Djabe - Ly-O-Lay Ale Loya - 2016 edition (DVD-Audio/Video)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I LOVE Djabe but they're hard to find on physical disc. Tried the Steve Hackett connection but to NO avail. AmazonUS only offers the MP3 downloads. Where can one buy the CD/DVD~As???????

I do have 2 Djabe DVDs (One DTS 5.1/one DVD~A MLP 5.1) and they're stunning....stunning musicianship and Sound Quality and very discrete use of surrounds.

Perhaps Neil Wilkes can shed some light on where QQers in the states can purchase these hard to find discs.

I e-mailed their website a couple of years ago and one of the band members (Atilla, IIRC) contacted me directly.
The pricing and shipping were more than fair.
Was planning to get all of their DVD-A releases but never did order (something came up, can't remember why....large vet bill maybe).
This new release makes me think I should revisit that order and add this new one to it

I e-mailed their website a couple of years ago and one of the band members (Atilla, IIRC) contacted me directly.
The pricing and shipping were more than fair.
Was planning to get all of their DVD-A releases but never did order (something came up, can't remember why....large vet bill maybe).
This new release makes me think I should revisit that order and add this new one to it

I just emailed them as well with a list of four Djabe DVD~Audio titles that I want and asked them to factor in Air Mail Shipment to the US. I even tried AmazonUK but the titles they list (DVD~A) I already have.

Ashame, because this is a band worth hearing. Too bad they have no distribution network in the US and/or Canada.

Great, looks like there's gonna be another DVD-A/V release by Djabe out any day now:

After completion of the CD a DVD-Audio release is already in the works. Latter features High Resolution Audio format in stereo and surround. Aside the studio recordings a 1-hour video of the April 1st 2016 premiere concert will also be present on the DVD, featuring most of the album’s compositions. As a further extra, videos for the Transitions are also present, made from Super 8 records of the tours of Djabe along its history. This video compilation raises interest not just because it gives an insight to the life of the band but features the 9 transitions as a whole. DVD release planned for the end of May 2016.

Yes, fortunately it has been a regular habit of Djabe to release new albums in surround, too.

I'm busy nowadays but next week I'll call them about what's up.

Finally they were kind enough to answer me with some good prices to offer. The person who answer me was Égerházi Attila, the band's guitarist. ))
By the way, the new DVD-A/V "20 Dimensions" will be available in July. ;)

Finally they were kind enough to answer me with some good prices to offer. The person who answer me was Égerházi Attila, the band's guitarist. ))
By the way, the new DVD-A/V "20 Dimensions" will be available in July. ;)

I received a similar email from Attila, as well, with great pricing but they directed me to their website and I'm still confused as to how to place an order utilizing Paypal....as there's NO link to place an order.

Do you have any suggestions?

I received a similar email from Attila, as well, with great pricing but they directed me to their website and I'm still confused as to how to place an order utilizing Paypal....as there's NO link to place an order.

Do you have any suggestions?

I'll contact the label today and ask them about the possibilities. Anyway, I can buy and post the discs for anyone of you who want to use PayPal which doesn't seem to work for the label.

I'm told that after email correspondence you can use PayPal for money transfer. Btw, Djabe's next album titled 20 Dimensions will be released next week in DVD-audio/video so you can already order it if you want.

Back