I know it's fake but... (Pink Floyd DSOTM on pink vinyl)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kangmella

OK, I've been a member here for quite some time and have only ever posted twice and have also searched the forum extensively for the topic I want to post but found nothing.
Here goes! I know those "pink" DSOTM quad LPs floating on eBay are fake, but then I saw this on discogs.com

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/release/6445397

Can somebody put me out of my misery and tell me if they are fake (poor recording, stereo not quad) or is there somebody out there who's kept the original Australian quad stampers and is doing them on the "side" so to speak? I have a surround master that I would love to run it through but I just don't want to spend the $70+ postage and be left with a colourful dud!

Thanks

These are fake as both copies as listed as New and one states that the record in on clear vinyl. I invite you to not waste your money on costly imitations.

Best of luck with your search!

I was hoping against hope with this I know, but the thought that (according to discogs) a 2014 quad version of DSOTM exists had my mind racing with all sorts of thoughts ;)
We were still pressing the quad version late into the eighties here in Oz so maybe....
Anyway, thanks.

I also thought there had been Australian re-issue of DSOTM that was SQ encoded, or at least the labeling was reprinted as such.
I thought I had heard they were related to the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in 1988 or 1989. Actually, Mark Anderson's
discography backs that claim up, unless it's been dis-proven otherwise.

I myself had come across a bootleg version of this very re-issue in NYC. The front cover was clear and crisp, but the back was
highly illegible, so I left it alone.

I also thought there had been Australian re-issue of DSOTM that was SQ encoded, or at least the labeling was reprinted as such.
I thought I had heard they were related to the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in 1988 or 1989. Actually, Mark Anderson's

I myself had come across a bootleg version of this very re-issue in NYC. The front cover was clear and crisp, but the back was

There is a Australian Pink SQ Dark Side of Moon
I have 1 and played it

I wouldn't mind buying one, knowing it's a fake and possibly poor sound quality just for a laugh. But they sell for upwards of $50 then there's delivery! What gets me is that people may think they're legit!

Back