480

:)

"DGM have confirmed the next releases in its celebrated King Crimson 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A series for an October release. 'Beat' (1982) and 'Three of a Perfect Pair' (1984) have been remixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound by SW with Robert Fripp.

Confirmation of full track listing / contents and a pre-sale announcement will follow in the next two weeks. Please note that all material on both titles will also be a part of a forthcoming King Crimson boxed set - "On and Off The Road 1981-1984", also due for release in October 2016
."

Oh yeah! I wondered why there wasn't a post already - I did search!

Admins - feel free to delete this. :)

No worries! Even though I created that thread several months ago, even I had to search for it, cause I couldn't remember if there was a dedicated thread for these releases already! :confused: ;) :banana:

https://www.facebook.com/swremixes/...er¬if_t=notify_me_page¬if_id=1464278417239480

"DGM have confirmed the next releases in its celebrated King Crimson 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A series for an October release. 'Beat' (1982) and 'Three of a Perfect Pair' (1984) have been remixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound by SW with Robert Fripp.

Confirmation of full track listing / contents and a pre-sale announcement will follow in the next two weeks. Please note that all material on both titles will also be a part of a forthcoming King Crimson boxed set - "On and Off The Road 1981-1984", also due for release in October 2016
."

Thanks Neil, :)

I can't wait for Three of a Perfect Pair. This is fantastic news indeed. I wonder what the hold-up was?

First scans of the newest King Crimson CD/DVDA-V releases!

1 Beat Front.jpg
2 Beat Back.jpg
3 Three of a Perfect Pair Front.jpg
4 Three of a Perfect Pair Back.jpg

:)

Ok, obviously I don't know about the sample rates on the Blu-Rays because I don't have the box set yet, but here's the sample rate breakdown for these DVDs:

On "Beat": the 5.1 surround mix, new stereo mix, and alternate album are all at 48kHz 24 bit. The 30th anniversary remaster is 96kHz 24 bit.
On "Three of a Perfect Pair", everything is at 48kHz 24 bit.

Wonder why they are only 48k, does anybody know whether the blu rays will be too?

Not sure if I am able to hear the difference between MLP 24/48 and 24/96, but it is not good that again the info on the release differs from the actual content (difference between text and the table on the back). Come on people at Panygeric, you release such high quality products, dont mess it up.

And why DTS in only 24/48? That is a step back from the DTS 96/24.

Oh there's definitely typos.
The back of the "Beat" slipcase and booklet does not indicate that the remastered original mix is 96 kHz.
Plus, the back of the TOAPP slipcase indicates there is 96/24 stereo material when there is none. (The booklet however correctly lists all material as being at 48 kHz.)
Of course, this is all small potatoes, and I cannot believe we are actually discussing this...

What's the coolest thing I discovered while listening to both of these last night? Why the extended version of "Requiem", of course!
The original was 6:37 in length, while the new extended version stretches out to 12:11 and it sound fantastic!

Other than that, everyone will have to wait until I do another listen to both of them to formulate a proper review. :)

Oh there's definitely typos.

Off with the testers' heads I say. Oops, sorry, wrong forum :couch

I'm really looking forward to the extended Requiem. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until the release over here, but in the meantime I'm told that Skylarking and A Headful of Dreams blurays have arrived today at home :), and of course I'm still enthralled by the Tales From Topographic Oceans release :banana:

To date, I hadn't ordered either of these. I've only heard the 70's version of KC. Hmmmm. [emoji28]

GOS, Did you not buy the 40th Anniversary edition of Discipline!?! If not, stop what you are doing at this moment and buy it!

Discipline is likely the best of the 80s KC albums, and SW did an amazing job of the surround mix. The fidelity is also stunning.

Back