ALIENADIN Blu-ray Audio in discrete Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surroundjediguitarlord

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right section. I was told I could promote my Blu-ray Audio disc on here, so here goes.

I am a guitarist/composer. I started out with Blues, later got into shredding. When I was 15, I started studying Classical guitar for two years, but switched to Jazz guitar for more creative freedom, which I graduated with summa cum laude honours. I'd call myself a Fusion lead guiarist.

I produced my first CD in 2012, and while I liked my songs, I hated the sound, as everything had to be rushed, so I was terribly unhappy with the result.
2 years ago I decided to remix it myself, then I got into surround music, and absolutely love it, so I decided to also mix it for surround.
I finished this March. Lol

The samples on Youtube should just give you an idea about the music. The sound is not truly representative of the final masters. Here are the samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL4TT93Igd4

The Quad surround mixes are absolutely discrete. It isn't gimmicky in my opinion, but perhaps a bit unusual. It does not try to sound like a live album. Instead, I opted to go for a fresh approach.

I think the mixes always benefit the listening experience, and never distract, but of course that will always be subjective.

I produced this Blu-ray Audio entirely by myself, and I haven't even promoted it yet.

Perhaps, there are some people here, who are open for something new and different. My music isn't exactly easy-listening, so it's best to sit in the sweetspot, turn off the lights, and enjoy.

If you like guitar music, you should definitely get a kick out of it. The music was written out completely, and every single note was composed and arranged by myself.

There are 16 songs in total + 3 bonus tracks in surround/stereo= 19 songs
The surround mixes are completely different from the stereo mixes.
There is over 86min of original music on the Blu-ray Audio.
There are screensavers and some slideshows for people who have to leave their TVs on.
The menus are only in 720p, so they look fuzzy to me, but the screensavers are in 1080i and look great.
The stereo mixes are in LPCM 24bit/96kHz.
The surround mixes are in 4.0 (5.1 with a dead centre and LFE) DTS-HD Master Audio 24/96 with a 1509 core DTS 96/24 track for those without lossless audio capabilities.
3 songs have vocals. The rest are instrumental.

The Blu-ray Audio comes in a CD Jewel case.

The price is EUR15 + shipping (EUR7.20 within the EU, EUR 13.60 for the US, and apparently the rest of the world)

You can send me a PM if you are interested in getting one, and feel free to ask any questions, of course.

Thanks, and cheers,

Ali

Last edited:
Hi Robert, thanks for your interest. Certainly a good idea. The problem is choosing a song that is representative of the album, as each one is different. Which of the sample songs on youtube would you recommend putting up here i surround sound?

I'm impressed with your sample but I must admit I'm more impressed that you appreciate and understand the importance of good dynamic range and how overly compressed sound ruins the music...I'd buy a copy right now to give it a shot...from this brief glimpse of your music it's obvious that you have the technical skills....but it also takes a good songwriter...good material...which is much harder...

I'm impressed with your sample but I must admit I'm more impressed that you appreciate and understand the importance of good dynamic range and how overly compressed sound ruins the music...I'd buy a copy right now to give it a shot...from this brief glimpse of your music it's obvious that you have the technical skills....but it also takes a good songwriter...good material...which is much harder...

Thank you. I really appreciate your kind words. Extreme compression is what ruined my first CD, along with bad mixing.
So, would you or will buy a copy? Lol
I am sure you would be more than happy with the songwriting skills, and it's really diverse as you can hear from the samples.

So, I have just been to the post office, and was informed that the postage within Europe is EUR7.20, and EUR13.60 for the US, and apparently the rest of the world. I have also included this info in my original post now.
Thank you.

I am moved by the overwhelming interest in my BD-Audio. You guys rock!

I haven't done any advertising until now, so this is truly wonderful. :banana:

I like the electric guitar work, that is what I am looking for, more of that please. I will definitely order.

@surroundjedi...

Is this a pressed BD or BD-R? I'd like to pick your brain, if you're willing, regarding how you authored the BD. I have a project to release soon and BD-R could be a good solution for me.
Still trying to work that out.

I don't really know. I had it pressed at a production facility, but it's not the most expensive method.
I can ask them. It appears to play fine on all BD players. I have tested about 12 different players so far.

@surroundjedi...

Is this a pressed BD or BD-R? I'd like to pick your brain, if you're willing, regarding how you authored the BD. I have a project to release soon and BD-R could be a good solution for me.
Still trying to work that out.

I don't really know. I had it pressed at a production facility, but it's not the most expensive method.
I can ask them. It appears to play fine on all BD players. I have tested about 12 different players so far.

I wonder if there is a choice between "replication" and "duplication" for BD, as there is with CD? If so, I know one is far less expensive for CD. One is stamped and the other burned, IIRC.
What about authoring? Did you handle that on your own or enlist some help? Pls feel free to PM if you don't want all your secret sauce revealed to the world. I very much appreciate your insights.

Since this is all highly complicated I have sent you a PM. I am sure there is a difference. If you want an official BD, it costs an arm and a leg, particuarly when it's such a small project like mine. Only about 30 discs made in total, because I thought I was the only one interested in my music in surround sound. It looks like I was dead wrong, which is truly wonderful. Lol

I wonder if there is a choice between "replication" and "duplication" for BD, as there is with CD? If so, I know one is far less expensive for CD. One is stamped and the other burned, IIRC.
What about authoring? Did you handle that on your own or enlist some help? Pls feel free to PM if you don't want all your secret sauce revealed to the world. I very much appreciate your insights.

Back