Vanessa Fernandez - Led Zep Tribute at The Show Newport

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Wanted to mention that during this weekend's edition of The Show Newport at the Hotel Irvine, Ying Tan of Groove Note Records is playing the LP and Analog Tape version of Vanessa Fernandez' new Lep Zeppelin album "When The Levee Breaks" in Room 426 (Prana Audio). It's a chance to hear her new album that is out on Stereo SACD in two added formats.

If you're at the show be sure to hear this shoot-out. The LP edition is good, but the Analog Tape version, Wow!

http://theshownewport.com/

I was going to purchase her SACD...but after listening to it I didn't like her approach...slowing down the songs just wasn't to my liking...she has a wonderful voice..and I'm sure it has amazing sound quality...I'd love to have a hi rez release of Ann Wilson doing the Zep catalog..she does an amazing job on Stairway(better than the original IMO)..

Oh, no, now I need to go for sure, but my engine light just came on yesterday......

Was unaware of analog tape version. That would be very interesting even though I don't have a spare $10K right now for a player.

A related note on the Newport Show.

In the Pelican Hill room, Audio Distributor Philip O' Hanlon has a Surround Sound setup and is playing an unreleased Mahler: Symphony No. 3 first movement in Multichannel DSD 256. It's very dynamic and impressive.

Ditto for some tracks he has of the Vanessa Fernandez Analog Tape and a sneak preview of Santana Abraxas from Mobile Fidelity's 45 RPM Vinyl edition coming in August. The Santana was played through all of side 1 to audience applause at the demo I attended today.

Check these two demos out (Music and 4K - 30 minutes and Master Tapes - 1 hour) if you're at the show.

A related note on the Newport Show.

In the Pelican Hill room, Audio Distributor Philip O' Hanlon has a Surround Sound setup and is playing an unreleased Mahler: Symphony No. 3 first movement in Multichannel DSD 256. It's very dynamic and impressive.

Ditto for some tracks he has of the Vanessa Fernandez Analog Tape and a sneak preview of Santana Abraxas from Mobile Fidelity's 45 RPM Vinyl edition coming in August. The Santana was played through all of side 1 to audience applause at the demo I attended today.

Check these two demos out (Music and 4K - 30 minutes and Master Tapes - 1 hour) if you're at the show.

How about some pictures? The analog tapes and players especially.

Oh, no, now I need to go for sure, but my engine light just came on yesterday......

Was unaware of analog tape version. That would be very interesting even though I don't have a spare $10K right now for a player.

There's also a brand new Stereo Analog Player (not including record) coming from Horch House for $5k in early 2017.
A lot of excitement from Analog Tape fans about that.

3Tonbandmaschinen.jpg

http://www.analogarts.net/project-r2r

Last time you said it was $10K. Did they cut the price?

I wonder if they'll have one ready for the Denver show in October.

The details have been slowly trickling in.

The initial model, play only (shown above) is targeted at 5,000 Euros or around $5,700 at today's exchange rate.
I wouldn't be surprised to see another model with play and record at a higher price ($7.5k? $10k?)

Pre-orders will be taken in 3Q 2016.

Back