Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha - I heard one of the songs from this on satellite radio yesterday and I was like.....wow, I used to have that record when I was a young kid back in the early 70's. Sooooo - I go to discogs in search of...

The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy's Christmas LP....and I scored one. Seller was asking $17 and I sent him an offer for $10 and he agreed. :)
I always LOVED the cover....

Snoopy's Christmas.JPG

Haha - I heard one of the songs from this on satellite radio yesterday and I was like.....wow, I used to have that record when I was a young kid back in the early 70's. Sooooo - I go to discogs in search of...

The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy's Christmas LP....and I scored one. Seller was asking $17 and I sent him an offer for $10 and he agreed. :)
I always LOVED the cover....

View attachment 28091

Ha Snood had that one toooo lol :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I just purchased my first 7" 45rpm Vinyl since the early 70's. I couldn't resist the nostalgia. So, I ordered a 3 vinyl set of Ringo Starr. Should be fun to add this to my growing vinyl collection. :) All three come with the original artwork that would have been present back in the day...and a poster. All in a small box. :)

Shipped for $19.95

CD's:

7-Harry Belafonte
Calypso Carnival & The Warm Touch

8-Harry Belafonte - Homeward Bound & Belafonte Sings of Love

9-Henry Mancini
Big Screen / Little Screen & A Concert of Film Music

10-Henry Mancini
The Big Latin Band of Henry Mancini & The Latin Sound Henry Mancini

11-Henry Mancini
Theme from "Z" and other film music & Debut!

12-Henry Mancini - Mancini Concert & Mancini Plays the Theme from Love Story

13-Roosevelt Sykes
The Honeydripper & Face To Face With The Blues

Always enjoyed Zebra's debut album from 1983. Used to have a cassette copy - looking forward to album on Atlantic. :)

Used/Mint for $7.99 shipped.

Zebra 1983 debut.JPG

Always enjoyed Zebra's debut album from 1983. Used to have a cassette copy - looking forward to album on Atlantic. :)

Not really that familiar with them overall, but I LOOOOVE 'Who's Behind the Door'! :banana:

Not really that familiar with them overall, but I LOOOOVE 'Who's Behind the Door'! :banana:

Wow, really? They were pretty damn popular regionally across the midwest. This album had a pretty big hit here locally.... Tell Me What You Want....
Yeah - Who's Behind The Door is a great tune as well, and a modest here locally. Man, does this bring back memories of cruising in my 1972 Cutlas 4.4.2, windows down, Jenson Triax II's cranked....mellow buzz....30mph.....oh man.

Sorry for the cheesy early 80's video...but a great tune.

[video=youtube;C5I_CpoodtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5I_CpoodtI[/video]

Just ordered the Elvis album from Popmarket for $14.99 shipped. Couldn't resist the 24 hour sale...with no shipping. :banana:

View attachment 28265

What a great album, the very best one Elvis ever recorded. Scotty Moore really is the star of this album for me. Half the movie was filmed at at the Coco Palms on Kauai. I was married there in 1977. The place got destroyed in the 90s. It lasted longer than my marriage.

What a great album, the very best one Elvis ever recorded. Scotty Moore really is the star of this album for me. Half the movie was filmed at at the Coco Palms on Kauai. I was married there in 1977. The place got destroyed in the 90s. It lasted longer than my marriage.

I've never owned the album, but obviously, saw the movie literally dozens of times and it has a great soundtrack. Yep, I'm an Elvis fan. :)
This version is a gatefold, so it should be fun to own and see what sort of artwork it has..

I've never owned the album, but obviously, saw the movie literally dozens of times and it has a great soundtrack. Yep, I'm an Elvis fan. :)
This version is a gatefold, so it should be fun to own and see what sort of artwork it has..
I am also an Elvis fan. I saw him live in Vegas at the International in 1971.Elvis Presley (1).jpg

I am also an Elvis fan. I saw him live in Vegas at the International in 1971.View attachment 28267

Well, you are lucky then. I had tickets, with my parents, (I was only 13) to see him at The Assembly Hall, Champaign, Illinois on October 22, 1976. Only, my parents had an unusually late harvest that fall on the farm, and since farming comes first....we got rid of the tickets at the last minute!!!!! How could I know he would only live a while longer after that date?

Stupid luck.....and I've always regretted that.

Well, you are lucky then. I had tickets, with my parents, (I was only 13) to see him at The Assembly Hall, Champaign, Illinois on October 22, 1976. Only, my parents had an unusually late harvest that fall on the farm, and since farming comes first....we got rid of the tickets at the last minute!!!!! How could I know he would only live a while longer after that date?

Stupid luck.....and I've always regretted that.
I used to live 300 miles from Vegas and he played there twice a year. I am really pissed I didn't see him more often. The admission was only like $20. I am also really pissed I didn't ever go see Mr Sinatra. I did see a lot of concerts in Vegas and believe it or not the very best one I saw there was Johnny Carson. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

Due 1/27/17: Fresh Cream deluxe 3 CD & 1 Blu-Ray http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...cream-january-27-300376108.html#continue-jump

Sadly, no 5.1 mix, BUT Blu-Ray does have original album in 24/96 2ch & mono. SPOONFUL, WRAPPING PAPER & THE COFFEE SONG also in 24/96 2ch & mono as bonus tracks on Blu-Ray.

Hopefully, N.S.U. (quoted below) doesn't have the big dropout that the DCC gold CD had. My original German CD doesn't have the dropout, nor did my UK & US LP's.

Riding in my car, smoking my cigar, the only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar...

Pink Floyd - Animals (2011 remastered CD)

I've never owned Animals. DSOTM, WYWH, and The Wall are some of my favorite albums so I'm looking forward to discovering more PF.

Pink Floyd - Animals (2011 remastered CD)

I've never owned Animals. DSOTM, WYWH, and The Wall are some of my favorite albums so I'm looking forward to discovering more PF.
Animals is my favorite PF album, and I love love love DSOTM and WYWH. I have Animals in 5.1 that someone made for me. Fantastic.:banana::banana::banana:

Back