HiRez Poll Chicago - QUADIO [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Chicago - QUADIO

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Content, Poor Surround

• Total voters
Played about half of the box
I am enjoying these. I found the vocals not loud enough on some discs.
In terms of quality of the music I gave it an 8. There are some clunkers especially on the later discs.

Yes!

Just wrote Steve another email....I know that it has been delayed even longer but now I'm starting to get antsy...
Yep, but since the delay is because they are awaiting the new corrected box, I will be patient for a couple of more weeks. After all, SpinCD/Steve is not in charge of when the corrected box/discs will be available.

Over all it sucks though :(

Yep, but since the delay is because they are awaiting the new corrected box, I will be patient for a couple of more weeks. After all, SpinCD/Steve is not in charge of when the corrected box/discs will be available.

Over all it sucks though :(

Yeah, I won't cancel the order... waiting a few more weeks is not the end of the world and Steve is always very nice! I prefer to give HIM my money rather than to yamazonnnn...

Well, I got mine last week. The whole issue is most attractive to Quaddies and saved me waiting another couple of years to see a decent copy of Chicago VIII to appear on eBay or Discogs. To put Chicago's music on a single BluRay is overkill, but I was most interested in the sonic merits. I gave the first three records a thorough audition on my 11.2 system and was nevertheless slightly disappointed. On most songs single vocals were almost drained out by the other instruments, whereas the choruses came with punch adding to the very dynamic sound. But the lack of vocals is nothing that can be compensated sound wise or by twiddling the knobs! But taking everything into account I would rate Quadio a solid 8.

Received this from Dr. Rhino today:

Thank you for your email.We are currently producing replacement discs.
I do not have a date as to when they will be available, but I will update you as soon as I do.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Dr. Rhino

Have you listened to the Blood, Sweat & Tears AF quad releases? Your view of the band Chicago was exactly how I felt about BS&T untill I had a listen to their quality quad releases. ...horns and all.

Finally got around to BST. And you are absolutely right, himey they are wonderful too - especially the self-named album. Thanks for the encouragement!!

Please post if any of you receive the Chicago II replacement disc. (I got the same response as JediJoker when I sent my email a few weeks ago.)

I voted 9 because it is very hard to give any recording a 10. I would have given it a 9.5 if that was possible. The shear amount of surround music to listen to is overwhelming! Keep it up Rhino what next?

The replacement disc for Chicago II arrived in the mail today. They also sent me another Chicago IX (Greatest Hits) disc. Was there a problem with that disc too? If so, what was the problem?

The replacement disc for Chicago II arrived in the mail today. They also sent me another Chicago IX (Greatest Hits) disc. Was there a problem with that disc too? If so, what was the problem?

I got my discs as well on Saturday. The songs from Chicago II that were also on Greatest Hits were also in mono: Make Me Smile and Colour My World.

Great value and Dr Rhino is now posting my replacement discs.

Only had a chance to listen to a couple of albums so far but love the old school quad

A handy reference for those wishing to identify original vs. replacement discs for Chicago and Greatest Hits, including photos and matrix transcriptions.

Chicago - Original:

r3V0Kr6.jpg

NwKl72Q.jpg

• IFPI L018
  • [SYMBOL] S1 0349788066B/1 V01 DOJ

Chicago - Replacement:

DLicTz3.jpg

Enop4xr.jpg

• IFPI LV80
  • (590044) 3.2.553946V2.F.2 01S

Greatest Hits - Original:

lnPsfiw.jpg

9IB4wOp.jpg

• IFPI L018
  • [SYMBOL] S1 0349788066H/1 V01 XMB

Greatest Hits - Replacement:

FfzsdJ0.jpg

eUScqWQ.jpg

• IFPI LV80
  • (590040) 3.2.553946V2.FE.8 01S

Handy pictures. A shortcut is the replacements say "Unauthorized duplication" in the copyright blurb, whereas the originals say "Unauthorized copying".

Handy pictures. A shortcut is the replacements say "Unauthorized duplication" in the copyright blurb, whereas the originals say "Unauthorized copying".
A couple handier ones:
- For Chicago, the original has the disc number printed in white. On the replacement, it is printed in black (and is also now the catalog number rather than a different number).
- For Greatest Hits, the original has the "Rhino" logo in full color (white text on a red background). On the replacement, it is in black and white (white text on a black background). (It also has the disc number substituted with the catalog number, but both are printed in black, making it harder to spot.)

A couple handier ones:
- For Chicago, the original has the disc number printed in white. On the replacement, it is printed in black (and is also now the catalog number rather than a different number).
- For Greatest Hits, the original has the "Rhino" logo in full color (white text on a red background). On the replacement, it is in black and white (white text on a black background). (It also has the disc number substituted with the catalog number, but both are printed in black, making it harder to spot.)

The catalog number on both replacement discs starts with BA2. That's what I go by.

The catalog number on both replacement discs starts with BA2. That's what I go by.
Technically, the catalog number does not change. What does change is that there is no longer a separate ID number for the disc. On each replacement disc, the number printed on the disc is now just the catalog number, as printed on the original sleeve. But, yes: the numbers printed on both corrected discs start with "BA2," a fairly simple way to spot them.

Oh man, I feel cheated out!!!!
Where was this cool sticker????

I certainly don't see it anywhere---

Funny, cause I was wondering why there were no credits regarding the transfers, etc. and I was gonna mention that I wouldn't have been surprised if it was someone form this Forum...I don't see anyone, but the Craig guy certainly sounds familiar...

Really really great transfer and yes, I can hear a but of a smiley EQ going on and some compreshin' going on...

Anybody know anything about this?
(any spectrum analyzer comparisons?)

Back