Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" on Stereo Hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait for sound quality reviews before I buy.
And a "Stoughton tip on gatefold jacket"?
Not real clear on what that is. Hope they are talking about an LP release with that.
I'd be happier with a Super Jewel Box for the SACD

Meatloaf is one artist I simply never cared for. Even if this were multi-channel...I'd probably pass. But, for those who do like him, I'm sure this will sound pretty good.

I'll wait for sound quality reviews before I buy.
And a "Stoughton tip on gatefold jacket"?
Not real clear on what that is. Hope they are talking about an LP release with that.
I'd be happier with a Super Jewel Box for the SACD

I interpret the packaging to be the same utilized by MoFi for their SACD releases. Probably NO SACD jewel case (bummer!)

http://analogspark.com/products/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-sacd-coming-soon?variant=21660392199

Ironically, Analog Sparks only other SACD release The Sound of Music [OSR] did come in an SACD jewel case.

well he's out of tune ...most of the time.. sort of like the naked Gun movie where Frank Drebbin has to sing the national anthem

try about 5.39 onwards to about 6.39...but you could go on for more freightening vocals

well he's out of tune ...most of the time.. sort of like the naked Gun movie where Frank Drebbin has to sing the national anthem

try about 5.39 onwards to about 6.39...but you could go on for more freightening vocals

It was hard to tell from the audio. But I will admit he has NO stage presence......totally devoid of charisma.

Bat Out Of Hell has sold more than 43 million copies worldwide and continues to sell 200,000 copies a year.

What I find funny about Meat Loaf is his name. But I suppose it's better than Pork Rind.

And did you know that Meat Loaf was in David Fincher's FIGHT CLUB....and has been featured in over 50 motion pictures and numerous TV shows. Well, I guess he has a little charisma.

Last edited:
Meatloaf is one artist I simply never cared for. Even if this were multi-channel...I'd probably pass. But, for those who do like him, I'm sure this will sound pretty good.
Meatloaf is not about Meatloaf, it's about Jim Steinman songs.

Both Bat Out of Hell and Dead Ringer are to die for. And Original Sin by Pandora's Box is another significant JS opus as a whole. Add a couple of super hit singles by other artists, specially It's All Coming Back to Me Now by Celine Dion (believe it or not, he even worked with Barbra S.), and Steinman is arguably one of the top composers in rock.

Andrew Lloyd Weber would have killed to be the composer of IACBTMN.

There is a mch SACD of BatOoH.

...and... how is it my good man?

Well, honestly I have never been a Meatloaf fan, too much opera like. I would classify it as an average SACD. I would bet the original RBCD would be adequate but there moments, piano, dueling vocals that are quite excellent . The Listening

Well, honestly I have never been a Meatloaf fan, too much opera like. I would classify it as an average SACD. I would bet the original RBCD would be adequate but there moments, piano, dueling vocals that are quite excellent . The Listening

thanks Markie.. may just have to get this :)

Back