PROG ROCK TITLES-FUTURE SURROUND CONSIDERATION

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suggestions (many have already been mentioned):)

The first six are the ones I want most:

Yes - Going for the One (1977)
Drama (1980)
Please Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn let this one happen.

Dave Greenslade - Pentateuch of the Cosmogony (1979) - I'm sure this would be incredible. Different bits show up on different vinyl copies ! Would be great to hear everything all together as it was originally recorded.

Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow (1976) Another one that must be done.

Pink Floyd - Meddle (1971)

Steve Howe - Turbulence (1991)

I hope these are also released at some point

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
More (1969)
Animals (1977)

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra (1974)

Radiohead - OK Computer (1997) (Relatively modern and fantastic in stereo but imagine it in surround!)

ELO - Time (1981)

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Visions of the Emerald Beyond (1975)

Brian Eno - Another Green World (1975)

I know some of these aren't generally considered 'prog' albums, but it's such a nebulous term, so I included them anyway.

@webofsound.(and all QQ er's)

Your selections have been repeated ?? Well that's the idea behind this thread.The more of us that repetitively mention the "same releases" the better it is, it's like a VOTE .And after a bit I will try and compile the common requests so please mention any and all and especially discs already mentioned. :rolleyes:(y)

I know members have said there's little chance of these, but I would still love Yes (1969) and Time And A Word (1970).

More,

Electric Light Orchestra-Eldorado(74)

Wishbone Ash-Wishbone Ash (70)
Wishbone Ash-Pilgramage(71)
Wishbone Ash-Argus (72)

Uriah Heep-Very eavy/very umble (70)
Uriah Heep-Salisbury (71)

Atomic Rooster-In Hearing Of (71)

Caravan-If I Could Do It Over Again... (70)
Caravan-Waterloo Lily (72)
Caravan-For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night (73)
Caravan-Cunning Stunts (76?)

Robin Trower-Bridge Of Sighs (74)
Robin Trower-Twice Removed From Yesterday (73)

David Bowie-Space Oddity (69)

Tony McPhee-The Two Sides Of Tony (T.S.) McPhee (73)

more to come...(y)

@webofsound.(and all QQ er's)

Your selections have been repeated ?? Well that's the idea behind this thread.The more of us that repetitively mention the "same releases" the better it is, it's like a VOTE .And after a bit I will try and compile the common requests so please mention any and all and especially discs already mentioned. :rolleyes:(y)

Yes I gathered that, hence the smiley at the beginning of my post ;) I would be thrilled if someone would second the Pentateuch although I get the feeling that might be wishful thinking.....

Jane-Between heaven and Hell-1977
Jane -Age of Madness-1978

Steve Hilliage-Green-1978

Eloy-Ocean-1977
Eloy-Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes-1978

Hawkwind-Sonic Attack-1981

Let's hope that if any of these get mixed that the end product actually gets released. May as well give up hope for those Roxy Music titles. They just aren't happening are they?

Let's hope that if any of these get mixed that the end product actually gets released. May as well give up hope for those Roxy Music titles. They just aren't happening are they?

You don't know that for sure. As much as I want to have any and all Roxy Music surround mixes in my hands right now, I would much rather wait some more and have the releases done right rather than have them rushed out with lots of mistakes, a lack of good bonus material, and in lossy audio.
There's nothing we can do to make them get released any faster, so we may as well take the time to enjoy what does come out in the meantime. :)

Almost forgot - Can-Future Days (1973) - Though I think I remember reading the album was recorded on a 2 track ?? Again, probably not much chance this one would ever see the light of day, but you never know.

why only three albums?
i would love to see all range from 1967 "ST" ("A Whiter Shade of Pale" and "Repent Walpurgis" alone worth the admission) to 1977 "Something Magic".

Of course, I'd love to have the whole catalog, I was just picking my faves. If they decided to drop some Genesis-style box sets on us, I wouldn't complain!

However, I was just looking at the Wikipedia entry for the first album which states "the album was recorded on multitrack, it was issued as mono-only in the UK, and in mono and rechannelled stereo in the US. Despite extensive searching, the original multitrack tapes have not been located and thus a stereo mix of the original ten tracks may never be possible." :(

Supertramp_-_Crime_of_the_Century.jpg
Supertramp_-_Crisis.jpg
Supertramp_-_Even_in_the_Quietest_Moments.jpg

Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America.jpg
Supertramp_-_Famous_Last_Words.jpg

Otto read my mind....(y)

Otto read my mind....(y)
i noticed even after 40+ years Supertramp still receive, like no one else from same time, lots of airplay, which bring me to think,
surround reissue certainly will get good sales. particularly those 5 albums which seems to appeal to wide range of audience of different ages.
it's a shame nothing of them ever been released in surround, albeit back in 70s "Crime Of The Century" was announced as upcoming quad and
at beginning of millenia Ken Scott tried to convince label to do remix into 5.1

some really good suggestions I'd love to hear in surround so far. Here are some more:
Focus - Hamburger Concerto
Nektar - Recycled
Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning
Strawbs - Hero And Heroine
Triumvirat - Illusions On A Double Dimple, Spartacus

You don't know that for sure. As much as I want to have any and all Roxy Music surround mixes in my hands right now, I would much rather wait some more and have the releases done right rather than have them rushed out with lots of mistakes, a lack of good bonus material, and in lossy audio.
There's nothing we can do to make them get released any faster, so we may as well take the time to enjoy what does come out in the meantime. :)

Now that's the optimistic Ryan, I like.:D(y)

Each and every acknowledgement of other's picks would be additionally requested...... so to ensure I add "my vote" I must list some I found special and on my want list.

Nektar-Recycled

Strawbs-From The Witchwood
Strawbs-Hero And Heroine

Dave Greenslade-Pentateuch....

Audience-The House On The Hill

Radiohead-OK Computer

Steve Hillage-Green

Nektar-Recycled

Pink Floyd-Obscurred By Clouds

EMERSON, LAKE and PALMER-WORKS

Can-Soon Over Babaluma
Can-Can Saw Delight
Can-Future Days

Tangerine Dream-Poland
Edgar Froese-Aqua

Supertramp-Even In The Quietest Moments
Supertramp-Breakfast In America

Hawkwind-Do Re Me Faso La
Hawkwind-Sonic Attack
Hawkwind-In Search Of Space
Hawkwind-Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music
Hawkwind-Quark, Strangeness, Charm
Hawkwind-Hawkwind
Hawkwind-PXR5

Gong-Angels Egg
Gong-Flying Teapot
Gong-You
Gong-Camembert Electrique

Hatfield and the North

Of course, I'd love to have the whole catalog, I was just picking my faves. If they decided to drop some Genesis-style box sets on us, I wouldn't complain!

However, I was just looking at the Wikipedia entry for the first album which states "the album was recorded on multitrack, it was issued as mono-only in the UK, and in mono and rechannelled stereo in the US. Despite extensive searching, the original multitrack tapes have not been located and thus a stereo mix of the original ten tracks may never be possible." :(

:( I really hope they do find those multitrack tapes...

Back