¡¡¡BOWIE!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An eight-song, vinyl-only EP recorded live in Berlin in 1978 is being released. Unfortunately the only way place to get it is in Brooklyn at the David Bowie Is exhibit. (I will most likely head into NYC sometime to see the exhibit. It looks pretty cool!)

dbisny_berlin_time_1000sq.jpg

LIVE IN BERLIN (1978) 8 TRACK ORANGE VINYL MINI-LP (David Bowie is Brooklyn Museum Exhibition Exclusive)

Side 1.

1. “Heroes” (7.21)

2. Be My Wife (2.51)

3. Blackout (3.39)

4. Sense Of Doubt (3.18)

Side 2.

1. Breaking Glass (3.36)

2. Fame (4.05)

3. Alabama Song (4.08)

4. Rebel Rebel (3.37)

Produced by David Bowie

Recorded live at the Deutschlandhalle, Berlin on 16th May, 1978.

An eight-song, vinyl-only EP recorded live in Berlin in 1978 is being released. Unfortunately the only way place to get it is in Brooklyn at the David Bowie Is exhibit. (I will most likely head into NYC sometime to see the exhibit. It looks pretty cool!)

View attachment 32274

LIVE IN BERLIN (1978) 8 TRACK ORANGE VINYL MINI-LP (David Bowie is Brooklyn Museum Exhibition Exclusive)

Side 1.

1. “Heroes” (7.21)

2. Be My Wife (2.51)

3. Blackout (3.39)

4. Sense Of Doubt (3.18)

Side 2.

1. Breaking Glass (3.36)

2. Fame (4.05)

3. Alabama Song (4.08)

4. Rebel Rebel (3.37)

Produced by David Bowie

Recorded live at the Deutschlandhalle, Berlin on 16th May, 1978.

Some great songs(y)

Bowie's social media channels have just announced a forthcoming box set, Divine Symmetry, The Road to Hunky Dory. A version of "Kooks" recorded for the BBC is set to be released as a single tomorrow in advance of the box set. If past practice is anything to go by, we probably shouldn't expect a physical release of the album in surround, but perhaps we'll get an Atmos mix on the streaming services. Visconti did do an Atmos mix of an alternate take of "Quicksand" for the recent Moonage Daydream film. Fingers crossed.

One can hope!
When I was a young child in the early 80s, never did I think my favorite singer/musician would ever get together with my new favorite guitar player. And that album made it happen. I was disappointed that Stevie Ray Vaughan didn't play with him live at the concerts I bought tickets to but I got over it.

Saw Bowie on the Station To Station tour at Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto. Frank Sinatra style going on. In cottage country every summer this guy blasted Bowie so that the sound echoed off the lake. Maybe it was better than the peace and calm. ;)

Should be fun, Murphy has a great voice (or at least he did). Ziggy Stardust from 1982's The Sky's Gone Out might hint at what to expect.

In cottage country every summer this guy blasted Bowie so that the sound echoed off the lake. Maybe it was better than the peace and calm. ;)
Ha ha - I'd love to be up there and suddenly hear Bowie. It remids me of many years ago, Jimmy Page wanted to blast Led Zeppelin albums somewhere in the Swiss Apls I think, and record the results - but was told he couldn't. Stupid governments jave NO appreciation for the arts. And also they worried about it causing an avalanche... which I have heard can cause damage or something. But still... it's Zeppelin.

So he never played there again after 83?
Yes the glass spider tour which I didn't like that much, then the sound and vision tour which was basically a greatest hits tour and only used about one quarter of the floor with the stage facing the half circle
of the seating at the end of the stadium, that show was a really good one and would be around the time you are referring to. I know glass spider was filmed but don't remember if sound and vision was.

That would be strange as Nile Rodgers commissioned Steven Wilson for the Chic remixes.

Back