Involve music cd's?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don,t know if he has made any yet
But you do know that Involve=QS and there are a few QS encoded CDs out there.

Hi Gang

There are lots of nearly starters but no actual material yet. We have the encoders and it would be a real novelty. There is interest in a movie also at the moment.

I really want this to happen soon! Any links, suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Chucky

Dear All

You are on, how about you fellas suggest some suitable files that we can legally reproduce in our format, I would just love to do this!!!!

Regards

Chucky

Hi Gang

There are lots of nearly starters but no actual material yet. We have the encoders and it would be a real novelty. There is interest in a movie also at the moment.

I really want this to happen soon! Any links, suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Chucky

What would be the difference between "involve encoding" verses Sansui QS, or QS vario matrix ?

also would there be a difference in encoding with SQ ? That is if you utilize "involve SQ encoding ?

fizzykindafuzzy:D

What would be the difference between "involve encoding" verses Sansui QS, or QS vario matrix ?

also would there be a difference in encoding with SQ ? That is if you utilize "involve SQ encoding ?

I very much doubt that Chucky is proposing to encode anything in SQ or QS!

Dear All

You are on, how about you fellas suggest some suitable files that we can legally reproduce in our format, I would just love to do this!!!!

Regards

Chucky

Presumably you’re looking for discrete 4Ch material to encode Chucky (rather than 2Ch material already encoded using other formats or straight stereo material - both of which would equally benefit from simply just using Involve decoding for playback)?

Last edited:
OK Chuckie - how about Alan Parson's quad mix of Dark Side of the Moon? (Legal??) I'd love to hear the Involve treatment of that one.
nope. this must be licensed from copyright holder, before to be used for distribution by anyone else.
best bet is Google search for royalty/license free audio.
i do have copy of DTS CD distributed in past freely by canadian band from Nova Scotia if that will serve purpose. but it's DTS, mean lossy.
other way is to ask directly artists, who has surround releases, for source audio and permission.

Dear All

In fact secretly here at Involve we use (internal use only!!!!!) the Alan Parsons remix of Darks Side as one of our reference CD's where we recorded the discrete DVD audio that he leaked. Now EMI have released a blueray with it. We would have to get permission from EMI to record it. I have tried contacting them and found no front door- no reply (you get that a lot).

In regard to the comparison to an SQ recording, Involve will sound identical to the QS encode but the difference is the stereo mix will sound identical to stereo. QS produces a compressed stereo image.

Regards

Chucky

Dear All

In fact secretly here at Involve we use (internal use only!!!!!) the Alan Parsons remix of Darks Side as one of our reference CD's where we recorded the discrete DVD audio that he leaked. Now EMI have released a blueray with it. We would have to get permission from EMI to record it. I have tried contacting them and found no front door- no reply (you get that a lot).

In regard to the comparison to an SQ recording, Involve will sound identical to the QS encode but the difference is the stereo mix will sound identical to stereo. QS produces a compressed stereo image.

Regards

Chucky

So your "involve encode" is not SQ , but somewhat similar to "Regular Matrix" I'm guessing.

Hi Fizzywigs42

Involve encode is definitely not related to SQ, it is closer in its core to QS but the differences are that it is in fact a variable parameter encode matrix. The matrix parameters are continuously varied to match the nature of the stereo/ surround content, psychoacoustic weightings and the amount of surround content at any instant . This is also a 3 band system. That's all I can reveal but it is covered by our patents.

Suffice to say that the end result is the stereo mix sounds like stereo and the surround decode sounds like surround!

Regards

Chucky

Last edited:
I think you meant
Involve encode is definitely not related to SQ, it is closer in its core to QS

Thanks Rustyandi

Had a busy challenging day and my fingers got well ahead of my brain! I have fixed my typo, I think I will let you answer my questions in future.

Regards

Chucky

I think you meant
Involve encode is definitely not related to SQ, it is closer in its core to QS

Back